Mud client layout

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alexi
Veteran

Re: Mud client layout

Post by Alexi » 05 Dec 2013 18:50

gorboth wrote:Community development at its best. Bravo, guys!

G.
Agreed its nice to be able to see how others play our beloved game and go possibly improve something on your experience. Now the one of the questions I have for our experienced coders is there a way to make a "Enemy" Bar that allows you to forgo always hitting "H ALL" to see the health of the one you are fighting. Perhaps to expand on that is is there a way that the can can tell a player how many enemies he's fighting, and have a dynamic enemy bar grouping that changes depending on who's attacking you and what their health is? Wish I had the knowledge to know how to code what I'd like to do. More of a Vision guy then a Coder guy:)

Jhael
Adept

Post by Jhael » 05 Dec 2013 19:08

Alexi wrote:
gorboth wrote:Community development at its best. Bravo, guys!

G.
Agreed its nice to be able to see how others play our beloved game and go possibly improve something on your experience. Now the one of the questions I have for our experienced coders is there a way to make a "Enemy" Bar that allows you to forgo always hitting "H ALL" to see the health of the one you are fighting. Perhaps to expand on that is is there a way that the can can tell a player how many enemies he's fighting, and have a dynamic enemy bar grouping that changes depending on who's attacking you and what their health is? Wish I had the knowledge to know how to code what I'd like to do. More of a Vision guy then a Coder guy:)
There's always a way. :smile:

Unless someone already has something along these lines, I'll start looking into this. My suspicion is that it will not be as easy as the player vitals.

EDIT: As an update, my suspicion was correct. It appears that enemy data is not stored within GMCP data.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 05 Dec 2013 21:13

Jhael wrote:EDIT: As an update, my suspicion was correct. It appears that enemy data is not stored within GMCP data.
Suggestion box?! :D
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/