Evil guilds, more or less folded?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Althyrian
Apprentice

Re: Evil guilds, more or less folded?

Post by Althyrian » 14 Feb 2012 05:25

Cherek wrote:...Then you will also see that I mentioned the problem is that the entire playerbase will suddenly grow. And the biggest myths will probably grow the most since they usually have the most quests solved already. It might be a side effect that is worth it though? I dont know.

If this is a problem in any way for any reason, the solution is to cap the size characters can grow. This should have been ten years ago.

Althyrian/Greywolf

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 14 Feb 2012 10:10

Althyrian wrote:the solution is to cap the size characters can grow. This should have been ten years ago.

Althyrian/Greywolf
it's in place since I can remember - it's just "soft", but the effect of this "soft" cap is hard to understand for people who haven't come even remotely close to it

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 14 Feb 2012 10:27

Example: Battlehardened, rank 1-10. 1% accumulative damage mitigation vs melee damage, totalling at 10% at max questxp.

Rejuvenation, 1-10, 1% more manarecovery.

Awareness focus(skill), 1-10, 1 skillpoint more in awareness.

Weapon mastery, deal 1% more damage with a weapon of choice per rank.

You get the general idea.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Althyrian
Apprentice

Post by Althyrian » 14 Feb 2012 11:38

Laurel wrote:
Althyrian wrote:the solution is to cap the size characters can grow. This should have been ten years ago.

Althyrian/Greywolf
it's in place since I can remember - it's just "soft", but the effect of this "soft" cap is hard to understand for people who haven't come even remotely close to it
It has been hard for me to understand for 10 years but not for the reasons you suggest.

Here is a recipe for an awesome game: Take Genesis and do the following -

1) Cap size at Titan
2) Get rid of brute
3) Make quests really important for something other then growth (some form of end game content maybe)
4) Slash the amount of EXP for killing things by 75% (perhaps more)

Althyrian/Greywolf

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Feb 2012 12:36

Maybe make the cap like champ or legend instead of titan.
Also.. Remove the ridiculous racial bonus differences..
Rather give the races something else then stat bonuses and penalties.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 14 Feb 2012 13:00

capping to low will make people stop playing period..

Cap it at Supreme uber myth.

remove forced questing.

Make 1 brute.

Make start level in game Veteran.

Make able to keep personal weapon/armours.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 14 Feb 2012 13:19

Althyrian wrote:
Laurel wrote:

Althyrian/Greywolf
It has been hard for me to understand for 10 years but not for the reasons you suggest.

Here is a recipe for an awesome game: Take Genesis and do the following -

1) Cap size at Titan
2) Get rid of brute
3) Make quests really important for something other then growth (some form of end game content maybe)
4) Slash the amount of EXP for killing things by 75% (perhaps more)

Althyrian/Greywolf
EPIC FAIL!!!!!!

That will never happen. I am not sure what ya aiming at here. To get players to stay and to get more. You need to please all type of categories of players.
Grinders
Powerplayers
Achievers
Roleplayers
Casuals..
etc etc

By doing this you will KILL Genesis in a week. Look who is still playing genesis.
You think the others will come back when the grinders and powerplayers are gone?, that are the player core that still genesis has, with a few so to say RPers that grinds more then ever, if we implemented your suggestions. I can give you a hint... NO!!!!!
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 14 Feb 2012 14:07

Uther wrote:EPIC FAIL!!!!!!

That will never happen.
Look who is still playing genesis.
I agree.
Most of what is left is powerplayers/grinders.
I think the game has the crowd that it caters to, and that is true for Genesis as well.

I would argue, though, that grinding is not attractive enough to warrant an influx of new players, especially not if most grinders are off scripting or soloing.
Interaction the main factor of what keeps people entertain and keeps players coming back for more, or at least that is what I believe.

Of course all this has been discussed over and over before, and most of us are just repeating ourselves, myself included.
...And to just prove that fact, I'll repeat what I've said several times over in the past:
Listening to the current community will not bring about the needed changes to revitalize the game - So many have vested interests in the status quo, and are too deeply dug down in the trenches.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 14 Feb 2012 15:51

Makfly wrote:Listening to the current community will not bring about the needed changes to revitalize the game - So many have vested interests in the status quo, and are too deeply dug down in the trenches.
including decision-maker-force

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Feb 2012 16:12

Kas wrote:Example: Battlehardened, rank 1-10. 1% accumulative damage mitigation vs melee damage, totalling at 10% at max questxp.

Rejuvenation, 1-10, 1% more manarecovery.

Awareness focus(skill), 1-10, 1 skillpoint more in awareness.

Weapon mastery, deal 1% more damage with a weapon of choice per rank.

You get the general idea.
I really like this idea. Have you considered writing it down it full detail and send to Gorboth?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/