Dunadain houses

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Dunadain houses

Post by Draugor » 31 Oct 2012 20:41

Rhaegar wrote:As far as I know, nothing in Genesis is case-sensitive.

Oh, ALOT of things in Genesis is case sensitive :P

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 31 Oct 2012 20:47

Really? I can't remember any specifics where you'd have to type upper case letters...
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 02 Nov 2012 01:19

scabbard is ... not sure if it is today .. if you type the name with small letters all the way you die

call name = die
call Name = success
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 02 Nov 2012 02:13

Uther wrote:scabbard is ... not sure if it is today .. if you type the name with small letters all the way you die

call name = die
call Name = success

Dephonian temple quest are aswell, its an extremelly retarded thing to die or fail because of. Sucks we dont have the wizards to fix those pieces of code.
The worst part isnt that it needs capital letters, its that some quests DONT need capital letters :P

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 02 Nov 2012 21:34

Draugor wrote:
Uther wrote:scabbard is ... not sure if it is today .. if you type the name with small letters all the way you die

call name = die
call Name = success

Dephonian temple quest are aswell, its an extremelly retarded thing to die or fail because of. Sucks we dont have the wizards to fix those pieces of code.
The worst part isnt that it needs capital letters, its that some quests DONT need capital letters :P
File a bug report in the location where the bad quest asks for case-sensitive answers, and I will fix it.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 03 Nov 2012 00:58

gorboth wrote:
Draugor wrote:

call name = die
call Name = success

File a bug report in the location where the bad quest asks for case-sensitive answers, and I will fix it.

G.
I don't think the 'Standard of Angmar' quest is case sensitive. I've just done it recently and gave both answers completely in lower case and was successful.

Ragni

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 05 Nov 2012 09:09

To be completely honest, the only thing I see wrong with Dunedain houses this days is their way of joining. It's a racial guild that's harder to get into than some of the elite OCC guilds because it requires you to be in the same room with the lord or lady of specific house. With our current population (and activity of some of the lords and ladies of Dunedain houses) it can be pretty frustrating. Even Travellers have been adjusted for this reason and an NPC included who can give you access.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 05 Nov 2012 11:02

Rhaegar wrote:To be completely honest, the only thing I see wrong with Dunedain houses this days is their way of joining. It's a racial guild that's harder to get into than some of the elite OCC guilds because it requires you to be in the same room with the lord or lady of specific house. With our current population (and activity of some of the lords and ladies of Dunedain houses) it can be pretty frustrating. Even Travellers have been adjusted for this reason and an NPC included who can give you access.

I agree with you there, racials with applications and shit is silly, imo Laymans with applications is silly aswell

The problem was that an "Ä" in the name of the king that I was supposed to reply was not allowed, should have a message saying no special characters, I just wrote that it since its in the name :P

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 05 Nov 2012 11:38

Really? You thought that the game would require you to type non-english characters?

I've been having a different problem with that as I would see people as Nazg}l or Nazg?l all the time. Thought it was normal until I changed character encoding in my terminal and client to ISO-88591 (en-US) instead of UTF-8 (unicode), which is quite surprising. Let's take a quick look at Wikipedia:
UTF-8 has become the dominant character encoding for the World-Wide Web, accounting for more than half of all Web pages. The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) requires all Internet protocols to identify the encoding used for character data, and the supported character encodings must include UTF-8. The Internet Mail Consortium (IMC) recommends that all e-mail programs be able to display and create mail using UTF-8. UTF-8 is also increasingly being used as the default character encoding in operating systems, programming languages, APIs, and software applications.
I always thought that Genesis was done in UTF-8 by default, so that people would get consistent returns regardless of their OS or client locale and character encoding settings.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 05 Nov 2012 14:37

Rhaegar wrote:Really? You thought that the game would require you to type non-english characters?

I've been having a different problem with that as I would see people as Nazg}l or Nazg?l all the time. Thought it was normal until I changed character encoding in my terminal and client to ISO-88591 (en-US) instead of UTF-8 (unicode), which is quite surprising. Let's take a quick look at Wikipedia:
UTF-8 has become the dominant character encoding for the World-Wide Web, accounting for more than half of all Web pages. The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) requires all Internet protocols to identify the encoding used for character data, and the supported character encodings must include UTF-8. The Internet Mail Consortium (IMC) recommends that all e-mail programs be able to display and create mail using UTF-8. UTF-8 is also increasingly being used as the default character encoding in operating systems, programming languages, APIs, and software applications.
I always thought that Genesis was done in UTF-8 by default, so that people would get consistent returns regardless of their OS or client locale and character encoding settings.
Genesis is actually older than the UTF-8 standard. Running UTF-8 reliably over telnet is also rather complicated..
It's one of those things that i'd like to see happen but which probably never will. So we're stuck with the current mode of mostly 7-bit ASCII with some ISO-8859-1 thrown in..

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/