Setting up Automapper in CMUD or zMUD

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Caw
Beginner

Re: Setting up Automapper in CMUD or zMUD

Post by Caw » 15 Feb 2014 13:23

Sorry, I did see that post and probably should have piggy backed off of it. I had been trying to use Earth's advice in this most recent attempt to get it working and without realizing how old the post was just replied to it.

Jhael
Adept

Post by Jhael » 15 Feb 2014 21:02

Caw wrote:Sorry, I did see that post and probably should have piggy backed off of it. I had been trying to use Earth's advice in this most recent attempt to get it working and without realizing how old the post was just replied to it.
:D Just giving you a hard time. That post is pretty recent though, and probably has the most up to date info on the situation ... all 4? posts on it.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 12 Mar 2014 11:09

i pritty much play with brief on. and hit "Look" or "l" if brief was not enough to map.
there are some places i have to put the squares/links in manually.

for boats what i do is i make the exit word "disembark" then i move the square to the other contenent map and merge it with the dock. that way when i get off the boat it moves me to the new map.

hope this helps. :P

Caw
Beginner

Post by Caw » 12 Mar 2014 17:41

Thanks guys, I was able to get it working. The xml file Einar posted in the other thread did the trick the second time I tried it. I have even been able to get it working so my mapper follows when someone else is leading, though that part still has some bugs to work out when it comes do non directional exits.

Over all it was definitely worth the effort Cmud runs so much smoother then Zmud did.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/