Alignment

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Jhael
Adept

Re: Alignment

Post by Jhael » 30 May 2012 18:31

NECRO THREAD!

Alignment is gained (or lost) by landing the killing blow on an enemy, right?

It seems like it would make sense for alignment to change based on what your team is killing. For example, if I'm holy but am in a team that is demolishing Kalaman ... just because my weapon didn't KILL anything, doesn't really mean I'm fault-free.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 30 May 2012 21:17

Jhael wrote:NECRO THREAD!

It seems like it would make sense for alignment to change based on what your team is killing. For example, if I'm holy but am in a team that is demolishing Kalaman ... just because my weapon didn't KILL anything, doesn't really mean I'm fault-free.

Tbh just attacking good aligned NPCs should fuck your rep up, 10% drop from what the NPC would yield in regular instances and then it gets worse ad you keep fighting

Jhael
Adept

Post by Jhael » 31 May 2012 15:30

Draugor wrote:
Jhael wrote:NECRO THREAD!

Tbh just attacking good aligned NPCs should fuck your rep up, 10% drop from what the NPC would yield in regular instances and then it gets worse ad you keep fighting
This is basically what I was trying to get at. If I get Calof to DD and then leave so Draugor can get the last hit ... I should probably lose some good align.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 31 May 2012 16:09

Trying to make sense of the alignment system is futile.

It's an (irrational) artefact from old AD&D days, and it has its charm, even if it makes little real world sense.
At least I think it is easier to come to terms with, when I accept that it makes no sense, and doesn't have to.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/