Death lost the bet!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zar
Hero

Re: Death lost the bet!

Post by Zar » 21 Nov 2013 09:33

Zestana wrote:Hrmmm... what a strange world Genesis has become.... I find myself agreeing with Laurel more and more.
Laurel becomes a bit smarter and wiser with age?

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 21 Nov 2013 11:38

Would people prefer MM get their old spells until all the others was done with the recode?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 21 Nov 2013 12:00

I think that's not the point on at least 2 levels:
1. it's not about MMs now - I just made an example
2. new MM spells should be removed until the rest of the whole game is ready with magic resistance update

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 21 Nov 2013 12:26

Point 2 implies removing new and replace with the old spells in this case. The third alternative is to have no spells, which is equal to remove all ranger/pot/scop/worshipper abilities until the recodes and items of resistance are 100% in place.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 21 Nov 2013 14:09

Kas wrote:Would people prefer MM get their old spells until all the others was done with the recode?
People would want mages to behave and not to spoil others fun... no matter what powers are in hand.
And is not just about mages, they just fell victims because several individuals.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 21 Nov 2013 14:30

Then don't kill their steeds/assault them directly, steal their stuff of make an ass of yourself in their city/on their turf. They won't mess with you if you simply leave them alone expect in Ithilien, so it's often a conscious choice (unless you bot ofcourse).

It's that simple.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 21 Nov 2013 14:35

Care to elaborate on which part exactly did Logg fail?

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 21 Nov 2013 22:08

Windemere wrote:
I know Recoba disagrees completely with what I said about PvP having no real reward for either party. I suppose you could argue hurting your fellow player and making them need to recover is a "reward" but I do not feel that way.

What I would like to see is for PvP to actually have some sort of intrinsic or material benefit for participation for both parties. As I said earlier in this thread I do not know what this might look like.
You make me sound like a bad person when you describe it like that - I hope that was not intentional. Plus you miss the point entirely.

It's about the reward of the thrill, the real danger, a defeat being a real defeat etc. Which makes it so much sweeter to survive. And it makes the battles epic. I don't remember any of my playerfights in WoW, for example, precisely because they are perfectly safe. But I remember those in Genesis. Just like my friends who play EVE remember all their fights there.

It's one of the reasons I liked Genesis and saw it as very different from other games, because it was a hard world. Which made it a stronger roleplaying world. But people are different - some load their last autosave on every bad roll of the dice, and that's fine, but I am just one of those who don't :)

Anyway, I still think that the major problems with PvP in Genesis are the insane size differences and the low population.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 22 Nov 2013 00:32

Recoba wrote:Anyway, I still think that the major problems with PvP in Genesis are the insane size differences and the low population.
Lucky we have the MMs to fix both of those issues.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 22 Nov 2013 05:16

Recoba wrote:
Windemere wrote:
I know Recoba disagrees completely with what I said about PvP having no real reward for either party. I suppose you could argue hurting your fellow player and making them need to recover is a "reward" but I do not feel that way.

What I would like to see is for PvP to actually have some sort of intrinsic or material benefit for participation for both parties. As I said earlier in this thread I do not know what this might look like.
You make me sound like a bad person when you describe it like that - I hope that was not intentional. Plus you miss the point entirely.

It's about the reward of the thrill, the real danger, a defeat being a real defeat etc. Which makes it so much sweeter to survive. And it makes the battles epic. I don't remember any of my playerfights in WoW, for example, precisely because they are perfectly safe. But I remember those in Genesis. Just like my friends who play EVE remember all their fights there.

It's one of the reasons I liked Genesis and saw it as very different from other games, because it was a hard world. Which made it a stronger roleplaying world. But people are different - some load their last autosave on every bad roll of the dice, and that's fine, but I am just one of those who don't :)

Anyway, I still think that the major problems with PvP in Genesis are the insane size differences and the low population.
Yeah... I totally miss the danger so far...

And I cant honestly see how this alone would do anything for PVP. In my opinion all it does is make people wanna PVP less?? Because if you really wanna kill someone you'll gonna need a lot of preparation and planning (even mages probably need to make an effort!), and now when it basically doesnt matter if you do kill someone, except for a set of EQ, I am not so sure it's worth the effort??

As been said before. If we're not gonna have a penalty, at least we need some type of reward... or something. Now theres absolutely no point in PVPing... And the game in completely without one of its absolute core features - danger.

I too agree that it feels like just a random change. What is the strategy for PVP? Or for the game as a whole? This just seem... very odd and very unplanned. I am also worried about Gorboth's "romantic" view of PVP. It's a nice view, but technically the game does not support that type of play and we really dont have many of those players either I think...

And we are simply too few to fight people "in our own size". You'll be happy to meet ANYONE at all. And the odds of running into someone of your size for an equal fight are... slim. And teams? Team fights? In Genesis? Today? That's gotta be extremely rare... We need a way where PVP works with about 10-20 people online. If that is ever gonna happen we need at least half of those online to be pretty equally matched, or its just not gonna happen. And we need to give those people who are awake a reason to pfight as well. If winning is rewarded, and there are other people around your size to play with. Then we might have a start.

Death penalty? It has nothing to do with the main problem I think. It's a bandage that at best will keep some people from quitting the game or taking a break when they're killed just _because_ we have a PVP system that isnt working and isnt balanced, due to, in my opinion, size differences, guild recode imbalances, and unequal distribution of PVP tools.

Thats what I think anyway!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/