New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

General discussion about the Genesis Web Client located at https://www.genesismud.org/play/

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Laurel » 20 Aug 2013 04:24

Doesn't work from phone, but I guess that was not the goal anywayLooking forward to give it a try in the evening.

Eowul
Wizard

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Eowul » 20 Aug 2013 07:18

Laurel wrote:Doesn't work from phone, but I guess that was not the goal anywayLooking forward to give it a try in the evening.
While it may not be ideal, the client is working, at least for me, on my iphone and ipad. If its an issue with the client itself and not your provider doing weird things with https connections, then I invite you to post in the buG & feature request forum.
Caretaker of Arda

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 20 Aug 2013 08:12

My phone's browser seems to not support websockets ...

Edit after testing:

works from work laptop through work network (cheers!)
works from my biz phone - Samsung on Android with Chrome
doesn't work from my priv phone - previous version of the same Samsung on Android without Chrome - issue with websockets

First touch thing I'd love to have changed:
have groups of triggers I could turn on/off with a single click - not click through all of them ... but you already know that ;)

Otherwise - cheers! It's looking very good!

Sidequestion: is this stored in the character file? I mean - who has access to my settings?

More edit:
an option to disconned/reconnect (or I can't find it)
special character to allow for entering multiple commands? this would change the way triggers can be written as well, so it's up for decision
the typing sign (don't know how it's called ...) should always stay in the command line - for now when I click the map it's no longer there; same when I launch the client - it's not in the command line, so I can't launch and type away
Last edited by Laurel on 20 Aug 2013 09:04, edited 1 time in total.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 20 Aug 2013 09:01

Awesome! I''ll try it out.

Eowul
Wizard

Post by Eowul » 20 Aug 2013 10:54

Laurel wrote:Sidequestion: is this stored in the character file? I mean - who has access to my settings?
Userdata / settings / triggers are stored on the Genesis server and are only accessible by people with command line access to the server, which is generally reserved for the arches / keepers.
Laurel wrote:special character to allow for entering multiple commands? this would change the way triggers can be written as well, so it's up for decision
I will need to look into that for the normal prompt. For triggers you can just add multiple commands on new lines and they will be executed individually.
Laurel wrote:the typing sign (don't know how it's called ...) should always stay in the command line - for now when I click the map it's no longer there; same when I launch the client - it's not in the command line, so I can't launch and type away
Yeah, I should see if I can fix that somehow.
Caretaker of Arda

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 20 Aug 2013 10:56

eowul wrote:For triggers you can just add multiple commands on new lines and they will be executed individually.
done that the first thing I did with triggers tbh ;)
enjoying your client so far - will need some major personalizing at home before I can abuse it to it's full potential for me

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 20 Aug 2013 11:47

I seem to do something wrong here.
I'm trying to execute an alias per trigger.
Example:
alias foodz burp/excuse
trigger pattern "You eat" command "foodz"

doesn't work :(

What am I doing wrong here? ZMuD and Blowtorch do this for me.

also there's a lot of empty lines in my display it seems

Code: Select all

You killed the green-eyed Kretan triterian commander.
rc loot pgs
get unusual items from corpse
get peculiar items from corpse
get exotic items from corpse
get gems from corpse
> 
There's no money to loot!
> 
Get what?
> 
Get what?
> 
Get what?
> 
Get what?
Do we need this "> + empty line" after each command executed?

Also any option to sort triggers would also be lovely. Having a few it's a bother to keep scrolling up and down to find them to turn on/off, update, etc.

Eowul
Wizard

Post by Eowul » 20 Aug 2013 14:09

Laurel wrote:I seem to do something wrong here.
I'm trying to execute an alias per trigger.
Example:
alias foodz burp/excuse
trigger pattern "You eat" command "foodz"

doesn't work :(

What am I doing wrong here? ZMuD and Blowtorch do this for me.
You aren't doing things wrong, at the moment commands entered into a trigger are directly sent to the mud without being unaliassed so to speak. Reason for this is to prevent a never ending loop within aliases, imagine that you aliasses 'eat', and within the alias you would 'eat' (as a command to be sent to the server), if that were to resolve to the alias eat again, it would bring your browser to it's knees. I suppose we could consider making an exception for triggers though, and keep commands within aliases unresolved.
also there's a lot of empty lines in my display it seems

Code: Select all

You killed the green-eyed Kretan triterian commander.
rc loot pgs
get unusual items from corpse
get peculiar items from corpse
get exotic items from corpse
get gems from corpse
> 
There's no money to loot!
> 
Get what?
> 
Get what?
> 
Get what?
> 
Get what?
Do we need this "> + empty line" after each command executed?
Yes, it's by design that any text sent by the server after a prompt is displayed on a new line.
Also any option to sort triggers would also be lovely. Having a few it's a bother to keep scrolling up and down to find them to turn on/off, update, etc.
I suppose that would fit in with the whole grouping of triggers and such, I'll keep it in mind.
Caretaker of Arda

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 20 Aug 2013 14:28

Hey - I aliased using skunk berries to "skunk" in my Blowtorch yesterday. Crashed Blowtorch only 3 times before I realized why it happens every time I try to manually "get skunk berries from jar" ;) I'd say the danger is on user-side here.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 20 Aug 2013 15:04

Wow!

It works great so far!

And if you havent tried on a Mac much before I can report it works very well!

This addition suddenly makes the game a gazillion times more promotable!!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/