opt out

Contains all the suggestions that are posted in the game. Can't make new suggestions here, use the Suggestion Box forum for that!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Postmaster
Wizard

opt out

Post by Postmaster » 15 Mar 2010 11:19

Originally posted by Budwise

Seems one has to go to forums to learn whats going on these days
but I'm too lazy to register.

I don't know if block will be a good thing but I imagine
it will just encourage player fighting. Personally I'm too old
to run around all day chasing people or having my day
spoiled by players whose raison d'etre is hunting others
and spoiling their playing.

So how about an option to opt out of player fighting?

Something that you set for a longer period. 3 months or more.
Something that one can't set for the same period or more
right after killing another player. This to avoid
someone killing a heap and then going on opt out
and thumbing his/her/its nose at everyone.
Also stealing should not be an option while on opt out
for the same reasons.

Cheers
B

Lindros

Re: opt out

Post by Lindros » 16 Mar 2010 20:01

Seems to me an opt out option could be nice for some people,
but I think it would lead to terrible abuse.

People stealing loot/kills/and with new block who knows you could prolly
block someone to death without any fear of retaliation.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 16 Mar 2010 20:52

Lindros wrote:Seems to me an opt out option could be nice for some people,
but I think it would lead to terrible abuse.

People stealing loot/kills/and with new block who knows you could prolly
block someone to death without any fear of retaliation.
We could determine certain actions to become "hostile". Trying to steal, block, attack, cast offensive spells, etc could make that flag disappear immediately. For certain offenses (like stealing kills, looting, etc) they could be reported to AoP. I would think this thing would not be abused, since doing so would remove your ability to opt out at all.

Remember that Budwise won't see your reply, though ;)

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 17 Mar 2010 01:50

Yeah I know he cant see it, but I can still say its a bad idea ;)

I for one cannot see that its such a big problem, how many people are really attacked unprovoked these days?
How many of those result in a kill? 1 in a 100 perhaps?

Not to mention an opt out option would be like playing Genesis Light, where death is less of a risk, its not a good solution if you ask me.
Player attacks are part of the game, it adds spice to the game and you keep on your toes.
But I'll play along, if its introduced, and someone steals my loot/kill, will wizards then make sure I get it anyhow?
Or am I just to say "Oh well, I'll get the next one" and be happy about it? Not to mention it would create extra
work for the wizards, having to police and investigate reports of abuse. How can I prove you stole my loot?
I can show a log, but just as I can show one, I am sure you could modify your log to make me out to be the
liar as well. I just do not think its a good option to be honest.

If people knew they could not be attacked by other players, whats so say scripting is not going to increase?
Cause lets face it, how many scripters are getting caught these days? Like 1 per year, I run into scripters
every week, and have taken care of it my way in some cases.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 17 Mar 2010 03:30

Think it this way: if someone stays away from all pfights, he may hit myth faster, and therefore may become interested in it. I think actually many want to try pfighting, but the size difference between new characters and old ones is too big right now.

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 17 Mar 2010 03:38

Rhynox wrote:Think it this way: if someone stays away from all pfights, he may hit myth faster, and therefore may become interested in it. I think actually many want to try pfighting, but the size difference between new characters and old ones is too big right now.

Heh, how many myths do you know that dares to pfight?

I'd say 90% of the myths out there are the ones hiding in their guildhalls for fear of getting killed ;)

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 17 Mar 2010 04:18

Lindros wrote:
Rhynox wrote:Think it this way: if someone stays away from all pfights, he may hit myth faster, and therefore may become interested in it. I think actually many want to try pfighting, but the size difference between new characters and old ones is too big right now.

Heh, how many myths do you know that dares to pfight?

I'd say 90% of the myths out there are the ones hiding in their guildhalls for fear of getting killed ;)
True, but mostly becuse they don't have time to recover. With the new recovery system, they may try it out. It wouldn't surprise me if we see big ones bouncing every couple of months for a few weeks.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/