Mages on recoded balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Laurel » 12 Nov 2013 10:51

petros wrote:Resistances will be available through layman magic guilds, improved items, maybe even implementation of natural resistance through stats (just as dex grants natural AC, it makes sense for wis/int to grant some level of resistance).
I allowed myself to underline the key word - future!
As opposed to this:
Tive wrote:Why do they even allow/tolerate a guild which obviously is not properly balanced to engage in player fights?
it's about now and here, not future.

Gorb/Petros:
Having implemented and launched a guild that WILL have counter balances in future and NOT enforcing any additional policies for the transition period you guys were actually hoping for what? That humans (I kind of assume MM players are not non-humans) will not follow human nature and use this time to their advantage?

As long they used it "only" to grind, one could only stare in jaw-dropped wonder. Soon it started to be abused to feed egos on others (how can any tank fight back against a master of CC and DPS in ANY game?!?!), but everyone was in Irk-hate mode anyway.
I think the reason for choosing Neidars as prey for this was quite obvious. You can join the Irk-hate train, you can fear no retaliation, your RL friends already blew any alliance apart with your support and help.
And then this stuntie Logg shows that he has more RP in his toe than MM-players as a whole ... and an inflated ego explodes and needs more feeding!

Cel, Kas and partly Zauhak:
L2P your guild and stop whining how you got a nerf and how you are unable to do some things now. Pretty please. Learn from those who know how to play.

Btw. have we finally touched the topic of major (on a scale previously unknown to Genesis) CC AND major (that was quite known before a few times already) DPS being given to ONE guild?

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 12 Nov 2013 11:12

Totally support Laurel on last note.

And area of CC is grey too.
There were a lot of CC abilities.
But all them caused nothing by bloodshed and wars.
Most of them were nerfed.

I think any CC effort must be considered under HUGE lens of previous experience.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 12 Nov 2013 16:24

Kas wrote:Pff...we can't be defeated by some pesky scop.

*tease :mrgreen:
We ain't 'fraid of no ghost!
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 12 Nov 2013 18:43

Laurel wrote:Cel, Kas and partly Zauhak:
L2P your guild and stop whining how you got a nerf and how you are unable to do some things now. Pretty please. Learn from those who know how to play.
It's all relative, Laurel. And I really don't play Zauhak, due to some of the changes that were made to the guild -- nothing that needs to be brought up. Suffice it to say, it's not the same guild that it was when I joined a few years ago. But that's ok too. I'll get back to it some time.

Just keep in mind that while PVP (or the looming threat thereof) is important to the Tower, there are many more parts that make up a guild. I know I speak for more than a couple of us when I say that it's those parts we refer to when speaking of any 'nerf' that may have been done. It's a shame that the focus has been brought on the PVP side of things (which believe it or not has been nerfed) through properly ordered kills.

But when referring to the players in question that did the killing, they are the largest the Tower has ever seen. I do feel that there are things to be ironed out, and maybe the new magic system is partly to blame. I don't think I would be allowed to get into specifics, so I'll save the admin the trouble and censor myself.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 12 Nov 2013 18:55

L2P your guild?

Quite interesting statement considering you have not been a member of a caster guild. I wonder if you could "teach" me how to be a Better Spirit Circle member.

I apologize for being harsh, but I find statements that ridicule and jab at players who I know and respect as being quite excellent roleplayers and whom I believe truly do know how to "play" a morgul mage.

On a side note, I wonder if any of you would give up your ability to grind effectively to be able to kill someone easily (so long as you had permission.)

Windemere

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 12 Nov 2013 21:38

I understand that you must have some kind of man crush on our "assassin types" in the guild, but again, because they don't post here doesn't mean they have any different feelings. What don't you ask them how they feel? You won't - You like to whine. I play the guild just fine.

What is the next topic you can pile on here? The black robes are too stylish?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 12 Nov 2013 22:50

Celephias wrote:
I understand that you must have some kind of man crush on our "assassin types" in the guild, but again, because they don't post here doesn't mean they have any different feelings. What don't you ask them how they feel? You won't - You like to whine. I play the guild just fine.

What is the next topic you can pile on here? The black robes are too stylish?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 12 Nov 2013 23:10

Laurel stop posting pics of you and Irk -.- ffs

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 13 Nov 2013 00:00

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 13 Nov 2013 00:44

I find it incredibly hillarious that Laurel of all people tell others to L2P.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/