Align restrictions

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chanele
Champion

Align restrictions

Post by Chanele » 14 Mar 2010 12:04

Why do we have align restrictions on items?
It seems like coding wizards favors players with good alignment.
I can think of 5-6 swords that are non dulling and very good. 3 of theese are for goodalign players only...
Wizards, explain to me the logic in this.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Align restrictions

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Mar 2010 14:51

Good luck...

It has been that way for years. Only slightly better now than years ago.
Back then when first moved to long uptimes it was scandalous.
Particularly for the non dulling uber ones.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 14 Mar 2010 16:33

Or the logic in changing the red-runed greaves to all alignments but not changing any other items.

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 14 Mar 2010 18:09

Its beating a dead horse.

Wizards will not change it.

I think some items should be for certain alignment only, it makes sense.

But just like Ilrahil mentioned, its pretty freaking lame how the changed red-runed greaves after Neidars whined about it,
but changing Azure longsword so evils can use it they wont do.

I think align restrictions is good for the game, but it needs to be balanced, right now evils have 2-3 weapons, goodies have 10+

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 14 Mar 2010 18:13

Why wont they change it?
Its clearly a problem, its unbalanced so why shouldnt they?

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 14 Mar 2010 18:18

Chanele wrote:Why wont they change it?
Its clearly a problem, its unbalanced so why shouldnt they?

Cause you and me complaining isnt worth as much when Rhynox or some other goodie complains ? ;)

Hell I don't know, but for some reason evil people asking wizards to change things doesnt get it done,
perhaps its cause alot of wizards are former goodies and friends with the goodie players?

Just speculating, but the topic has been brought up by so many evil players over the years, and wizards
just keep ignoring it, so don't hold your breath anything will change.

I say changed red-runed greaves back to evils only, there's no reason why it should be for everyone, unless
Krynn domain is willing to change say, the azure etched longsword so everyone can wield it.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 14 Mar 2010 18:35

In my defense I never complained about the greaves . And we could wear them anyways, we can drop below neutral after all.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 14 Mar 2010 18:38

I dont believe in such corruption in todays Genesis maybe in the past but not now.
If you try balance guilds and dont bring available items into the calculations you fail.
I'm really curious on hearing from a wizards about this matter.

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 14 Mar 2010 18:59

Chanele wrote:I dont believe in such corruption in todays Genesis maybe in the past but not now.
If you try balance guilds and dont bring available items into the calculations you fail.

I don't think its corruption really, just that it seems wizards tend to listen more to old friends/allies
than old enemies. But thats just assumptions of course.

But seems like the Goodie-Wiz relations are much much better than Evil-Wiz relations.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 14 Mar 2010 19:16

Lindros wrote:
Chanele wrote:I dont believe in such corruption in todays Genesis maybe in the past but not now.

I don't think its corruption really, just that it seems wizards tend to listen more to old friends/allies
than old enemies. But thats just assumptions of course.

But seems like the Goodie-Wiz relations are much much better than Evil-Wiz relations.
Eh, those accusations right there, _are_ accusations of bias/corruption.
If the wizards of this game cater to their friends, that is corruption.
These days the few wizards that are left, are doing a pretty good job trying to get this train back on track, and I haven't seen any active signs of unfounded bias. Granted I am by far the most active player, but maybe there are old remnants of "Shinto-ism", maybe there isn't but mortals are just uninformed, still don't contribute it to the current Admin by default.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/