So tell us about your first time....

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Iliana
Wanderer

So tell us about your first time....

Post by Iliana » 08 Oct 2011 02:32

Ok get your mind out of the gutter, I mean your first time computing or gaming or using this amazing technology. For me it was 1975, my high school in Vermont was one of the few in the country to make efforts to bring computing into our school. So armed with a teletype machine, a coupler modem and access to some far off main frame, we started learning programming. My first PC was an 8086 with 64K of RAM!! Man I was rockin! and no need for a hard drive, games fit on one of those amazing 5.25 in floppy disks. :D First gaming was an atari system but the day we got one of the first ninetendo systems and The Legend of Zelda, I stayed up all night to be the first in my family to beat the game. Ahhh.. yes, the wonderous memories. So now it's your turn, tell us all about your first time.

Amberlee
Myth

Re: So tell us about your first time....

Post by Amberlee » 08 Oct 2011 02:46

Back sometime in the late
Kings Quest 4 and Police Quest 1 :p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 08 Oct 2011 04:12

Hard to remember exactly the first time, and the answer would depend, too, on what we are talking about exactly. My first computer game experiences of any kind that I can remember all happened at school on those glorious Apple II+ machines. I joined the computer club at our local university, and rode my bike over as often as I could to play games like Akalabeth (Richard Garriot's predecessor to the Ultima series - also illustrated by Denis Loubet, our artist!) and Wizardry. This must have been around 1981-1982 when I was in the 4th or 5th grade. My dad who worked as a High School Vice Principal would bring home one of the school's Apple Computers to work on every so often, and I started getting a collection of as many games as I could to play on them. Hard Hat Mac, Sammy Lightfoot, Sneakers, Aztec, Evolution ... all sorts of classic and fun little games for the Apple II. What great memories.

My first console experiences were with the Atari 2600, of course. I remember being absolutely addicted to a very simple but difficult to master game titled "Yar's Revenge." It was great stuff, and I was the best in the neighborhood. I would ride down to my friend's house at the end of the cul-de-sac as often as possible to play on his system. My mom told me she'd let me buy one when the price came down to $10.00. I'm still waiting for that to happen.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 09 Oct 2011 20:03

My beloved and still have, ZX81 ! And numerous other old 'computers'
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 09 Oct 2011 21:48

im not really a tech nutt, so i dont know what it really was called... but my first one was the one before commedore 64. It was callec Vic20 in denmark.. then i got a commedore 64. then on to amiga 500. then a 500+ and then i had a long period with out any gaming or computers really.. then i got a compaq pc. 233 mhz.. was awsome as hell, could play gen.. and i destroyed it in anger, then i got an AMD Athlon 1200 or something.. rocked.. and i destroyed it in anger.. then i got a nother 2400 amd thingie.. pc.. was cool.. and i destroyed it in anger... then i went on to a labtop, wich i also destroyed in anger.. then.. back to a normal pc.. wich i also destroyed with a kick.. and now im on a labtop again, a HP pavillion amd thingie... wich i have destroyed the screen on, so i bought a acer screen... so labtop and sepparate screen now. :)

Well thats my tech history..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 10 Oct 2011 13:34

My first time it was pseudo-graphic game written by my father. It was like unix "rogue" but with more interesting labirynths and equipment.
It was on russian computer called "SM" which looked like mainframe with 20-30 terminals in different rooms. And it was .... about .... 1985.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 10 Oct 2011 16:22

Alorrana wrote:im not really a tech nutt, so i dont know what it really was called... but my first one was the one before commedore 64. It was callec Vic20 in denmark.. then i got a commedore 64. then on to amiga 500. then a 500+ and then i had a long period with out any gaming or computers really.. then i got a compaq pc. 233 mhz.. was awsome as hell, could play gen.. and i destroyed it in anger, then i got an AMD Athlon 1200 or something.. rocked.. and i destroyed it in anger.. then i got a nother 2400 amd thingie.. pc.. was cool.. and i destroyed it in anger... then i went on to a labtop, wich i also destroyed in anger.. then.. back to a normal pc.. wich i also destroyed with a kick.. and now im on a labtop again, a HP pavillion amd thingie... wich i have destroyed the screen on, so i bought a acer screen... so labtop and sepparate screen now. :)

Remind me not to play next to you in the computer lab. :shock:

*tease*
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Iliana
Wanderer

Post by Iliana » 10 Oct 2011 16:33

Alorrana wrote:im not really a tech nutt, so i dont know what it really was called... but my first one was the one before commedore 64. It was callec Vic20 in denmark.. then i got a commedore 64. then on to amiga 500. then a 500+ and then i had a long period with out any gaming or computers really.. then i got a compaq pc. 233 mhz.. was awsome as hell, could play gen.. and i destroyed it in anger, then i got an AMD Athlon 1200 or something.. rocked.. and i destroyed it in anger.. then i got a nother 2400 amd thingie.. pc.. was cool.. and i destroyed it in anger... then i went on to a labtop, wich i also destroyed in anger.. then.. back to a normal pc.. wich i also destroyed with a kick.. and now im on a labtop again, a HP pavillion amd thingie... wich i have destroyed the screen on, so i bought a acer screen... so labtop and sepparate screen now. :)

That's kind of like the old joke... how can you tell which computer belongs to the blonde? the one with whiteout on the monitor. And how do you tell which one is belongs to the red head? The one with the hammer through the monitor. :D

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 10 Oct 2011 22:42

Started with Commodore Vic 20, then C-64 (magical times), Amiga 500(imba times), Amiga 1200, then jumped ship(when Commodore collapsed) to 486, and stayed true since building a zillion pc's until today. ^^
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 11 Oct 2011 12:37

I will send you to anger management class :)
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/