The Alliance

All General Board Messages from the game are posted here for visibility. For RP reasons you cannot reply here, but you're very welcome to do so in Sparkle where the actual general board is located.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aimee
Wanderer

The Alliance

Post by Aimee » 15 Sep 2013 21:31

Code: Select all

Greetings Citizens of Genesis,

The Conclave of the Knights of Solamnia have
come to the point where we no longer feel
confident in some of our allies and are having
a difficult time reconciling behaviors with
the Oath and the Measure.

We are saddened, but have been left with no
alternative but to leave the Alliance as it 
currently stands.

We will continue to act honorably and according
to the Oath and the Measure as we have in the
past.  

On Behalf of the Conclave,
Lady Aimee Xelith, High Clerist of Solamnia
vita aeterna

Zhar
Wizard

Re: The Alliance

Post by Zhar » 16 Sep 2013 00:35

So, CW and now KoS have decided to leave the alliance. I like some signs of life from the political scene in Genesis.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 16 Sep 2013 13:58

Easy pickings
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Sep 2013 20:50

Bring it old man ;)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 16 Sep 2013 21:51

Put on the danceshoes, gentlemen. :twisted:
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 20 Sep 2013 01:18

Keep in mind Just because people are leaving the Old alliance does not mean they are unprotected. the old alliance agreement was a 10-20 year old document that was written back in a very different time. Some of the guilds involved do not even exist anymore (IE the ROG branch, vampires) and there are some guilds like spirit circle and necromancers that are new from the POV of the treaty.

The current situation can reform new agreements that include issues relevant to the modern climate such as botting (a current concern), or what if a leader goes inactive for 6 months, The requirement to request forgiveness from allied guilds your an outlaw of. Polices on reformed evils.The ability to be allies of one guild rather than ALL the guilds.The option of being a passive ally. (not sticking noses in other business but also actively not provoking/attacking). maybe even state that alliances need to be renewed every few years.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 20 Sep 2013 15:20

Snowrose wrote:Keep in mind Just because people are leaving the Old alliance does not mean they are unprotected. the old alliance agreement was a 10-20 year old document that was written back in a very different time. Some of the guilds involved do not even exist anymore (IE the ROG branch, vampires) and there are some guilds like spirit circle and necromancers that are new from the POV of the treaty.

The current situation can reform new agreements that include issues relevant to the modern climate such as botting (a current concern), or what if a leader goes inactive for 6 months, The requirement to request forgiveness from allied guilds your an outlaw of. Polices on reformed evils.The ability to be allies of one guild rather than ALL the guilds.The option of being a passive ally. (not sticking noses in other business but also actively not provoking/attacking). maybe even state that alliances need to be renewed every few years.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not what this is. If the information from the different guilds is any indication, seems like all guilds want to keep ties severed for now.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 20 Sep 2013 15:34

Im not saying they don't have reason for severing. I am saying long term we will probibly see better aliances because of this. People took the old alliance for granted and im sure some people felt it was unfair. but if people can get a better understanding of what they need and are willing to give for it. it might make for better interguild communication.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 20 Sep 2013 15:46

"All the guilds" are just missing a good and active DA + PoT rampage with AA support..

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 21 Sep 2013 02:34

She does have a point. Part of the big downside of peace and cooperation is it is rather dull.
The alliances were originally formed to protect and avenge the weaker members of our guilds from the evil guilds.
in the modern day where people mostly stick to them selves or just login to get mail (im guilty of this)

It can kinda seem like whats the point of allies we never see. (often literally in the case of rangers) Alliances kinda need a good unified threat to bind together against. and ideally is should not be ONE GUY.

Lately some of my ranger friends have been calling me the harbinger on the north because i always get on the Habitudes list when some major drama is happening. He has even gone as far as dropping piles of pigeons around when i show up. I'm sure the members on these forums who know me well you know who you are will be laughing about this for months. but i figured id share it anyhow.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/