Maximum skill and imbuements

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Re: Maximum skill and imbuements

Post by Kas » 14 Jan 2014 00:19

Nothing wrong with raidencounters, now is it? Some team working out the tactics defeating a greater challenge is probably a good thing, especially if the entire thing is rewarding beyond just the encounter itself (loot,xp,flags++).

Now, someone pimp up that doll of a balrog, make the encounter worth the groupeffort. :)
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 14 Jan 2014 06:14

Kas wrote:Nothing wrong with raidencounters, now is it? Some team working out the tactics defeating a greater challenge is probably a good thing, especially if the entire thing is rewarding beyond just the encounter itself (loot,xp,flags++).

Now, someone pimp up that doll of a balrog, make the encounter worth the groupeffort. :)
While I'm in agreement with both you and Arcon in regards to team encounters, promoting teamwork to defeat a legendary boss, I don't believe that is what was done, though I wish that was. This is merely a perspective, but it seems certain NPCS became hallmarks of a wizards creation, and they continued to receive buffs to make them harder and harder to kill, or given abilities that are just close to ridiculous in the trend of genesis. Outrageous healing, insane resistances to spells of certain kinds, but when slain none of the armour/weaponry they fork over contains the those resistances.

I enjoy the thrill of a big kill, I enjoy the team attitude when its accomplished and even during the preparation. What I believe what needs to be overhauled is making the game the same for the player as it is for the npc.

If nobody is going to gain natural resistances or have superior guru skills, then NPCs should also follow that guideline unless they were specifically made for a Legendary Kill.
Last edited by Alexi on 15 Jan 2014 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 14 Jan 2014 14:34

Well in that case, I think it's wrong aswell (making it harder and harder to kill only because it's the npc of someone).

Though, is it a trend we have seen in the past, or is it concurring? I may be wrong, but I think it's a thing in the past.

Genesis has currently a single mob(I think) in the category of a "raidencounter", the Balrog. Unfortunately, there are no real incentives
for killing it.

Imagine if it had a random table of gear fitting for everyone (think Onyxia or Ragnaros from WoW. Some day it drops a badass caster ring paired with some random type of weapon), perhaps some imbuements, plats and some rare item starting a quest? I think everyone with access to healers and tankrotations probably would flock to the encounter at a more regular basis then we see now.

Someone pimp the balrog(tm). :D
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 15 Jan 2014 19:40

Kas wrote:Well in that case, I think it's wrong aswell (making it harder and harder to kill only because it's the npc of someone).

Though, is it a trend we have seen in the past, or is it concurring? I may be wrong, but I think it's a thing in the past.

Genesis has currently a single mob(I think) in the category of a "raidencounter", the Balrog. Unfortunately, there are no real incentives
for killing it.

Imagine if it had a random table of gear fitting for everyone (think Onyxia or Ragnaros from WoW. Some day it drops a badass caster ring paired with some random type of weapon), perhaps some imbuements, plats and some rare item starting a quest? I think everyone with access to healers and tankrotations probably would flock to the encounter at a more regular basis then we see now.

Someone pimp the balrog(tm). :D
Definitely a trend of the past, and I would like to think Genesis has progress passed this type of elitest attitude, but that being said a lot of the NPCs still exist in the realms, and perhaps part of the recode of genesis needs to take NPCs into account. If someone is going to have 100% resistances to X magic, then some item they have should be allowing it. Hard to imagine a Fighter class having the ability to heal non-stop, or cast spells when the player population has to join specific guilds (both occupational and layman) to be a fighter/magic user.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 15 Jan 2014 19:43

Alexi wrote:Hard to imagine a Fighter class having the ability to heal non-stop, or cast spells when the player population has to join specific guilds (both occupational and layman) to be a fighter/magic user.
I'll take some of Fael-thas' whitehorns...

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 15 Jan 2014 21:15

Manglor wrote:
Alexi wrote:Hard to imagine a Fighter class having the ability to heal non-stop, or cast spells when the player population has to join specific guilds (both occupational and layman) to be a fighter/magic user.
I'll take some of Fael-thas' whitehorns...
Boy you ain't kidding. I hate having to call for help when I'm decked out in superb gear and I just got rocked and not a dagger to my name.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/