Discussion Re: Global Balance Changes

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Global Balance Changes

Post by Rhynox » 13 Mar 2010 20:56

Draugor wrote:Mercs should get it just like they have weapon skills! Gief sp guru block :D
Well, I guess they will be able to, since it is just another ability. Well, I guess you could make the yeti the trainer for block :evil: Or Fael-thas.

Bromen
Champion

Re: Discussion Re: Global Balance Changes

Post by Bromen » 13 Mar 2010 22:39

lol pretty sure the Yeti doesn't block. Don't you slip or something?

It'll be interesting if the block is added to the guru quest for mercs. Unless it's a wizday or there is some huge injustice done and a posse is formed, I don't think I'll ever use the block skill. I am happy to see, from what I can gander 3, new magic guilds opening. I'm praying these guilds come out under powered and tweaked to be more powerful. I'm pretty sure the realms are tired of feeling the nerf bat.

SCoP closing is pretty surprising.

Awesome update Petros, thank you!

-B

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 14 Mar 2010 00:39

Some concerns:

Wouldn't it have been better to introduce this with a new form of playerkill death recovery?

If people start abusing block using triggers or what not are people going to be restored? Or are they screwed?

I'm not sure about these changes. The equipment before armageddon saving seems like a good idea, we'll see.

I'm a little concerned with the post-armageddon rush again. Unless you are increasing the amount of limited items once again you are separating the haves with the have-nots. I'll admit I enjoy looking around for gear after reboot, but it's also nice that after a day I can find some stuff.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 14 Mar 2010 00:47

Mersereau wrote:Wouldn't it have been better to introduce this with a new form of playerkill death recovery?
If we wait until Gorboth and his pack finishes with the new timed recovery system we will never use it ;) We will see what happens once the block is implemented (wouldn't surprise me if we see a rush to mercenaries from ogres).

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 14 Mar 2010 01:03

bromen wrote:I am happy to see, from what I can gander 3, new magic guilds opening. I'm praying these guilds come out under powered and tweaked to be more powerful. I'm pretty sure the realms are tired of feeling the nerf bat.

SCoP closing is pretty surprising.

Awesome update Petros, thank you!
Agreed on the approach to starting out cautiously and upgrading, agreed on the surprise of SCoP close and agreed on the awesomeness of the update.
But I have to ask, you say that 3 new magic guilds are opening. Which are the other 2, besides this new Elementalist OCC?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 14 Mar 2010 01:07

Mersereau wrote:Wouldn't it have been better to introduce this with a new form of playerkill death recovery?
Yes, it would have been better. But testing of block has been going on for quite some time. Expanding it out to the player base will give a better understanding of how it can be used overall. If there are issues that warrant restorations, I'm sure Gorboth will take care of it.
Mersereau wrote:I'm a little concerned with the post-armageddon rush again. Unless you are increasing the amount of limited items once again you are separating the haves with the have-nots. I'll admit I enjoy looking around for gear after reboot, but it's also nice that after a day I can find some stuff.
This won't change, really. What's changed isn't that we reverted to post-armageddon rush. It's that you'll be seeing magical items appearing sooner than 4 days into Armageddon.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 14 Mar 2010 01:14

I am guessing the item changes have already been done, since we are gathering quite a few good equipment pieces (with only a few ones saving). One thing I would like been treated is the recycling. Many times guilds are able to reclycle unique items often, which makes the other population not able to fetch and enjoy it. With the new rules if I recycle a crystal axe that I obtained during the first day or Armageddon on the last one, chances are very high of getting a saving axe and limiting the availability of the item for another week.

Megarius
Apprentice

Post by Megarius » 14 Mar 2010 09:10

Alorrana wrote:two of them are very cool.- thanks..
global block.. now that a scaring thought... especially with the
I can kill you and dont care rules thats on this game.

Oh well lets see how it goes.. amazed that people are so focused on
pvp when there are so few to fight... But again lets kill some peeps
and have them leave...*shrug*
I was naive enough to think that its gonna be a real BLOCK. But this is actually to prevent people leaving the room... Hahahaha :mrgreen:. Rules, what rules? When was the last time people killed each other in Gen based on rules? Like myths don't kill enough already. Lets give them another ability to make their kills more successful. *shrug* Thanks for your efforts wizards, but this makes little sense. This is and exclusive change that will only affect PvP, so I care less to be honest. Item spawning more often, thats a good change.

So is there are any hope that there will be some good changes that will help lover level players? Or Gen will be only promoting capped characters now? Or should we just leave and let myths slit each others throats?

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 14 Mar 2010 10:31

petros wrote:
Yes, it would have been better. But testing of block has been going on for quite some time. Expanding it out to the player base will give a better understanding of how it can be used overall. If there are issues that warrant restorations, I'm sure Gorboth will take care of it.
Mersereau wrote:I'm a little concerned with the post-armageddon rush again. Unless you are increasing the amount of limited items once again you are separating the haves with the have-nots. I'll admit I enjoy looking around for gear after reboot, but it's also nice that after a day I can find some stuff.
This won't change, really. What's changed isn't that we reverted to post-armageddon rush. It's that you'll be seeing magical items appearing sooner than 4 days into Armageddon.

I for one welcome these changes, it will be intresting to see how it works!

I do have one concern though, giving spellcasters a way of blocking you from leaving, along with their crowd control spells seems
a bit over the top if you ask me, say this new block in a team means a block that lasts for 10-30 seconds, a spellcaster can in that time cast 1-5 spells and that means 1-5 crown controll spells, meaning you could be Extremely exhausted/stunned or dead before block is broken.

Seing how I fought a magic user just the other day and had him beat me from fvw to th in less than 30 seconds, I have to say I am a bit worried of what will come next time I' am ambushed...

As for the other changes, I think they will be good for the game.
Wizards really worked quickly here, was just a couple of days stuff was brought up on the forum, and within a week we see something happening, thats super! (Or maybe it had been worked on longer I dont know, anyhow I think changes are good!)

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 14 Mar 2010 10:32

Megarius wrote:This is and exclusive change that will only affect PvP, so I care less to be honest. Item spawning more often, thats a good change.

So is there are any hope that there will be some good changes that will help lover level players? Or Gen will be only promoting capped characters now? Or should we just leave and let myths slit each others throats?
Megarius, I'm really not sure where all this anger is coming from, but let me try and explain the reason for the change. Contrary to what you seem to be implying here (that block will only benefit myths and bigger characters), myths and other big characters don't need block to bully players. On various threads on this forum and others, people have asked for crowd control abilities to be granted to the general population so that they can be empowered to self-police the realms. In other words, dole out justice themselves. Do myths today need to be afraid of 5 apprentices who may be seeking revenge? No. But with this change, hopefully the tables will have turned a bit. And that is who this change will be benefiting (hopefully).

So yes, our hope is that these are some of the good changes that are coming which will help lower level players. I don't know if you've noticed, but most of my efforts since I've become a wizard has been to help make the game better for newer players and lower level players (quest orbs, newbie pin, who list, Academy of Elemental Arts, Followers of Caliana, etc), and I do believe that this is just the latest in a long list of changes which will help accomplish these goals.

I challenge you to join me (and other wizards) in the effort by helping us to understand your frustrations and how to address them. We are listening, and we just need you to engage with us rather than lashing out.

Petros

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/