Let's Start Over

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Read the stuff below. The way to go?

Do it!
35%
Don't do it!
65%

Total votes: 31

Felt
Greenhorne

Let's Start Over

Post by Felt » 04 Apr 2014 18:43

So here's an idea.

It's Genesis' "Anniversary." Great. Let's do something big. Let's get it right this time. The current community is really old, entrenched, and unhappy for about 100 reasons, most of which stem from the slow and organic growth of many huge old characters in a changing game design over two decades. If we're about to get a bunch of new players, what sort of community do they have the chance to meet? One that is old and grumpy and can't figure out how to be happy again, and a bunch of wizards who have been trying for years to chase the needs of these players who are pushing the boundaries of a design that was never meant to have to deal with them.

So lets start over. Lets relaunch the game. Wipe all the players. Close all the guilds. Everyone starts new with equal footing, and no Irk-train to jump on for huge bloated exp that you shouldn't even have access to. Two guild options: cadets or academics. Until you become a champion. The first champion gets to be the first Calian or Dragonarmy member. Then, they open the guild to others and get to be the boss. Keep doing this for all the rest of the guilds, slowly opening them when we get enough players to enjoy them and still feel like a group that can exist together. Right now we have 20 guilds with 1 active player. We need 1 guild with 20 active players.

Also, if we do this restart, we can restart some of the old things that got messed up and ruined along the way. Redo quests, make them actually balanced against eachother so one that is really hard doesn't give you 2 (made-up number!!!) exp and one that is easy 1 million. Also, get rid of the titles like "myth" and such that make you want to have to climb that horrible soft-cap to infinity. Go back to what we had with the old "champion" title.

Imagine how much fun it would be to have to actually compete for some things again. That splendid sword might actually matter again. Maybe you actually feel special for killing Mergula or the Yeti rather than just another grind point for the day.

Player wipe. Reset it all, and fix the problems in the meanwhile. I'd give up my old character(s) to have a game filled with life again. Would you?

Kvator
Champion

Re: Let's Start Over

Post by Kvator » 04 Apr 2014 19:09

making new account on forum just to write this post? wtf

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Apr 2014 19:25

I think we'd lose just about every member of our existing community. Probably way too risky.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 04 Apr 2014 19:38

Restart of the game and a player wipe will not fix the minds that caused the problems along the way.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 04 Apr 2014 20:09

Even though I'm a strong proponent of some drastic measures, this is too radical even for my tastes.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 04 Apr 2014 20:51

I would rather explore the idea of making questing optional, and don't let brute kick in until myth.

Blizzard even recently concluded that instead of letting returing/old/new players thread through alot of old content levels to prepare for new content, they give the new ones/old returning to bump right up on par(level 90), preparing for the new content on equal fields (else, people simply wouldn't bother to thread through the old and boring shit just to reach the new content).
Last edited by Kas on 04 Apr 2014 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 Apr 2014 20:58

Kas wrote:I would rather explore the idea of making questing optional, and don't let brute kick in until myth.

Yes. Quests are prolly a huge factor for us not keeping more than like 1 in 1000 newbies

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 05 Apr 2014 00:37

make quest solutions public - on web page

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 05 Apr 2014 09:28

Kvator wrote:make quest solutions public - on web page
Remember we do have http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/w/page ... not-quite)
Not quite the full quest solutions but an expansion on what is in the quest orbs.

Ragni

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 05 Apr 2014 14:56

yep, but this is what I WANT TO see:

[Outright quest runthrough text removed -Moderator]

:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/