Crafting Project

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Azarias
Beginner

Crafting Project

Post by Azarias » 03 Feb 2012 09:58

Heya,

Decided to post this up on here because the more minds at work the better ideas get and frankly I am interested in what other players would like to see or not see even.

As a new wizard one of my upcoming projects that I am going to be pushing for is the introduction of an entirely new craft guild system. That means new craft guilds, new system of how they work, upgrades for the old ones in place and hopefully the start of a player driven economy.

Few things I must ask of you because I know how these threads on the forums get. This is all purely for research purposes and ideas. I don't care what player A did to player B, or just how wrong it is for so and so to behave. Let's keep it positive and constructive, I want to know what you want. Finally no bashing others ideas, unless you come in here talking about how combat should be changed any idea to me regarding the topic is a good idea that will be taken into consideration.

I make no promises on anything! As I said I will definitely be pushing for this, so what I want from you all is any ideas of:

1. New things you would like to see or not see

2. Ideas you have seen that you think we may be able to use with our own twist to it

3. Things you would would like to keep that are already in game with existing craft guilds
Two!

Laurel

Re: Crafting Project

Post by Laurel » 03 Feb 2012 10:07

Crafting ... is that something that is close to alchemy? If we'd be talking about some alchemist type of guild, then I sent following suggestions to some wizards already:
alchemy ... a pretty big topic, but I would love to see it used in a vastly bigger array of situations than current potions

maybe X-guild could be the guild to utilize alchemy to mix weapon poisons (coating like Elemental Worshippers spells?)

for example when I know I will be out there alone, I will gladly coat my weapon with a enemy-combat-slowing poison but when I know I will be the team's archer - coat arrows (less poison per arrow = lower amount received upon hit compared to a poison-coated sword/polearm/etc.) with pure damage poison?

poisons could utilize current poisonous herbs out there - for example the most dangerous DamageOverTime poison could be made out of hemlock? the simple arrow-coating pure damage poison could be made out of poison ivy or any other simple poisonous herb? there's plenty herbs to be used, that are hardly of any use for now

maybe we could even go as far as to remove poisons from acquired weapons and store them in potions? of course such poison handling should sometimes backfire in the process and poison the X-guild-member who mixes the potions and coats the weapons/arrows

poisoning should not be available for non-X-guild-members tho

Azarias
Beginner

Post by Azarias » 03 Feb 2012 10:16

Laurel wrote:Crafting ... is that something that is close to alchemy? If we'd be talking about some alchemist type of guild, then I sent following suggestions to some wizards already:
alchemy ... a pretty big topic, but I would love to see it used in a vastly bigger array of situations than current potions

maybe X-guild could be the guild to utilize alchemy to mix weapon poisons (coating like Elemental Worshippers spells?)

for example when I know I will be out there alone, I will gladly coat my weapon with a enemy-combat-slowing poison but when I know I will be the team's archer - coat arrows (less poison per arrow = lower amount received upon hit compared to a poison-coated sword/polearm/etc.) with pure damage poison?

poisons could utilize current poisonous herbs out there - for example the most dangerous DamageOverTime poison could be made out of hemlock? the simple arrow-coating pure damage poison could be made out of poison ivy or any other simple poisonous herb? there's plenty herbs to be used, that are hardly of any use for now

maybe we could even go as far as to remove poisons from acquired weapons and store them in potions? of course such poison handling should sometimes backfire in the process and poison the X-guild-member who mixes the potions and coats the weapons/arrows

poisoning should not be available for non-X-guild-members tho
That is exactly what I am referring to, guilds could be anything from Tailors to Alchemists or Enchanters. Ideas on certain things you would like to see within the smiths. What your views on how people should progress should be. Ideas along that line.
Two!

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 03 Feb 2012 21:11

Would be cool if smiths as they are now, could get some small addons, Like able to beeing able to costumize your own armours, make cool descriptions.

Let the smiths be able to forge with Mithril, If they melt down 2 mithril weapons they could forge something new. (perhaps only able for mythicial smiths) but keep the cost 2 to 1. for weapons and armours, Not fun having to destroy 10 mithril weapons/armours to make 1 crappo weapon/armour. make it worth while for a smith to spend time in the forges.. And lower the item limit on smiths.. Its beoynd crazy what takes to max an item.. i mean, if i have forged in rl, 10000 swords and still wasnt good, i would give it up ;) hehe.

perhaps a carpenters guild.. Able to Bridge sertan places, make bows and arrows from quality woods from rare and hidden forests. uber wooden shields wooden clubs.. Able to fix and repair all wooden armours/weapons.
Able to carve small tokiens of friendship, of hate, of speed, of strenght, of constitution, bit like imbues. but not at all so powerfull an effect, just a little something extra.. not much..

Runesmiths. Able to use runes and such to enchant weapons, and armours, again bit like imbues, but not nearly as strong, but also could use runes of friendship and so on.. donno really about it. but MORE RUNES !! :D

proberly more will come up in my crazy head, but thats it for now.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Enkil
Beginner

Post by Enkil » 06 Feb 2012 09:06

When it comes to the Crafting guild, I think they have great potential. I would like
to see them alterered so that they combine eachother, and depend on eachother.

I like it how it is on World of Warcraft with the profession. I think the craftsmans
guild should encourage trade (auction house) and you also be able to create things
very much useful, not the best but still good. But you have to work for it.

For example: Lets say there would be an Alchemist craftman guild. They can make
potions.

