Death lost the bet!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kiara
Champion

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Kiara » 13 Nov 2013 18:43

Cant we just have PVP XP?

Simply,
Kill someone, get PVP XP, be killed by someone, lose PVP XP.

If you have not killed anyone, you have nothing to lose except your gear and if you have been killing alot of people you have more to lose.

So,
You always get PVP XP from killing someone, no matter if they had any previous PVP XP, but if they do have PVP XP you get a portion of their PVP XP as well!

Exactly what PVP XP is good for I dont know. Maybe its simply normal XP x 100 or something, or you use PVP XP for other types of gains. Like maybe if you reach the first level of PVP XP rewards you unlock some type of bonus. Like you can train a skill so sup guru + 5. Or maybe you get 5% magic resistance... or... well something. Like a "skill tree" in many games. You unlock small buffs by reaching the next level.

But again, the problem with abuse still needs to be solved...
Last edited by Kiara on 13 Nov 2013 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 13 Nov 2013 18:46

Celephias wrote:I believe the reward, outside of whatever gear and loot the loser had on him/her, is hurting your enemies and general schadenfreude.
I guess. But more often than not lately it seems the "reward" has been feeling bad about about making another player quit the game... I guess some people maybe think that IS fun, and a reward. But it's probably not a great reward for the game as a whole.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Nov 2013 19:10

Kiara wrote:
Celephias wrote:I believe the reward, outside of whatever gear and loot the loser had on him/her, is hurting your enemies and general schadenfreude.
I guess. But more often than not lately it seems the "reward" has been feeling bad about about making another player quit the game... I guess some people maybe think that IS fun, and a reward. But it's probably not a great reward for the game as a whole.

Naaa, they feel awsome for making people leave an already dwindling game

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 13 Nov 2013 21:01

Draugor wrote:Naaa, I feel awsome for trying to make Irk leave an already dwindling game
slight corrects - must be your autocorrect that wrote something else than usual ;p

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 13 Nov 2013 21:06

Draugor wrote:
Kiara wrote:

My post was meant to be facetious, and clearly I failed judged by the responses here and private mailings.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Nov 2013 21:14

Laurel wrote:
Draugor wrote:Naaa, I feel awsome for trying to make Irk leave an already dwindling game
slight corrects - must be your autocorrect that wrote something else than usual ;p

Oh, you missunderstand, Irk is detrimental to the game, him leaving will result in people returning cause there wont be an annoying ass bot stealing shit and attacking "on mistake"

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Nov 2013 21:16

Celephias wrote:

My post was meant to be facetious, and clearly I failed judged by the responses here and private mailings.[/quote]

LIES! :P

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 13 Nov 2013 21:18

Exactly :D
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 14 Nov 2013 00:45

Celephias wrote:
My post was meant to be facetious, and clearly I failed judged by the responses here and private mailings.
Well I thought you meant it. Because it IS true. Feeling good because your enemy feels bad is the current reward, and it's something people have enjoyed before and still do. And its a very real reward, and not really a _bad_ one either. As long as its a fair fight and the loser doesnt feel like quitting the game at least... then something's not really right.

So yeah, if we remove the part where you feel good because your enemy lost stats, then we probably need another reward... is what I think. But we'll see what happens now.
Last edited by Kiara on 14 Nov 2013 00:48, edited 1 time in total.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 14 Nov 2013 00:46

This is a decision that is about 3 years to late.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/