Morrison

All General Board Messages from the game are posted here for visibility. For RP reasons you cannot reply here, but you're very welcome to do so in Sparkle where the actual general board is located.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kiara
Champion

Re: Morrison

Post by Kiara » 24 Jan 2014 22:25

Amorana wrote:
Kiara wrote:Ogre: Non magical weapons have not been tested I think. It would make little sense if they didnt break though?
Not really. Perhaps the magic in that particular spell is limited to reverting magic inside of magical weapons, and thereby destroying them. It would make a lot of sense as a spell limitation to only have it work this way. It would also explain why we're not actively finding pile and piles of broken weapons around mage hunting grounds...
The reasons for not finding piles of equipment could be many though. Maybe the spell is really taxing to cast? Maybe they dont need to cast it to kill the things they hunt?

But there's just one way to find out... one more thing to try... *pant*

Wish a few more people would dare to help!

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 24 Jan 2014 22:28

Kiara,

I was saying that this log shows Mages are not unkillable because Pacal himself stated that if his axe hadn't broken he believed he would have won/made Morrison run. Considering Pacal is a Legend and Morrison is a super-myth, if a similar sized (Irk, Poet, Fade, someone) was similarly stacked like Pacal I think we might have seen a mage die.

I still think this log shows Mages to be killable.

Windemere

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 25 Jan 2014 00:34

Windemere wrote:Kiara,

I was saying that this log shows Mages are not unkillable because Pacal himself stated that if his axe hadn't broken he believed he would have won/made Morrison run. Considering Pacal is a Legend and Morrison is a super-myth, if a similar sized (Irk, Poet, Fade, someone) was similarly stacked like Pacal I think we might have seen a mage die.

I still think this log shows Mages to be killable.

Windemere
Yes, I understand, and agree on that they're certainly beatable.

Theres a big difference in making someone run and killing someone though, that was what I meant. Mages have abilities to actually make KILLS, not just make someone run, which is the best most of us can hope for.

That is, and has generally only been my real big concern since I started this mage event thing and started learning about them. That they can make you unable to escape for a long while, while we have no reasonable chance at doing the opposite unless catching one idle/trap location etc, well the usual (very hard) stuff. While Morrison seemingly just slapped a "no escape" spell on me and that was that. No chance. Stat differences or not, that was just a so very easy kill. Or so it seemed from my perspective at least. If Fade, Poet, Irk etc attacks me in a non-trap location I would just giggle and run and thats the end of that fight no matter how huge they are. Which also is kinda boring I guess... but I just think everyone should have a reasonable way of keeping people from fleeing. OR _none_ should have it. Such abilities are so extremely powerful in PVP, it becomes such a great imbalance to just let a few have them. We've seen this fail plenty of times historically as well...

The chains is so far the one thing I find a little unreasonable. The rest of the mages stuff Ive found seems powerful, but not totally unreasonable. Although both Kas and Celephias has cryptically claimed maybe even those chains can be countered. So we'll see. When we get some type of death back I assume we'll really see how effective mages are in PVP... if they dare turn their threats into reality! So far they have seen perfectly fine with having their city and tower raided, stuff borrowed, and secrets exposed etc!:)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 25 Jan 2014 00:51

Well, regarding raiding the city and the tower, nobody noticed ingame, except for Pacal's post which isn't really that detailed. :D
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 25 Jan 2014 02:21

Kas wrote:Well, regarding raiding the city and the tower, nobody noticed ingame, except for Pacal's post which isn't really that detailed. :D
Thought the "Nazgul are sissies" medallions were proof enough a Kender mind was behind it...:P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/