Then, for a smith to be able to make a massive sparkling claymore, they need the skin
of a unicorn, bars from 2 melted magical weapons as well as 2 healing potions. When forged
the smith stand emptied of all mana (requires mana to forge magical weapons) but he
has now forged a magical claymore that is above the other forged weapons, that also
has a chance to heal you.

I think sailors should become a club instead, and for craftsmans guilds there should be:

Gardeners (perhaps include alchemy)

Alchemy (if not included with Gardeners)
Can create decent potions, weak healing potions but have some potions that buffs you, stats increasing, calming, different resistance, buffs that last for 1-3 hours or so. Need to think a
way for alchemist to be depending on other craftsman guilds, perhaps required for some potions are dust from gems, created by a blacksmith at the forge.

Blacksmiths
Can create magical items, but has to gather materials for it. Forging a magical item is exhausting, leaving you without mana and requires full mana to be able to create another one. And to create a magical weapon you need to reach a certain level in forging ordinary items of that weapon/armour type. So you cannot create whatever weapon you want without practicing alot first. This opens up trade in the AH also.

Enchanters (works with imbuements. Can create nullstones and thus not paying for it. Perhaps also a chance to recieve twice the stones when transmogrifying. To create a nullstone a certain salve might be required, created by alchemists? A salve lasts for 10 nullstones or so.

Maybe possible with some more.

My thoughts.

Enkil

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 10 Apr 2012 08:27

Gardeners should really be relegated back to being a layman guild. The skills they offer are just too good for a craft guild. Or at least give some other herbalism options for guilds that truly use it (spellcasters).

Another thing I'd like to see would be jewellers and merchants. And improvements to mariners because right now they seem like a waste of craft slot compared to others...

To fix mariners you could make it so that only they and pirates get access to the sea. When everyone can just take/lend a boat and use it it gets a bit useless. Also, I know this isn't really feasible as craft guilds shouldn't have any combat aid, but perhaps they could get some bonuses when fighting on a deck of the ship or at least not get penalties, which would include setting up a global "rolling deck" penalty for fighting on board. It's not like this would break much balance as sea combat takes place in really miniscule part of the world.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 10 Apr 2012 16:47

I thought only mariners pirates and blood sea minos had access, at least thats how it was.

I have a few ideas.

1 allow more than one craft guild slot, more like three. The player can then decide if they are worth the tax.

2 remove combat exp from their guild exp calc, have craft exp which is earned by using the skillset.

3 change tricksters to a craft guild. They are fine in that slot as they sit imo.

4 change thieves to a craft guild.

5 reopen an altered version of shadow walkers as craft guild, remove their thief skills, increase their trap skills.

6 make some secret guild linked craft guilds. Replacing some clubs. Like anghoth, neidar rune friends etc.

Sent from my VM670 Using ForumTouch for Android

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 11 Apr 2012 02:51

Tarax, I don't think that thieves and tricksters should become a craft guild. They're fine as a layman as it stands. Especially that they can boost other guilds this way (AA in particular) and have some decent abilities (especially thieves).
They could be reworked a bit, but making them a craft guilds is a big nono in my eyes. If anything, I'd like to see an occ expansion for thieves.

Something about the smiths I stated in other threads:
- ability to create better items using mithril (with stats above standard)
- smith forged weapons should have cool attack descriptions, not the standard ones (small thing but would make many happy)
- ability to adorn weapons and armours with gems, engravings etc. (of course, adornment quality would depend on smith title)

Craft guilds in general:
- disconnect them from general/quest exp. You should only rise in ranks for actually crafting things (all those mythical blacksmiths who have never forged a single item are depressing)
- make craft guilds inter-dependent on each other, smiths would need leather provided by tanners for some things, tanners would require twine made by tailors etc. (pretty much how it is in various MMO titles)

Preferably, I'd like it introduced the way they did it in LotRO: You choose a profession, and each profession gives you access to 3 pre-set crafts. Some of the professions are self-sustainable (for those who don't like to trade/interact). Here's a list on how it works there and how I would see that in Gen:

Armourer: Prospector • Metalsmith • Tailor
Armsman: Prospector • Weaponsmith • Woodworker
Explorer: Forester • Prospector • Tailor
Historian: Farmer • Scholar • Weaponsmith
Tinker: Prospector • Cook • Jeweller
Woodsman: Farmer • Forester • Woodworker
Yeoman: Farmer • Cook • Tailor

I'd change Explorer to be mariner instead of tailor in Gen (so he has access to more places). It would basically be a profession that can only gather resources (herbs, minerals, whatever's found at the sea) and make some basic stuff out of them.

Proposed skillsets:

Prospector - appraise object, appraise value, climb, mining, smelting (to make metal bars)
Forester - tracking, hunting, location sense, woodcutting, skinning
Scholar - language, alchemy, herbalism
Mariner - as is

This are the "gathering" crafts, others are the "making" crafts and do not give any "regular skills", just their craft related ones and let you make stuff out of different things. As you can see, almost every profession comes with at least one "gathering" craft (bar Yeoman, who'd need to purchase things) and one "making" craft (bar Explorer who could only sell things).

If Gen were to adopt a similar doctrine I think it could work nicely. And there wouldn't be any changes required to Mariners and such as they fit perfectly into the "gathering" craft type.

And if anyone says that we shouldn't be taking ideas that already exist somewhere else I call bullshit. There's no need to re-invent the wheel, when there's a nice system working elsewhere I think we should grab it.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 11 Apr 2012 11:33

They give you autosneak no? The only thing AA lacks.
Not that people ever used them for anything else than sneaking around...

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 11 Apr 2012 11:57

Rhaegar wrote: Not that people ever used them for anything else than sneaking around...
Oh yeh... right.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/