Genesis on Google+

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Genesis on Google+

Post by Cherek » 29 Mar 2014 20:18

For those of you who use Google+, please help out by following, "+1"-ing, and sharing the Genesis Google+ page. Cotillion has already proved that just a small post there bumped up our new player numbers by over 500% compared to the day before. So, it definitely works.

Here's our page:
https://plus.google.com/+GenesismudOrg/

Sharing is easy! Like someone named Nike would have said - Just do it!

Zhar
Wizard

Re: Genesis on Google+

Post by Zhar » 30 Mar 2014 01:33

Pity I opted out from G+ some time ago because I couldn't stand the spam...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 19 Jan 2015 20:46

Why isn't Genesis on LinkedIn?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 20 Jan 2015 02:05

Zhar wrote:Why isn't Genesis on LinkedIn?
Because nobody has thought about putting it there.:)

I don't use LinkedIn myself, thought it was a place where you connect with people about jobs... didn't even know you could be there as a game? So uh... how does it work? What can it do for us?

If you think its useful, and if you want to the work and put us there, and keep us up to date, and do.. whatever you do there (likes? follow people, etc?), to get something useful out of it, you're more than welcome to. Just let me know what type on info/graphics you need.

We could also be on Instagram, Pinterest and a ton of other places... if we have some social media guru here, who wants to be responsible for social media promotion, let me know! That would be very useful.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 20 Jan 2015 10:16

Well, there's planty of oldschool geeks and programmers there. I've noticed you can add some organizations there so thought maybe we could add Genesis too. I'll check it out.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 20 Jan 2015 13:05

Zhar wrote:Well, there's planty of oldschool geeks and programmers there. I've noticed you can add some organizations there so thought maybe we could add Genesis too. I'll check it out.
Cool. Do that!

Boreaulam
Wizard

Post by Boreaulam » 21 Jan 2015 08:57

I even will put myself as coder in Genesis :)

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 21 Jan 2015 11:39

Boreaulam wrote:I even will put myself as coder in Genesis :)
This could actually be awesome if you could add it in the "volunteering" field. I'll dig into that.

Well, I believe I won't be able to do it:

Requirements for Adding a Company Page
Adding a Company Page

So, someone like G or Tapakah would have to do it. The cool thing there is that if you have a company page you can post volunteering opportunities (and find more wizzards!).

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Jan 2015 12:28

Zhar wrote:
Boreaulam wrote:I even will put myself as coder in Genesis :)
This could actually be awesome if you could add it in the "volunteering" field. I'll dig into that.

Well, I believe I won't be able to do it:

Requirements for Adding a Company Page
Adding a Company Page

So, someone like G or Tapakah would have to do it. The cool thing there is that if you have a company page you can post volunteering opportunities (and find more wizzards!).
Interesting. About posting volunteering opportunities.

How come you can't do it btw? Not sure whats there that stops you? If it's the email thing we can fix that. Didn't find anything else in those links that would stop you really?

I think what stops me is that I doubt I have enough "profile strength" (whatever that is), and I don't think I have more than a handful connections. I joined years ago and then haven't logged in since really. I also think that it would be best if someone who's actually using LinkedIn themselves is the one handling our page there.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 24 Jan 2015 14:35

Well, my profile says "Expert" level and I do have some connections over there. Hook me up with genesis e-mail and I can do it for you (will leave profile login/pass info with the admins so that others have access if necessary).

Other stuff I'll need:
- genesis logo
- basic info to fill out (location?)

I'll let you know if anything else arises that could make it better.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/