Mud client layout

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alexi
Veteran

Re: Mud client layout

Post by Alexi » 03 Dec 2013 21:33

Einar wrote:Quite easy I would say - it is about creating two extra window, anchoring them in desired place and setting up few triggers to capture what people say and when you got new mail. Probably it can be done on one gmcp trigger but I've not tried do it that way yet as that what I got is sufficient for me.

I would suggest to do in cmud #print %gmcp and think what would you like to get out of it, the rest is about positioning button or displaying it in chosen window. I've attached two triggers as example how you can use gmcp triggers.
So how does one go about actually bringing this into their CMUD layout? Do you create a new trigger (If so off what string) and use the XML information, or do you just import that xml? I think I'm missing a piece of the puzzle and my minds not wrapping around it yet.

The other thing I'm really interested in is your Fatigue and Health Status Bar, I hate having to hit h all all the time:(

Einar
Apprentice

Post by Einar » 03 Dec 2013 23:47

I'll export whole script to XML for you as soon as I'll finish work. About 7-8am game time lets say.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 03 Dec 2013 23:54

Einar wrote:I'll export whole script to XML for you as soon as I'll finish work. About 7-8am game time lets say.

+1

If you don't mind continuing to share it in this thread, I am very interested as well. Such a set up is enough to convince me to buy CMUD. I've been trudging along with ZMUD because I like the mapping functionality, but I've been longing to have some of the features that the web client has built in.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 03 Dec 2013 23:55

Einar wrote:I'll export whole script to XML for you as soon as I'll finish work. About 7-8am game time lets say.

Much appreciated Einar, thank you very much. Looking forward to it.

Einar
Apprentice

Post by Einar » 04 Dec 2013 08:47

As for health button all you need to do is choose option Import XML in All Settings and point to hp&fatigue.xml file - it should create gauge button for health and normal button for fatigue as I never cared for having proper bar for it. If you would like to have fatigue gauge button and maybe mana gauge button you need to put extra code into Char.Vitals trigger. All credits to Icarus for creating it, I hope he would not mind me sharing it with all of you:

Code: Select all

#switch (@my_mana=="in a vegetable state") {value_of_my_mana=0} (@my_mana=="exhausted") {value_of_my_mana=1} (@my_mana=="worn down") {value_of_my_mana=2} (@my_mana=="indisposed") {value_of_my_mana=3} (@my_mana=="in a bad shape") {value_of_my_mana=4} (@my_mana=="very degraded") {value_of_my_mana=5} (@my_mana=="rather degraded") {value_of_my_mana=6} (@my_mana=="degraded") {value_of_my_mana=7} (@my_mana=="somewhat degraded") {value_of_my_mana=8} (@my_mana=="slightly degraded") {value_of_my_mana=9} (@my_mana=="in full vigour") {value_of_my_mana=10}
;my_mana = %replace(%1,"in","")
#switch (@my_fatigue=="extremely alert") {value_of_my_fatigue=20} (@my_fatigue=="very alert") {value_of_my_fatigue=19} (@my_fatigue=="alert") {value_of_my_fatigue=18} (@my_fatigue=="somewhat alert") {value_of_my_fatigue=17} (@my_fatigue=="slightly alert") {value_of_my_fatigue=16} (@my_fatigue=="slightly weary") {value_of_my_fatigue=15} (@my_fatigue=="somewhat weary") {value_of_my_fatigue=14} (@my_fatigue=="weary") {value_of_my_fatigue=13} (@my_fatigue=="very weary") {value_of_my_fatigue=12} (@my_fatigue=="extremely weary") {value_of_my_fatigue=11} (@my_fatigue=="slightly tired") {value_of_my_fatigue=10} (@my_fatigue=="somewhat tired") {value_of_my_fatigue=9} (@my_fatigue=="tired") {value_of_my_fatigue=8} (@my_fatigue=="very tired") {value_of_my_fatigue=7} (@my_fatigue=="extremely tired") {value_of_my_fatigue=6} (@my_fatigue=="slightly exhausted") {value_of_my_fatigue=5} (@my_fatigue=="somewhat exhausted") {value_of_my_fatigue=4} (@my_fatigue=="exhausted") {value_of_my_fatigue=3} (@my_fatigue=="very exhausted") {value_of_my_fatigue=2} (@my_fatigue=="extremely exhausted") {value_of_my_fatigue=1}

To capture what people say and to record time and author of any message I use slightly modified Earth's code, you can find it here
If you need anything else just let me know and I'll try to help.
Attachments
hp&fatigue.xml
(1.59 KiB) Downloaded 343 times

