Critical success while forging.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Megarius
Apprentice

Critical success while forging.

Post by Megarius » 23 Mar 2010 21:03

I was reading some posts about smiths and forges and forging and a thought came through. What if supreme smiths, say Mythical Smiths could have a slight chance of forging an item that would be "an extremely well-made" thus be a sort of counter part to a magical items in realms. Not as much to spoil the need of magical items but enough to be just an addition to the whole system of equipment. I mean smiths already can craft "plated" items that would protect very well, and still chose magical equipment over the crafted ones. Maybe by increasing some variable (sorry for my ignorance I am just guessing about the code creation) in smith guild abilities code it can be achieved?

Not saying that its needed badly or there is an immediate necessity for this, but sounds like a fun idea hat would promote joining the Blacksmiths.

Aeg
Wizard

Re: Critical success while forging.

Post by Aeg » 24 Mar 2010 03:50

or a critical herb find?

>search here for herbs
Critical search! You find a skunk berry patch!

>put herbs in pouch
You put 5 handfuls of purple berries in your leather pouch.

>say Yeeeeeeah! Go me!
You say: Yeeeeeeah! Go me!

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 24 Mar 2010 04:48

Well, if a critical success while herbing just gives you a few more herbs, it is nothing you would not do in a minute. The main problem with smiths is that it is obsolete. I have been a member for longer than neidar, and the current state is pretty sad. People like to forge, but it is not worth to spend hours there to be able to make armours that can't match what you could get killing a troll outside Moria.

You see quite a lot of people as smiths now because it allows them to sharpen their weapons on the go. If they heard about a whetstone you can buy that allows you to sharpen weapons, half would surely leave the guild.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 24 Mar 2010 09:07

Or...a critical failure!
You are clumsy and sharp piece of metal lands in your eye.
You come a strange feeling. You die...

Or instead of herb you find an angry snake :mrgreen:

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 24 Mar 2010 09:22

Don't leave out critical alchemy.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 24 Mar 2010 10:25

bromen wrote:Don't leave out critical alchemy.

Kab000m!!

AND!

You manage to mix the potion so that it becomes an _I_WIN_ potiom

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 24 Mar 2010 12:49

Rhynox says that some are better than other already so I guess that is correct.
I always felt that as a smith you should get messages feedback when finished.

You feel this is not your best work.
You are relatively happy with how this came out.
This could be considered your best work to date.
etc.

That you can forge the items relatively quickly means if currently smith armours were some of the best quality one smith could supply all of the game quite easily in a day.

If you are going to start being able to make better quality it should go much slower.

Also Mythical smith doesn't relate to smithying skills or work done, just how much you have grinded since joining.
So currently you can become a mythical Smith without making a single item in the forge.
Que Rhynox reply ;) (He has suggested this be changed in the past)
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 24 Mar 2010 16:42

I really do like the ideas here. Smiths (and other crafts) are going to be an integral part of the economy changes we are planning. There are some really cool ideas in the works and the stuff in this thread is really helping to add to what is already planned. I've moved this topic to Suggestion Box forum so that we can refer to it easily.

Don't worry, in the future, the players of Genesis will have a lot more power over their destinies through the crafts that they train. It'll be a big shift, but it'll be very cool.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 24 Mar 2010 16:57

petros wrote:I really do like the ideas here. Smiths (and other crafts) are going to be an integral part of the economy changes we are planning. There are some really cool ideas in the works and the stuff in this thread is really helping to add to what is already planned. I've moved this topic to Suggestion Box forum so that we can refer to it easily.

Don't worry, in the future, the players of Genesis will have a lot more power over their destinies through the crafts that they train. It'll be a big shift, but it'll be very cool.
Oops! I was kiddin' about the critical failure :shock:

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 24 Mar 2010 18:02

Petros ---

Do you think perhaps you could give up some idea as to the direction of this new system
and perhaps we could help with more ideas?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/