Questions, questions...

General discussion about the Genesis Web Client located at https://www.genesismud.org/play/

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Yanus
Adventurer

Questions, questions...

Post by Yanus » 02 Oct 2013 17:51

Last edited by Yanus on 30 May 2014 01:27, edited 1 time in total.

Eowul
Wizard

Re: Questions, questions...

Post by Eowul » 03 Oct 2013 08:30

Yanus wrote:1. How much space do we have for config files?
Depends on what you mean with config files, it it's the triggers / aliases / userdata you set, then there is no set limit. We do monitor usage, so consider a Fair Use Policy in place.
Yanus wrote:2. Are client's windows customizable? Can I add another window with status of team health, etc. etc? They could be ordered like browser tabs :)
At the moment, windows are not customizable. Team health is something we would like to support ourselves at some point.
Yanus wrote:3. Are there any example config files?
There are a couple of examples of aliases in this forum, but not much besides that.
Caretaker of Arda

Yanus
Adventurer

Post by Yanus » 03 Oct 2013 17:36

Last edited by Yanus on 30 May 2014 01:28, edited 1 time in total.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 04 Oct 2013 22:59

Customization of the app would be really cool. It would be cool if there were settings in the actual game that would alter the app format.

Ie if options screen width would change the width of the health bars one could actually use the app on a phone. as it is now the health bars scroll way off to one side unless you have the app zoomed out so far you cant read the text. also since it keeps trying to readjust either uber close for typing or uber far to see all of the health-bars I have to constantly readjust to get it to a comfortable size. If the health bars would adjust to my screen-width at least the far default would be a good size ad i can just tap tap to get it. I tend to keep my screen width at 50-60 on my phone.

Another issue with phone use is you also cant see the map/communication screen on phone however you cant get that stuff on pocket mud either so its not that big a deal. Would be nice if when the keyboard vanished or if i turned the phone sideways if it would show the map. but that would probably be to difficult to code.

It would be nice if the mud client supported some text coloring. maybe have speech and combat as different colors, since there is already filtering for hits/misses. it would also be need for specials and search results to have colors.

I just love the idea of one mud-client to rule them all. but as it is now it is to fidgity for phone use.

Yanus
Adventurer

Post by Yanus » 05 Oct 2013 00:04

Last edited by Yanus on 30 May 2014 01:28, edited 1 time in total.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 06 Oct 2013 20:24

I've deployed a new version which has some fixes which might make it better (or worse) on mobile.
Please try it out and let us know.

As for trigger storage, just don't go crazy and store hundreds of MiB and it'll be fine.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 07 Oct 2013 01:13

so i just tried it on my iphone its much better its readable and doesnt keep auto resizing me to micro only complaint is the deadspace above healthbars take a lot of valuable space up. bit it is still vastly superior to how it was

Eowul
Wizard

Post by Eowul » 07 Oct 2013 08:07

I'll dig into the mobile layout as soon as I get a chance. What kind of phones are you guys using (screen resolution beeing the important info) And usually in landscape or portrait?
Caretaker of Arda

Eowul
Wizard

Post by Eowul » 07 Oct 2013 21:18

I made some changes to the mobile layout, make sure you properly refresh the page and you should get the new stylesheets. Let me know how it works out.
Caretaker of Arda

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 08 Oct 2013 14:00

very very good changes.
i can actually read it and its not trying to resize micro or huge on me!

i use an iphone 3 typically in portrate as landscape only shows 1-2 lines with keyboard up.
on pocketmud i typically kept screen width on 50 to prevent microsizing but it looks like you found a font i can see at screen width 80 kudos.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/