Brute Cap

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ragni
Wanderer

Brute Cap

Post by Ragni » 08 Jun 2012 09:24

Forgive my ignorance can someone explain the Brute Cap to me.
From reading some of the older posts it seems there is a point at which
gaining extra quest exp no longer lowers your brutality.
Is this correct and if so how do you know when you've reached that level ?

Ragni

Creed

Re: Brute Cap

Post by Creed » 08 Jun 2012 15:32

Quest XP always lowers your brutality.
Question is if you gain enough for it to show when you type "stats".

Usually, when you get to the higher levels, all that happens is that it prolonges the time it will take you to reach the next brute level. But qxp is always a good thing, and it keeps lowering your brute, no matter how little an amount you get.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 08 Jun 2012 16:45

It only really affects some really old players who played when quests gave more experience.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 08 Jun 2012 18:07

Actually there was a period of time where seconding was very popular..
When the arches for some reason lost to sanity actually turned up the quest EXP multiplier on quests for a time.

So no, not really old characters, but some more recent ones too.
The really old characters have quest EXP from older quests that others do not though.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 08 Jun 2012 18:13

amberlee wrote:Actually there was a period of time where seconding was very popular..
When the arches for some reason lost to sanity actually turned up the quest EXP multiplier on quests for a time.

So no, not really old characters, but some more recent ones too.
The really old characters have quest EXP from older quests that others do not though.
Depends on your definition of recent i guess. :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 08 Jun 2012 20:10

Recent in genesis terms is up to 10 years ;D
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Jun 2012 23:13

Ragni wrote:Forgive my ignorance can someone explain the Brute Cap to me.
From reading some of the older posts it seems there is a point at which
gaining extra quest exp no longer lowers your brutality.
Is this correct and if so how do you know when you've reached that level ?

Ragni
To explain it further,

There is a cap on quest experience, and when you reach it it no longer lowers your brutality. You will know when you reach it as you will see a message when you type "stats" that states you have reached maximal quest XP or something like that. So you'll know when you reach it, until then you will know it will always lower your brutality. Like Cot said it affects very few players and most players will probably never see this message, not even by finishing all quests in the orbs you will reach the cap. From what I remember from Gorboth's explanation the cap is slightly above the XP from all available quests in the game. So in theory you could possibly reach it by gaining QXP from events, wednesday market and other special XP rewards. I dont think anyone have though, and maybe the cap will be raised if someone does? It's not there to prevent "normal" players from questing.

To clarify some more, the cap was made so that a few characters who had acquired more quest XP than now is available in the game should not have an edge against other players. These included a very small amount of players who either had quest XP from VERY old quests that have been closed a long time, and/or characters who were made during a short period quite long ago where quests gave more XP than usual. How or why this happened I dont know, but I do know very few of these characters remain in the game today, but they have reached the cap.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/