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 04 Dec 2013 16:41

Einar wrote:As for health button all you need to do is choose option Import XML in All Settings and point to hp&fatigue.xml file - it should create gauge button for health and normal button for fatigue as I never cared for having proper bar for it. If you would like to have fatigue gauge button and maybe mana gauge button you need to put extra code into Char.Vitals trigger. All credits to Icarus for creating it, I hope he would not mind me sharing it with all of you:

Code: Select all

#switch (@my_mana=="in a vegetable state") {value_of_my_mana=0} (@my_mana=="exhausted") {value_of_my_mana=1} (@my_mana=="worn down") {value_of_my_mana=2} (@my_mana=="indisposed") {value_of_my_mana=3} (@my_mana=="in a bad shape") {value_of_my_mana=4} (@my_mana=="very degraded") {value_of_my_mana=5} (@my_mana=="rather degraded") {value_of_my_mana=6} (@my_mana=="degraded") {value_of_my_mana=7} (@my_mana=="somewhat degraded") {value_of_my_mana=8} (@my_mana=="slightly degraded") {value_of_my_mana=9} (@my_mana=="in full vigour") {value_of_my_mana=10}
;my_mana = %replace(%1,"in","")
#switch (@my_fatigue=="extremely alert") {value_of_my_fatigue=20} (@my_fatigue=="very alert") {value_of_my_fatigue=19} (@my_fatigue=="alert") {value_of_my_fatigue=18} (@my_fatigue=="somewhat alert") {value_of_my_fatigue=17} (@my_fatigue=="slightly alert") {value_of_my_fatigue=16} (@my_fatigue=="slightly weary") {value_of_my_fatigue=15} (@my_fatigue=="somewhat weary") {value_of_my_fatigue=14} (@my_fatigue=="weary") {value_of_my_fatigue=13} (@my_fatigue=="very weary") {value_of_my_fatigue=12} (@my_fatigue=="extremely weary") {value_of_my_fatigue=11} (@my_fatigue=="slightly tired") {value_of_my_fatigue=10} (@my_fatigue=="somewhat tired") {value_of_my_fatigue=9} (@my_fatigue=="tired") {value_of_my_fatigue=8} (@my_fatigue=="very tired") {value_of_my_fatigue=7} (@my_fatigue=="extremely tired") {value_of_my_fatigue=6} (@my_fatigue=="slightly exhausted") {value_of_my_fatigue=5} (@my_fatigue=="somewhat exhausted") {value_of_my_fatigue=4} (@my_fatigue=="exhausted") {value_of_my_fatigue=3} (@my_fatigue=="very exhausted") {value_of_my_fatigue=2} (@my_fatigue=="extremely exhausted") {value_of_my_fatigue=1}

To capture what people say and to record time and author of any message I use slightly modified Earth's code, you can find it here
If you need anything else just let me know and I'll try to help.

I see 4 entries now in my triggers for Char.Status Trigger and Chara.Vitals triggers. So when you said add extra code for the gauge button like the Health, what type of modification are you speaking of? Been wanting this for YEARS, thanks a bunch.

Also total side note, have you ever tried to make one gauge that shows your current enemies health level? (Giving Cmud the Wow Interface type feel?)

Einar
Apprentice

Post by Einar » 04 Dec 2013 22:46

There should be two triggers - one Char.Vitals and second Char.Status (via Char.Status one can obtain mortal level of character so actually it is not necessary for vitals status bars). I suggest to delete all prior imported gmcp triggers and import them from the file I've attached to this post. I should work now for both health and fatigue status.
Attachments
hp&fatigue.xml
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 05 Dec 2013 02:05

Einar wrote:There should be two triggers - one Char.Vitals and second Char.Status (via Char.Status one can obtain mortal level of character so actually it is not necessary for vitals status bars). I suggest to delete all prior imported gmcp triggers and import them from the file I've attached to this post. I should work now for both health and fatigue status.
awwwesome Sir! I thought I was having issues but since I'm playing on my 13" MacBook Air I don't run Cmud in full screen and shrink it to keep open my undocked map and MSN. once I maximized it, there were the two Gauge Buttons. Had to tweak them to allow me to move them left justified but working great now

Thanks a ton!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 05 Dec 2013 04:03

Community development at its best. Bravo, guys!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 05 Dec 2013 18:21

Awesome job Einar! Much appreciated!

Since I don't fully understand the coding behind it, is there a way to add onto this to show your enemy's health? It would seem to be pretty straightforward, but I don't know how to do it :)

I'm thinking it would be easy with the values you've already given, but I don't know how to do the behind the scenes gathering of the data to make this graphical functionality appear.

Thoughts?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/