Death lost the bet!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Kas » 17 Nov 2013 17:06

And I dare to say, the enormous difference imbues make.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Nov 2013 17:16

eowul wrote:
Draugor wrote:Level the playing field mebbe? No fun in pvping when yer 99% toast? :P And I am talking about pvp abilities for all guilds
But that still leaves the issue of the big stat difference ...

Still gives atleast something of a chance to fight back, oh and I will say this again, remove magic guilds from the game untill real countermeasures are in place -.- Giving a kid unlimited powerwithout a parent is just stupid :P

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 17 Nov 2013 17:36

eowul wrote:
Draugor wrote:Level the playing field mebbe? No fun in pvping when yer 99% toast? :P And I am talking about pvp abilities for all guilds

So true. It is the size difference that makes a lot of people not stay to fight. If they know that there is NO way they can beat the attacker why stay?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Nov 2013 17:52

arcon wrote:
eowul wrote:

So true. It is the size difference that makes a lot of people not stay to fight. If they know that there is NO way they can beat the attacker why stay?

Cause stats are the only way of doing that :D :o

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 17 Nov 2013 18:01

Stats and specials needs to be made less important and pure skills more important. Then artifacts and equipment will be what decides the outcome and it is easier to level that when you want to get even.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 17 Nov 2013 18:30

eowul wrote:
Yeah... both PVP abilities and stats probably needs to be more evenly matched for PVP to be fun and enjoyed by more people. In terms of PVP everything is very uneven right now in many ways.

But I think that's a tradeoff for having a more or less limitless stat growth system. If the biggest players were around champion/legend size it would be a whole different game where everyone could PVP fairly quickly after creating a new character. To be a winner in PVP now you first need to spend several YEARS to gain the stats necessary. Yeah sure, a tiny portion of our players can hit myth quicker, but for most it's gonna take years, or more, and some wont ever hit myth. And today even a new myth is considered by some elite grinders to be fairly small.

I personally think stats should cap at around champion/legend, and that further grinding and growth should not result in bigger stats, but in other rewards. I think Kas once presented a "skill tree". So, instead of huge stats, your stats stop growing eventually, and when they do you can still keep grinding to reach more or less limitless new skill-tree abilities. These will be soft capped like today, so each new ability becomes harder and harder to reach. The skill tree starts at newbie level though, so maybe reaching new mortal size also unlocks a new skill in the skill tree, but the skill tree will keep growing far beyond the level when your stats stop growing. And it would also add an achievement-like purpose for grinding too. I think that would be great system that would be both fun for grinders, and also for those who rather enjoy RP/socializing and PVP, since you would not NEED to unlock all your skills in the skill tree to be able to PVP, or RP. (Yes a lot of RP today also requires a high mortal level). Gaining top skill tree abilities will be a nice perk, but not be a requirement to be successful in the PVP game. And it would also mean more socializing and teaming, since players simply will have smaller stats, and could not tackle all the elite mobs in the game as easily as today. At least not alone.

Yeah I know its drastic, but hey, when death takes vacation maybe it means our dear wizards are open to anything!:)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 17 Nov 2013 19:09

Kiara wrote:To be a winner in PVP now you first need to spend several YEARS to gain the stats necessary.
several people proved this to be not true on quite a few characters already ... please

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Nov 2013 19:16

Laurel wrote:
Kiara wrote:To be a winner in PVP now you first need to spend several YEARS to gain the stats necessary.
several people proved this to be not true on quite a few characters already ... please

You can hit myth in a matter of months Kiara my dear if you really want to :P
Last edited by Draugor on 17 Nov 2013 21:16, edited 2 times in total.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 17 Nov 2013 20:38

Laurel wrote:
With a new person who just entered realm and started to learn?
Without all quest solutions and powerful friends who kill for you and give HUGE boost in combat exp?
I really REALLY doubt there are people who reached champion size in one year.
I mean first year of their gameplay

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 17 Nov 2013 20:52

zar wrote:Without all quest solutions and powerful friends who kill for you and give HUGE boost in combat exp?
for some people being dragged by biggies is just kill-stealing and they can get better progress alone

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/