Minstrel Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Minstrel Recode

Post by Laurel » 04 Mar 2013 22:04

Yeah - ogre minstrels!!!

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 04 Mar 2013 22:08

Laurel wrote:Yeah - ogre minstrels!!!
*covers ears*

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 05 Mar 2013 07:46

Kitriana wrote:I'm really hoping heal does not go away from Minstrels.

1) Its a guild that both evils and good aligned can be in and have a heal. (and with EW becoming closer aligned to occupation guild .. it will be harder for people to have their "indenpendance") I actually feel laymen branches being more strongly attached to occupational branches to be a negative trend in the realms and not something I'm in favor of at all.
2) With the way EW is going in terms of thematics (and I know this is selfish)--- It seems like it won't be an option for certain guilds (including Union) from a thematic standpoint. I think that would be an unfortunate development.
amberlee wrote:I agree with Kitriana on this one.
Having layman guilds align too close with occupational guild is BAD
Just look at how things escalated with Bloodguard and Vampires vs the Donut.
Let's focus on Minstrels and stay on topic here. There's a ton of misinformation out there about what guilds will be or won't be, and this is not the place to discuss it. Elemental Worshippers and Elemental Clerics can be discussed in a separate thread.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 05 Mar 2013 08:09

I apologize for muddying the waters --- in my defence, when so many changes are happening in the realms kind of all at once .. its kind of expected that people are going to get nervous about options they currently have disappearing .. or excited about new options appearing ..

I'll just emphasize - I really don't want to see heal go away from minstrels.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 05 Mar 2013 13:49

Sounds cool and neat. As long as everyone can join, I'm fine with it.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Mar 2013 15:39

Kas wrote:Sounds cool and neat. As long as everyone can join, I'm fine with it.
Are the mages planning to start some type of death metal band Kas? :)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 05 Mar 2013 18:29

Would be cool, don't you think? :D
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 05 Mar 2013 21:32

I love the idea of music not always being considered as pure good --- people using music in many ways... to create anger .. to manipulate feelings in others or actions.. I think about snakes being "swayed" by the music of the Charmer. would be nice to have a little less traditional "bard" and storytelling concept for the guild ..
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 05 Mar 2013 21:51

I am all for minstrels remaining neutral btw.
They should never have been anything else tbh :)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 06 Mar 2013 01:15

Just to set the direction for discussion, let me share what's in my mind at the moment on the Minstrels.

Traditionally, I think Minstrels are bards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minstrel). They are storytellers who happen to weave in music into their storytelling. Their ability to play music and tell stories is what makes them valuable as performers and as companions. They come in all shapes and sizes, and can be any alignment (not just neutral).

For Genesis, I see most layman magical guilds as supplemental guilds. Some may be good supplements for the individual, some for the team. Minstrels falls in the category of the type of guild that is meant to help buff up the party or to hurt the opponent in a way that helps others in your party slay them. (eg. even if they don't use a sword themselves, they can make someone more susceptible to blades if their teammate has a sword). Does that include heal? Probably. We'll have to see how the first couple of magical guilds go before we can really decide.

With that context in mind - what would you like to see?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/