Armours

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Pasha
Apprentice

Armours

Post by Pasha » 21 Feb 2014 17:42

Greetings all,

Can someone explain do boots or gloves give additional armour class?
Or they serve as feature items which can give bonuses (if any, like magical black boots or boots with imbuements)?

If not - does this mean they are completely useless if bonusless? Does this mean boots of gloves with additional AC imbuements will never affect?

Another question: will file-slay imbuement on boots or gloves work?

Thanks in advance!

Irk
Rising Hero

Re: Armours

Post by Irk » 21 Feb 2014 18:27

they are useless with no bonuses on them.

Maybe work if you are fighting unarmed, but not sure, otherwise they dont work.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 21 Feb 2014 18:43

Did caltrops fall out of favor?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 21 Feb 2014 19:53

Caltrops have been useless for at least 10 years. Too many people threatened to leave the game because of them. Kidding, but I think the issue was having a block skill that the government had no way of taxing

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 21 Feb 2014 20:42

I had a conversation with another player once who believed gloves and boots added to your total AC and were therefore beneficial against some attacks, even though you can't get hurt on the feet or hands and there is no "direct" defensive benefit. Perhaps this is just speculation, however.

I've heard it said that Smiths make the best boots!
Last edited by Habiki on 21 Feb 2014 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 21 Feb 2014 21:33

Even without bonuses there are reasons to wear them...

Acid pools, herbing, etc... They're not entirely useless. But in terms of AC, I am not sure.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 22 Feb 2014 00:42

pasha wrote:Greetings all,

Can someone explain do boots or gloves give additional armour class?
Or they serve as feature items which can give bonuses (if any, like magical black boots or boots with imbuements)?

If not - does this mean they are completely useless if bonusless? Does this mean boots of gloves with additional AC imbuements will never affect?

Another question: will file-slay imbuement on boots or gloves work?

Thanks in advance!

Some boots that give some def, but all guilds have the same def today... sneak boots still around? A pair of gloves that give speed, one pair that gives unarmed combat and some more. Sadly gloves and boots are mainly used to unbreakable imbuement items, well unless you step in acid, dont do that btw :P

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 12 Mar 2014 10:47

It really depends on the boots or gloves you choose some give skill bonuses, like climbing or stat bonuses like dex. but gloves will always be useful if you ever "get all" after combat in a place where people drop poison ivy/sumac or other contact poisons.

or if you accept gifts. someone was killed due to a person handing them a poison moss. boots are a must when fighting draconians. (acid pools)

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 30 Aug 2014 05:28

The colonel in LoD is one fight they are useful.

There are others.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/