THANKSGIVING EVENT!

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kiara
Champion

Re: THANKSGIVING EVENT!

Post by Kiara » 27 Nov 2013 21:45

As friendly feedback. May I suggest announcing all events in the future? You usually do, but especially when being _first_ to do something contains rewards it's probably the most important. That way everyone get s a fair warning, and equal chance at rewards.

Those who happened to be around when this note was posted obviously benefitted greatly, and those who see it in a few days, will probably have very little chance of gaining any quest experience rewards.

I think announced events will also means more players make plans to attend, and can provide a boost of players. Especially at the start of an event like this, when being fast is rewarded.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 27 Nov 2013 23:08

Kiara wrote:As friendly feedback. May I suggest announcing all events in the future? You usually do, but especially when being _first_ to do something contains rewards it's probably the most important. That way everyone get s a fair warning, and equal chance at rewards.

Those who happened to be around when this note was posted obviously benefitted greatly, and those who see it in a few days, will probably have very little chance of gaining any quest experience rewards.

I think announced events will also means more players make plans to attend, and can provide a boost of players. Especially at the start of an event like this, when being fast is rewarded.
Starting it during a working hours is especially a loser (for me)!

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 27 Nov 2013 23:21

Celephias wrote:
Kiara wrote:As friendly feedback. May I suggest announcing all events in the future? You usually do, but especially when being _first_ to do something contains rewards it's probably the most important. That way everyone get s a fair warning, and equal chance at rewards.

Starting it during a working hours is especially a loser (for me)!
Luckily I read the board and then had this afternoon off :)

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 27 Nov 2013 23:46

Well with some advance planning you could have taken the day off Celephias.:)

Lucky you Manglor!

But yeah, especially this event where being _first_ is important, I think its really important to inform in advance. For happy players. I already heard some grumpy people. Me being slightly grumpy too...:)

Now, some praise too!

I love the rewards! Different types of items. Nice! And, a real amount of general XP! My dreams as a "grind-hater" has finally come true!:) I hope you will consider having similar rewards in future events too! I think this is exactly the way to go to get more people interested in events!

Well done whoever came up with it. And thanks for listening to feedback from previous events.

Now... a question: A fantastic progress. What does that really mean? No matter your size and brute you get a fantastic prog? And it depends on your size how much XP that really is? I honestly dont even know how XP really works, but I always figured a fantastic for a myth is more XP than a fantastic for a hero?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 27 Nov 2013 23:48

And, fortunately, most of the quest rewards aren't going to be simply for finding a given race first or finding it in a given domain first, but actually for those *other* two things Ebenestus rewards you for as first-finders. Don't forget to notice the small details!

The "first finds" will be able to go on long into the 4-week cycle, I am quite certain.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 28 Nov 2013 01:47

Neat idea for an event, wish I could participate. Helping out a necromancer sort of singles out at least one guild in the realms from participation. :-P

I do like it though, and I hope for more events in the future that involve things like imbuement rewards!
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 28 Nov 2013 02:01

Amorana wrote:Neat idea for an event, wish I could participate. Helping out a necromancer sort of singles out at least one guild in the realms from participation. :-P

I do like it though, and I hope for more events in the future that involve things like imbuement rewards!
I think this underscores what a poor guild choice you have made. Its not too late to come to Mordor.

Seriously though, this is consistent with RP for that guild. Bravo!

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 28 Nov 2013 04:14

A sense a little love story between Amorana and Celephias! You seem to have the same RP views and share an admiration for each other:)

Unfortunately you're on complete opposite sides of things...

Oh Romeo... Oh Juliet...

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 28 Nov 2013 05:38

gorboth wrote:And, fortunately, most of the quest rewards aren't going to be simply for finding a given race first or finding it in a given domain first, but actually for those *other* two things Ebenestus rewards you for as first-finders. Don't forget to notice the small details!

The "first finds" will be able to go on long into the 4-week cycle, I am quite certain.

G.
Oh I get it now. Didnt really understand the third thing until now.:)

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 28 Nov 2013 06:28

Kiara wrote:A sense a little love story between Amorana and Celephias! You seem to have the same RP views and share an admiration for each other:)

Unfortunately you're on complete opposite sides of things...

Oh Romeo... Oh Juliet...
All this peer pressure from you and Celephias... Maybe I'll just become a consort of Sauron and be the first queen of Mordor! Think of all that power! All that pkilling potential!
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/