"unused" Descriptor

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amorana
Rising Hero

"unused" Descriptor

Post by Amorana » 01 Mar 2014 17:55

Would it be possible to add a descriptor to the game called "unused" that would essentially combine the descriptors "unwielded" and "unworn"? And perhaps even another called "equipment" or some such, that combined the words "armour(s)" and "weapon(s)"?

I sometimes find myself wanting to describe both unwielded and unworn items in a command simultaneously. It would be nice if there was a word or two that could succinctly do so.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Mumon
Wanderer

Re: "unused" Descriptor

Post by Mumon » 03 Mar 2014 11:37

+1

I've done at least one sysidea about this myself.

/M

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 03 Mar 2014 12:55

You can use "items" in place of "equipment", it works with both unwielded and unworn preposition.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 03 Mar 2014 23:26

Zhar wrote:You can use "items" in place of "equipment", it works with both unwielded and unworn preposition.
Fair enough. However, if I type "unworn items" it also gives me every spammy piece of club gear that is wearable too. It would be nice if items that were legitimate non-guild/club/society/whathaveyou gear inherited a descriptor of equipment to help filter out all of the guild items.

Additionally, I'd love it if "imbued" items had an inherited descriptor "imbued".

Thereby I could type "examine unused imbued equipment" and only get the list of unworn/unwielded imbued armours and weapons I am carrying.

Similarly, I could type "put unused imbued equipment in pack" in a kill trigger where I loot such items, and not have to have a spam multiple variations (or have a scripted trigger that accounts for multiple variations) of exotic/peculiar/unusual unworn/unwielded armour/weapons.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 05 Mar 2014 18:58

Amorana wrote:Additionally, I'd love it if "imbued" items had an inherited descriptor "imbued".

Thereby I could type "examine unused imbued equipment" and only get the list of unworn/unwielded imbued armours and weapons I am carrying.

Similarly, I could type "put unused imbued equipment in pack" in a kill trigger where I loot such items, and not have to have a spam multiple variations (or have a scripted trigger that accounts for multiple variations) of exotic/peculiar/unusual unworn/unwielded armour/weapons.
I agree, and I usually do 'exa unworn/unwielded unusual items' to make up for the (lack of) functionality.

Jhael
Adept

Post by Jhael » 05 Mar 2014 19:06

Code: Select all

You killed <the dude>.
>get unusual items from corpse
>get peculiar items from corpse
>get exotic items from corpse
Get what?
Get what?
Get what?
How nice would it be to just see

Code: Select all

You killed <the dude>.
>get imbued items from corpse
Get what?
So much less spam :D

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 05 Mar 2014 19:37

Totally reasonable idea, this. I've added "imbued" as an examinable adjective to all imbuements from now on. I just tested it and it worked fine. It'll be live for any imbuements spawned as of the time I write this note, but will not be globally applied until the next army.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 05 Mar 2014 20:03

gorboth wrote:Totally reasonable idea, this. I've added "imbued" as an examinable adjective to all imbuements from now on. I just tested it and it worked fine. It'll be live for any imbuements spawned as of the time I write this note, but will not be globally applied until the next army.

G.
*praise*

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 05 Mar 2014 20:08

gorboth wrote:Totally reasonable idea, this. I've added "imbued" as an examinable adjective to all imbuements from now on. I just tested it and it worked fine. It'll be live for any imbuements spawned as of the time I write this note, but will not be globally applied until the next army.

G.
Excellent! I for one really appreciate this!

I'd still love at least the "unused" descriptor if possible, as it would cut down even more, but this is definitely a huge help in cutting out trigger spam!

Jhael
Adept

Post by Jhael » 05 Mar 2014 20:10

G.
Nice! Thanks Gorbie. <3

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/