What are you reading right now?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: What are you reading right now?

Post by Laurel » 14 Nov 2013 17:45

http://youtu.be/RIQ4tkfysn8 - yeah, all the stage diving (noone allowed to come even close now), Novoselic knocking himself out with his guitar, Dave calling for Axl Rose as joke, destroying gear (instead of Miley C.) during MTV performance ... different times, different forms of "fun"

Strider
Adept

Post by Strider » 15 Nov 2013 00:59

Aimee, I thought Zealot was pretty good. Did you like it?

As for me:
Laurel wrote:You'd rather RP Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains or Pearl Jam? ;p
Attachments
Citizen_Dick.gif
Citizen Dick, Bitches!

Failing that, Mudhoney.
Citizen_Dick.gif (8.67 KiB) Viewed 3407 times
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 15 Nov 2013 14:35

Anyone read Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin? My Dad got it for me and I'm wondering if it's worth the read. Not sure if it has enough 'umph' to pull me away from Genesis or CoD: Ghosts.

Strider
Adept

Believe It Or Not, There's A Book I Am Not Currently Reading

Post by Strider » 07 Dec 2013 02:30

The official release party isn't until tomorrow, and I probably won't get to it for a while myself, but I imagine one or two of you will be excited about:
ImageEXPERIENCING NIRVANA: Grunge in Europe, 1989, by Bruce Pavitt

Also, thanks for the recommendation of Starfish, Zhar. I am enjoying it, but increasingly cringing over the fact that I told my aspiring marine biologist about it.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 07 Dec 2013 02:57

Strider says < ... Grunge in Europe, 1989, by Bruce Pavitt ... >

Having enjoyed Europe many times now, I can say that I do not understand the appeal of (nearly) 25 year old songs about trash.

The times they are a changin.

Einar
Apprentice

Post by Einar » 07 Dec 2013 14:57

Right now at my house J. Irving is obligatory reading - I'm nearly done with World According to Garp - I really enjoyed his books but I got mixed feelings regarding that one, quite the same as I had reading The Cider House Rules. From time two time I read few pages of Notebooks of Don Rigoberto by Llosa - I absolutely love it, but one have to dose good things to enjoy them thoroughly. I cannot wait till Christmas, I heard the rumours Santa got my letter so hopefully I'll be getting my hands on the newest book by A. Sapkowski - Season of Storms. I enjoyed most of his books so no doubt I will enjoy this one as well. I do not read as much as I'd like lately (damn you MUDs and work) so I'm thinking about making the list of books for next year - over the summer I've started to read The Tin Drum and definitely I'd like to finish it at some point - it's really fantastic lecture. And as I try to 'educate' my partner about fantasy and science fiction in general probably I'll read with her some of the best stories from genre mostly from anthology Road to Science Fiction edited by James E. Gunn. We've made a few steps down this path and so far have read Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keys and For I Have Touched The Sky by Mike Resnick. I'd like to read some books I've read as teenager not only because it makes me sad no one's read them in years but they are great books which should've not been forgotten - I remember with great fondness Kniejowka by Teodor Goździkiewicz, sadly it is not very popular nowadays.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 11 Dec 2013 04:00

Sadly, while being sarcastic, I did not mention the books I am currently reading.

Game of Thrones Volume III.

Heidegger's Confusions by Paul Edwards

Socratic Puzzles by Nozick ... if you are into philosophy or polsci .... you know this author

And for my sanity
The Teachings of Don Jaun

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 11 Dec 2013 13:49

Rereading The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - "Mark Owen".
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 12 Dec 2013 17:40

Žoldnéři by Tomáš Bartoš - pretty cool SF. If you understand Polish or Czech I definitely recommend it (the only 2 languages you can get it in right now).

Blindsight by Peter Watts is next on my list this week.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 01 Apr 2014 20:13

All Tomorrow's Parties by William Gibson

Amazing stuff.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/