Bring back boot runs

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zar
Hero

Bring back boot runs

Post by Zar » 27 Mar 2012 11:42

I consider boot runs great event every boot.
It inspires guild members collaboration and competition between guilds.

That was on of the most things in Genesis long ago.

I know what You will tell. That will cause items will be hoarded in guild halls of one active guild.

I think that there are a lot of solutions of this problem.

Draugor
Myth

Re: Bring back boot runs

Post by Draugor » 27 Mar 2012 11:51

Tbh upgrade the NPCs carrying stuff, make them magic resistant making spells miss alot more, make them nastier so that if you dont have a tank you've got one hell of a time in front of you, encourage player cooperation. As it is now if yer just gigantic you'll be able to kick anythings teeth in, players are almost all the time gigantic now and the NPCs should cater to giving them hell.
And ofc a morgul can solo anything and hell just yesterday I got the always popular "leave or die" crap when I was in the room first and I initiated the combat with an NPC. Still, why not force people to cooperate? I seriously doubt people ran around beating the living snot out of dragons without getting scratched on a regular basis in any of the lore the game is build upon.

The only time people actually bother to get a tank nowadays is for long grind trains, most of the gear they can solo with some very select exceptions. I know the playerbase is alittle scarse as it is, but I think thats cause there is no challenge and people refuse to play unless they have the most epic shit in the realms, the gear inflation busted alot of stuff up imo.
Anyone remember the days when a Gladiator was rather happy having 2 huges? Today huge waraxes are shunned people claim there are only three axes in the game etc. Same for swords, but swords have ALOT more, and ALOT nastier swords. Polearms aswell, havent seen the GWT beeing used in ages.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 27 Mar 2012 12:39

Making the change to EQ spawning seriously put me off from playing Genesis, and I am sure i wasn't the only one.

One of many changes in the wrong direction, which admins decided to do because THEY thought it was great. Typical.

Of course I may be wrong ;)

But as Zar said, the eq runs were part of Genesis and as much as we hated them we also enjoyed them as they used to give plenty of satisfaction. IMHO.
There were better ways to fix the issue and they were mentioned many times in this forum.

Maybe one day you will start listening to your community, because it is small and without it all that will be left is good memories from the past.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 27 Mar 2012 13:55

For some reason, some areas have been changed to new eq spawn model, while other were left untouched ... stupidly enough.

Blizz - you know wizards know best - you've been one :roll:

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 27 Mar 2012 14:36

This change pretty much only happened because of player request.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 27 Mar 2012 16:56

Bring back eq runs and more frequent reboots.
People asked for this change as the reboot occured every week. Bring back a 36 hour reboot cycle and the old spawn-table for items.

Tharandil
Adventurer

Post by Tharandil » 27 Mar 2012 17:42

Hah I like the long reboots 8-)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 31 Mar 2012 14:30

And how about making more of the "regular" items not suck so much instead? Blademaster swords, some other weapons and armours that are more common and could be easily obtained within moments. This would serve a double-purpose:
1. Allow smaller people/people in dead guilds to get some decent EQ for themselves reasonably easily.
2. Speed up "the big hunt" by giving you means to fight stronger enemies faster.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Ilrahil
Beginner

Post by Ilrahil » 31 Mar 2012 21:39

Rhaegar wrote:And how about making more of the "regular" items not suck so much instead? Blademaster swords, some other weapons and armours that are more common and could be easily obtained within moments. This would serve a double-purpose:
1. Allow smaller people/people in dead guilds to get some decent EQ for themselves reasonably easily.
2. Speed up "the big hunt" by giving you means to fight stronger enemies faster.
There are PLENTY of regular items that protect very nicely that are easy to get and NPC's ALWAYS have them. Off the top of my head I can think of a multiple cloaks, multiple pairs of greaves/bracers, one body armour, multiple helmets, multiple shields. Weapons perhaps a bit harder. But all those items can be obtained by someone between expert and rising hero.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 01 Apr 2012 08:53

Rhaegar wrote:And how about making more of the "regular" items not suck so much instead? Blademaster swords, some other weapons and armours that are more common and could be easily obtained within moments. This would serve a double-purpose:
Hi

The purpose of bootrun is not getting powerful artifacts.
But bring competition between guilds to get these artifacts.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/