Mithas - Nethosak - Entry Quest

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bendis
Beginner

Mithas - Nethosak - Entry Quest

Post by Bendis » 23 Sep 2012 23:10

I would like to discuss with you some ideas about Nethosak - the city for Mithas. Your thoughts and suggestions would be very appreciated.

1. Only the minotaurs could enter/exit the city at will
2. Here are some ideas ideas on how to enter the city otherwise:
1. A goodie quest, retrieve ring, throw in the boulder of fate, get shimmering stone; the stone would allow to temporarily change the description and fool the guards
2. A evil quest, retrieve ring, spread special potion, wear circlet, enter city, give ring to crone, get money and exp
3. Entry for anyone who doesn't have a shimmering stone: spread special potion, wear circlet

Questions to poder:
1. How would this quest work for minotaurs? probably give ring to crone, get money and exp but unchanged alignment
2. Any other suggestions for an entry quest are welcome :)
3. What would you think about the ability to rent houses in Nethosak? (probably with a limited ability of "hoarding" :) and some customization abilities, e.g. add furniture, paint walls etc...)
4. The Arena - I am not much of an arena fighter, so any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thank you,
/Bendis

PS Here is a short story about the entrance quests in Nethosak :)
http://www.Writing.Com/main/view_item/i ... ll-Flowers

Kas
Legend

Re: Mithas - Nethosak - Entry Quest

Post by Kas » 24 Sep 2012 17:09

May I suggest an autonomous arena that triggers various arena events at set times per week? The old Cirath-arena is sort of outdated and a new "modern" one would be welcome.

By participating in the arena, either player vs player, or player vs event ( random bosses, random loot), the player builds up "arena-cred". More participations means more points, which equals more unlocks in, perhaps titles, gear you can buy etc that qualify as carrots, means/rewards for people to actually bother doing the events.

Look at the modern mmo's and their battlegrounds, and I'm sure you get the idea. :)

Give the players REASONS to participate in the events, and they will definitely show up, so no carrots, no success.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 24 Sep 2012 20:43

Arena challenge could be quite fun :)

Somehow I see Palanthas as a more fitting place for renting houses.

Personally I know nothing about minotaur lore in Krynn. Perhaps it would be a good idea to browse through some Dragonlance books for inspiration?

The entrance quest sounds great! :)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Sep 2012 03:37

I really love the idea of some form of battleground area for players. If there is some Minotaur area that creates a nice roleplay backdrop, so much the better. Go Bendis, go! :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/