New client & New players

Offer up praise and thanks to players and wizards alike. Nothing like feel good moments to spruce up morale
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Hektor
Veteran

New client & New players

Post by Hektor » 27 Aug 2013 14:13

My thanks to the Wizards and players involved with the newbie friendly webbased Client.

I myself am too conservative/lazy/too much in a comfort zone with CMUD to change yet, but that aside I have tried the client some and it is impressive work to say the least.

Thank you for this great step forward in making this game more available and accessible!

Also YAY to whoever helped facilitate this boom of new players, namely the Vienna crowd. I have had some inspiring RP moments and great fun helping out this new batch.

Thank you for trying out Genesis, please stick around - and bring more!
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Aristos
Veteran

Re: New client & New players

Post by Aristos » 27 Aug 2013 14:38

The horde is coming!

We also have some very nice new guys hailing from Seattle, WA.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 27 Aug 2013 23:27

Wow - Seattle had a solid base of players 'back in the day' as well.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 28 Aug 2013 14:36

30-50 more people online and we'll get to the activity level of Arkadia ;p
http://arkadia.rpg.pl/ - they dropped from 100-200 tops to ca. 80.
Guess even poles finally bought computers capable of graphics and enough F2P graphic games surfaced out there.

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 28 Aug 2013 14:56

Laurel wrote:30-50 more people online and we'll get to the activity level of Arkadia ;p
Guess even poles finally bought computers capable of graphics and enough F2P graphic games surfaced out there.
I know of no graphical games that are as challenging, entertaining and which give as much freedom and as many possibilities of playing as Genesis. It's just like comparing a book to a movie for me. A movie may be well made, but the way a book can trigger your imagination and give your creativity wings is without comparison.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 28 Aug 2013 15:33

Aristos wrote:
Laurel wrote:30-50 more people online and we'll get to the activity level of Arkadia ;p
I know of no graphical games that are as challenging, entertaining and which give as much freedom and as many possibilities of playing as Genesis. It's just like comparing a book to a movie for me. A movie may be well made, but the way a book can trigger your imagination and give your creativity wings is without comparison.
Genesis might be challenging and entertaining but as to the number of possibilities playing I'd argue against it (for now). There are still areas where people can't get their satisfaction, which are often popular in the graphic games (and some MUDs). Genesis' weakest links would be the inability to play as a thief that would be truly rewarding, archery is pretty lackluster and magic could use some more options and at least one that's easily accessible.

As to the graphical games that are entertaining, give you lots of freedom and possibilities I'd go with Morrowind - I've wasted entire summer when it was released playing this game exclusively, total sandbox and very interesting and big world with tons of books to read, exploration and fun - and my recent discovery that's Guild Wars 2, which changes so many things that are considered "standard" and allow for a lot of freedom. I've gained several levels just from exploring (and when you come across a jumping puzzle you're in for a treat) and crafting, branching storylines, character classes that aren't set in stone (you can play your warrior as DPS - with many options and different weapon combinations here, including longbow and rifle, tank, condition damage, healer, support etc.) and the fact that you can change your skillbar and traits at a whim is only further rewarding.

Genesis is awesome, but we still need to address certain issues and add some new things to make it truly magnificent.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 28 Aug 2013 15:53

I'm way too old school I guess. Graphics make my head hurt, and I prefer line after line of text flowing down my screen.
Zhar wrote: .... we still need to address certain issues and add some new things to make it truly magnificent.
I'm up to the challenge. Hand me a pointy hat. ;-)

Titan

Post by Avatar » 29 Aug 2013 13:04

A fresh batch of SERIOUS new players, and not just visitors that look around?

Mayhaps Avatar should done his armours, and go looking for something to pulp.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 29 Aug 2013 14:29

Ninle is quite serious about making them all Calians asap, so there's a lot easy pulping targets running around - go get'em! :twisted:

Titan

Post by Avatar » 29 Aug 2013 15:18

Laurel wrote:Ninle is quite serious about making them all Calians asap, so there's a lot easy pulping targets running around - go get'em! :twisted:
Just ventured outside the halls, for the first time in a few years. Poor little avvie is scared :shock:
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/