The Cult of Chemosh

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: The Cult of Chemosh

Post by gorboth » 21 Feb 2014 12:07

Update:
  • Resumed my interest in this project which has been on hold since precisely this time last year.
  • Results from the Necro Thanksgiving Event to be incorporated into guild lore.
  • Spent time examining key objects of code and reviewing documentation.
  • Loving what I'm seeing, and looking forward to getting back to work.
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 22 Feb 2014 21:09

Update:
  • Completed the combat descriptions for all the different racial forms of zombie minions, including:
    • Basic special attacks
    • Medium special attacks
    • Advanced special attacks
    • Stun abilities
    • Evade abilities
    • Crowd Control taunts
  • Began development of actual implementation of all such text into working specials
Also, just so people don't worry that necromancers will be getting all of these powers with their minions - no, it will depend on specialization choices, giving you the chance to choose a limited number of the available abilities to train in your zombie forces.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Ormtunga
Novice

Post by Ormtunga » 23 Feb 2014 22:06

This looks like a really cool guild gorboth. It seems to be progressing nicely. Do you have any rough idea how much work is left for you and when this can be introduced to the realm? I understand it might be a really hard question :)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 23 Feb 2014 22:51

I daren't give give any release date, but I will say that it took me about 3 months to complete the Merc guild from start to finish, working very hard and very steadily. I have less left with this guild than I did from start to finish with the Mercs. This is a vastly more complex guild than the mercs, though.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 01 Mar 2014 15:55

Update:
  • Special attack cosmetics completed for all potential races in the game.
  • Initial balance review process re-initiated with Petros.
A few other things to make everyone aware of from the start. I am trying something very different with this guild. It will come with a stat cap. Yes, that means exactly what it says. The Necromancer guild will be for people who are interested not in grinding for stats, but in having a total blast *being* a necromancer and controlling armies and areas with their unholy powers. PvP potentials will be far less direct and obvious than what most guilds afford currently. Necromancers will be completely slaughtered if they try to fight even the least of the pvp-talented guilds. However, with time, research, tireless work, and careful planning, a Necromancer might find they can utterly beguile and terrorize an entire nation.

Concepts to ponder!
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 02 Mar 2014 01:13

Fascinating *spock icon* :)

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 06 Jul 2014 12:53

gorboth wrote:Update:
  • Special attack cosmetics completed for all potential races in the game.
  • Initial balance review process re-initiated with Petros.
A few other things to make everyone aware of from the start. I am trying something very different with this guild. It will come with a stat cap. Yes, that means exactly what it says. The Necromancer guild will be for people who are interested not in grinding for stats, but in having a total blast *being* a necromancer and controlling armies and areas with their unholy powers. PvP potentials will be far less direct and obvious than what most guilds afford currently. Necromancers will be completely slaughtered if they try to fight even the least of the pvp-talented guilds. However, with time, research, tireless work, and careful planning, a Necromancer might find they can utterly beguile and terrorize an entire nation.

Concepts to ponder!
G.
Sounds great! :)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 28 Aug 2014 10:38

Update:

Summer has come and gone. I find myself with time again, and have resumed work. I have completed numerous aspects of the Tactics Tree, including zombie abilities to assist their master, assist one another, and to move-behind one another in rotation to favor the zombie with the greatest remaining hitpoints on the team as tank (like the orcs in Emyn Arnen.) Numerous Tactic Tree powers remain to be coded, but these were some of the more complex to tackle.

Reminder: The abilities you see me list are not necessarily things all Necromancers will be able to teach to their minions. It will rely on which research trees a given Necromancer chooses to study and specialize in that allows him to bestow powers from a given tree to minions.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 30 Aug 2014 05:30

Give up myth status? Peesha!!!

Or perhaps you will have such cool necromancer titles all of us will die to get in.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 30 Aug 2014 17:31

Well ... this is one of the top ones planned:

Code: Select all

Ydred the Accursed, Necrolord Eternal of the Cult of Chemosh, male archlich.
And a stat-cap doesn't mean a power cap. If anything, it acts as a method to create balance to various power ideas.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/