Twitter

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Twitter

Post by Kitriana » 18 Sep 2011 15:20

Another idea sparked from Top muds : I don't personally use Twitter.. and don't really intend to start... but maybe there are Genesis players who do.. is this a possible means of promotion? Or a way to alert people to new events.. or happenings going on that might draw people to the game?

Kit's player
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Twitter

Post by gorboth » 20 Sep 2011 21:19

Stay on topic please. Meaningless post deleted.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Iliana
Wanderer

Post by Iliana » 20 Sep 2011 22:59

Actually if there was a twitter account for Genesis, you could embed that into website so you could post updates, info, changes and events to the site without making code changes, just post a tweet.

Example is a site I did for my church, it has the twitter window at the bottom.
http://bethelholiness.org/

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 20 Sep 2011 23:28

right.. so then people could subscribe to the Genesis "twitter feed"... and be alerted for things. And isn't there some kind of Twitter search? so maybe some random people might find out about the game that way by accident based on search words? honestly.. I don't use twitter so I don't know EXACTLY how it works.

Kit

Iliana
Wanderer

Post by Iliana » 21 Sep 2011 01:25

I know if you have twitter, people can follow you which means yes they can get notified of things you post to twitter. Also twitter and fb pages can be connected so the genesis twitter and gen group fb page could be connected. Lastly they twitter can be posted not only from any computer but from any cellphone that it is connected to. This might be handy for our keepers who might not be at a computer when they need to post something.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Sep 2011 03:41

Would it not be fun if the ones who made the twittering posts were the Genesis NPCs? Obviously "we" (interested wizards or mortals) would make the posts in their name. So perhaps one day Kernan complains about getting killed for the 50th time... Or Carlsan (the town crier) twitters that he has seen over a dozen new faces in Sparkle today. (just use the new player statistics). Or whatever you can think of thats fun or informative.

Or it could be a regular newsfeed-twitter-page. I am sure there are some news to twitter about every day. "Dont forget the market quest tomorrow", "5 new characters created today", "This week Lars granted 37 characters a second chance", "Crystal axe in the auction house!", etc, etc...

Or it could be some type of gossip-twitter-page? Where anyone can post? (perhaps easier with a gossip forum section?).

But anyone can create a twitter account and talk about Genesis if they want. For the more official info I suggested above it would need to be in some way wizard controlled though, and an "official" twitter page.

Anyway, just some brainstorming from me here, anything that makes the game feel more alive would be great I think.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Sep 2011 10:22

I don't follow you ;) 8-)

Iliana
Wanderer

Post by Iliana » 24 Sep 2011 14:30

I love the idea of using character names! That would be lots of fun. So do we need an AoT? Arch of Twitter?

You have to have a valid email for each twitter account, its how they confirm. I added an Iliana twitter to the Glade.

http://home.comcast.net/~iliana_feahith ... index.html

So now when I post something to twitter, it will show up on the Glade.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 24 Sep 2011 17:44

Cherek's idea is excellent. You could even post them on the gen web site.

Making the NPCs 'come alive' is a great dimension IMHO.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 25 Sep 2011 01:39

Yes I like Cherek's thoughts/ideas as well! This would be a great way to entice people into the game.. or to come check out whats going on at that moment.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/