CMUD Mapping

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amorana
Rising Hero

CMUD Mapping

Post by Amorana » 23 Dec 2013 17:26

Hey,

So I've been having an issue I've been trying to work through with CMUD mapper. I have always used ZMUD up until the last month or so, and now that I've switched, the one problem I am having is getting mapping to work correctly in CMUD. I never had an issue using auto config with ZMUD, but when I attempt to do so with CMUD, it basically causes it to be such that:

1. When I enter a room, the exits aren't automatically created.
2. The map ends up lagging behind where I am. So it doesn't draw a room until I'm in the next room.
3. It's putting doors on basically every exit.

Is there anyone out there with a mapper configuration that works pretty well that would be willing to share it?
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Manglor
Rising Hero

Re: CMUD Mapping

Post by Manglor » 23 Dec 2013 19:54

Amorana wrote:Hey,

So I've been having an issue I've been trying to work through with CMUD mapper. I have always used ZMUD up until the last month or so, and now that I've switched, the one problem I am having is getting mapping to work correctly in CMUD. I never had an issue using auto config with ZMUD, but when I attempt to do so with CMUD, it basically causes it to be such that:

2. The map ends up lagging behind where I am. So it doesn't draw a room until I'm in the next room.

Is there anyone out there with a mapper configuration that works pretty well that would be willing to share it?

I don't know what the "proper" way to do it is, but when I am mapping a new area if I type 'who' it updates the room automatically. I get the door problem too, you can remove that on each room easily enough but it's still a pain.

So, move, type 'who' (bound to my 5 numpad key) and it should fix it. Probably works for any other bound button I'm assuming.

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 23 Dec 2013 21:36

Amorana wrote:Hey,

I unchecked the three options after moving in the configuration and just added doors where there are such via edit room.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Einar
Apprentice

Post by Einar » 24 Dec 2013 01:03

To avoid creating door make sure you got unchecked Auto Door creation option at Strings and Doors tab.
Feel free to test my gmcp trigger too - it captures the room name and exits so it should solve problem with
mapper lagging behind and draw the room instantly (almost).
Attachments
mapping_trigger.xml
(589 Bytes) Downloaded 449 times

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/