Playerkilling

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Playerkilling

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 16 Mar 2010 21:50

That's some Evil thinking Knuffel.
I like it!
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 17 Mar 2010 12:35

Earth wrote:
I just had a wierd thought/suggestion: Can we have a place where we can see the pkill log in the game?

Earth has been in the midst of many guild discussions where there was argument about who killed whom how many times and why. It would be nice to see a place where you can see a list of the log of kills.

Also, it would be nice after each kill, if there was some reason or justification for "why" the kill was done, so that there is no confusion. Maybe it would act as a deterrent to some random killings, and actually eliminate arguments from those who dispute the facts to cover their tracks.
But these "what happeneds" and "whys" are interesting!!!

If you have a public kill log, no one can lie about kills anymore. And you will never wonder "did he really die after crawling home poisoned or did he make it?"

Don't spoil the fun of uncertainty. It detracts from the roleplaying part of the game.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 17 Mar 2010 16:05

And this system is already set up if you die a Krynn death.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 17 Mar 2010 20:18

It doesn't catch deaths where there isn't an attacker (poisoning, instant death rooms, etc). And it only logs the month and day, not the year, so unless you track that yourself you won't know if it is a recent or a late one.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 18 Mar 2010 02:26

Accurate enough for me. People don't need to know every death or every pkill. Why do we have to keep ruining the aspect of player's choose what to know and what not to know of the game? Or are we just turning into what the rest of society does. Mindless idiots who let computers do all their thinking.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Mar 2010 02:33

Have to agree with Ilrahil here.
Who needs to know things like that.
Just ask the person and that person will tell you from his perspective what happened.
A part of the game that i quite enjoy.
People can lie if they want to, exaggregate if they want to or tell the honest to god truth.
I quite like it that way.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 18 Mar 2010 22:32

Logs of kills and playerkills are definitely in the wiz-info category. It is possible that some type of feature could be implemented that allowed people to commune with Death himself for ridiculously steep prices. But I agree with Ilrahil, mostly. Word of mouth is much more realistic and interesting than absolute info.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 19 Mar 2010 13:27

Logs of kills rock. From one of the protagonists eye view of the incident.
I hope the historian idea kicks off - make it easier for players to log from a third party viewpoint and not have to clean out specials and commands used.

I loved especially the logs that were turned into story like prose by the Mouth of Sauron on the old AA web page.
A bit of poetic license used. :)

I see logs as a promotional type tool for pfighting and the game.
Players posting their own logs is cool. ie deathlogs.com
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 22 Mar 2010 08:59

So would this librarian guy be like Astinius (?Red robe krynn dude) where he writes.

On this third day of the year of the blue monkey, Tarax was killed by Bromen while on triggers.

something like that?

-b

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/