A city for Mithas

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

A city for Mithas would be soooo cool!

Oh yes
68%
Hell no
18%
Who cares
14%

Total votes: 28

Bendis
Beginner

A city for Mithas

Post by Bendis » 11 Aug 2012 16:00

Arcon suggested Mithas needs a city. I think this is a quite feasible project.

What fun features would you like to see here?

Laurel

Re: A city for Mithas

Post by Laurel » 11 Aug 2012 16:20

rising hero to titan sized neutral grinding ground? :lol:
how about finishing and implementing the archers occ instead? I mean those with an elemental arrow ...

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 11 Aug 2012 17:18

I do not think that lack of cities anywhere is the problem. Why make more of the same? Who really cares about one more place to grind?
One more answer to the pool: another wasted effort.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 11 Aug 2012 17:52

I mentioned the city in Mithas because there are city gates that don't open and I get annoyed when I find half-done places.

A city there could be interesting if we forgot about traditional grinding area. Have some hidden and dangerous secrets, maybe some NPCs with nice items that calls for a lot of aid from patrolling guards. Also some quests. I like the idea of the same quest give by different people depending on who you wish to help, and each has a different "quest-tree". Example three different nobles want the same document, either safe or destroyed or hidden for future blackmail. Depending of which one you help the second, third etc quest would be different, and the other nobles will refuse to give you a quest if you have helped one of the others. And this would make some of the guards and minor nobles like/hate/indiferent with you. And you would only be able to attack/grind the enemy nobles troops. And they would attack you etc etc.

Your choice in the first quest would have impact on the whole island or city for you. And it would give you a chance to play a bit of politics. Maybe add some treason options to the quests.

Just some ideas.

Bendis
Beginner

Post by Bendis » 11 Aug 2012 18:06

Syrk,

What is the problem in your opinion? We surely do not want to extract the "wrong tooth". :)

I fully agree agree with you about "wasted efforts". This is the main reason I didn't jump into anyhting yet.

What would be an worthwhile effort?

/Bendis

Bendis
Beginner

Post by Bendis » 11 Aug 2012 18:15

Arcon,

So we have three factions in the city, each with a head noble who gives the quest. Depending on who you decide to help, the associated npcs would be hostile, indiferrent or helpful. Should the three factions have separate areas or should they be "mingled"?

How do we indicate the apartenece to a faction: armors, pins or just leave it as a surprise?

Could you elaborate a bit on "either safe or destroyed or hidden for future blackmail"?

What standard elements would we need in the city:

Inn
Pub
Herbalist
Blacksmith
Armorer
Etc...

Wikipedia says minotaurs would be famos for tactical brilliance, military strength and superb seamanship. Is it something we would want to bring to the new city? What would be the best way to do it in a fun way?

/Bendis

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 11 Aug 2012 20:34

bendis wrote:
Wikipedia says minotaurs would be famos for tactical brilliance, military strength and superb seamanship. Is it something we would want to bring to the new city? What would be the best way to do it in a fun way?

/Bendis
Create a layman guild, where minotaurs teach you battle tactics skill. Then you would get an ability working the same as old mercenaries' retreat/advance etc., but it would be usable on any team member.

But of course I don't really care :)

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 11 Aug 2012 20:56

The nobles was just an example, it could be just about anything, a warlord, clergy and leader of some thugs or anything. The idea is that there are several ways to finish a quest and depending on that you get one or another quest and it has a lasting effect in the city/area.
I am not sure how the minotaur society works nor how their cities are. But they seem to devided in clans and they have alliances and war between eachother.. There is a mino layman guild. You should be able to get some history from the guild NPC.

If you need any help with ideas you can send me a message.

But please, no more guilds. We don't need more guilds right now and Krynn has more then any other domain, 12 guilds with trainable skills I think. And remember that Gorboth wants to work on followers of Chemosh.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Aug 2012 23:30

I am in the "we really dont need more content"-club. If it adds something unique to the gameplay than I am all for it. Another area that is, at least technically, similar to all the other areas I am not so fond of, so a Mithas city should imho contain something major that we havent seen before. And I dont just mean another type of tattoo artist... :)

Personally I'd love to see a "grinding made fun and interactive" place though. Be it minotaurs or whatever theme doesnt really matter. For me one of the biggest problem is that grinding / growing is so utterly boring and non-interactive... thats the main reason people script imho, its simply too boring otherwise.

Instead of Hijacking this thread I wrote my suggestion in the thread where you originally asked for ideas. Here it is:

http://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewto ... 6&start=30

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 12 Aug 2012 12:27

I sort of agree with Arcon.
No more OCC guilds.
Lay guilds though.. Go for it, the more the merrier
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/