Evil guilds, more or less folded?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Evil guilds, more or less folded?

Post by Kas » 12 Feb 2012 21:37

Greetings.

I barely see any (if at all) activity from dragonarmies and Army of Angmar (particulary occ aa's), so my question is, why are
their level of activity more or less dead?

And any suggestion how to resurrect them from oblivion, or to replace them?

While my guild(MM) is still quite active, I feel we in the east is close to a last-stand mode. If the dragonarmies and AA are dead, then
perhaps it's time to dust off some of the other shelved guilds and see if people are interested to play in those. Dump a poll and see if former
members of the Genesis community is interested to come back into those guilds?

On the top of my head, I would welcome two guilds back to the game if they can be populated, namely:

Khiraa
Vampires

Thoughs and reflections?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Amberlee
Myth

Re: Evil guilds, more or less folded?

Post by Amberlee » 12 Feb 2012 21:42

First... Vampires were never an evil guild.
They were neutral.
Thus i feel they should be excluded from this thread.

As for Khiraa..
HELL to the YES bring them back!
Cool theme, cool guild.. And on a personal note, i still lack Khiraa frags ;p

And yeah the DA's are in limbo.. Its a pity cause not having them there sort of ruins a bit for the knights and the war theme in Krynn.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 12 Feb 2012 21:50

"neutral" - fixed. xD

Actually, vampirism added an additional flavour to the game, and could be recoded to function properly with the rest of the game.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 12 Feb 2012 21:51

Yeah that i agree with.. Added a flavour.
Was one of the iconic guilds in genesis..
Like MM, AA, Rangers and knights.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Gadez
Beginner

Post by Gadez » 13 Feb 2012 00:40

Bring back the vamps!

G.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Feb 2012 01:16

Uh. Most guilds are empty. Its basically just rangers and MM that has any real activity at this moment? The other goodie guilds arent in a better shape. Opening or re-opening other guilds will most likely just shuffle players around. Some year ago BDA was the most active guild, rangers were dead. Awhile back Calians had alot of members and DAs were dead. We've gone through this cycle a long time... same players, different guilds.

The only thing that can bring activity to more guilds at the same time is more players. So if you want to have more guilds, new guilds, old guilds, I say help out in bringing our player numbers up a bit first.

"But opening Khiraa would bring back alot of players?"

I personally think if we all got together and helped promoting the game it would do a lot more good than reviving an old guild. And with more people, some old ones will probably start playing too. I find it much more likely they would start playing again if the see more players, than seeing 10 players and a reopened guild. Just as the reopening of AA, it will at best be a small short time boost, and then quickly drop down to the base level again. Also with more players, wizards will be more motivated to code new things, and possibly open new guilds, or old ones. But not before they can be filled.

I think thats the way to go. Players bring life, activity, motivation and change. Reopening an old guild I fear will just lead to yet another empty guild to fill.

Feel free to prove me wrong though. If a whole bunch of old players says they really want to start playing again with a Khiraa guild. Fine. Close some other guild an open them then. I however think if you dont have the time or will to play now, another guild is unlikely to change that.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 13 Feb 2012 09:02

The game saw a huge (relatively to the tiny population) influx of players when the AA reopened. Perhaps this effect could be duplicated by reopening the Vamps or the Khiraa.
Of course if nothing is done to harness the influx, it will trickle away once again. But at least the game have a chance to try and hold on to the returnees...And at the moment, what is left to risk by trying?

Personally I don't think the game is going to do any better, until a promotional campaign is started, and a campaign of a reasonable size at that.
For that to happen I think Gorboth needs to not be the bottleneck and actively engage in some "crowdsourceing" with what little community is left.

So reopen both guilds, and close none, at the same time as the promotional campaign has started.
A concerted effort is needed to get the biggest effect possible, I think.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 13 Feb 2012 09:49

Open the WoHS, Bloodguards, Ancients and the Wolfriders of Kalad aswell.. heck open all guilds that was ever closed!

If the closed guild are openend, we will see a growth in players for a brief time and then those guilds will dry out to be one or two members active, if any. The guilds you mention, that should be re-openend, was closed for a good reason so for them to open I suspect they would need a recode before anything ? and I doubt that is going to happen "before christmas" Cherek on the other hand has a valid point with all, me you and your sister, should participate in the promotional campaign to bring more players to Genesis - and not feed the needs of those who are already bored of the guilds they are in, need a new guild to guildjump to or who left because their old guild was closed because of *beep* in the first place.

- Me.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 13 Feb 2012 09:52

I suggest you all bring one thing to the discussion: differentiate between "players" and "characters".

It's the same players playing this game with their various characters ... some do it across almost all guilds.

Some play it "1 alt for each guild" and others "1 char for all guilds - aka guild hopping".

Guild hopping has been shut off by players themselves (in the way they enforced guild-policies) - something else had to surface. Massive alt creation has been introduced, when people got more and more bored, leading to some seriously idiotic behaviour in some cases (not topic here tho).

I'd say I saw not more than 3-5 REALLY new players (cherish this thing ...) in the last months (many months). The rest is undercover or plain alts (not even seconds anymore). Open your eyes - stop seeing illusions.

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 13 Feb 2012 12:09

Do NOT bring back the vamps.
They don't belong in the worlds of Genesis in my eyes. They don't fit in.

If you still thinking of doing it.. Then bring back the mystics as well.

Well I could return to Genesis, but I wont do it as long as players are
allowed to break the rules 4 times, within 2-3 days without even getting
punished. The player got away with herassment, revealing seconds,
revealing RL identity, and then after an Arch spoke to him he revealed
seconds again 2 days later to another player. And he got away with
a hand slap. NO! I don't wanna be a part of such a game where players
can behave however they want to.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/