New Skill

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

New Skill

Post by Bromen » 01 Apr 2010 07:01

There are many magic ways to increase healing. There's also the increase in healing by drinking alcohol...

How about a first aid skill?

Put bandages up for sale in general shops.

For me, its a basic skill that all fantasy games should have.

-B

Rhynox
Titan

Re: New Skill

Post by Rhynox » 01 Apr 2010 18:30

Yes, bring the bandages back! :twisted:

Otaril
Beginner

Post by Otaril » 03 Apr 2010 17:16

enough with spells and divine intervention in healing! i demand witch-doctors!
otaril would make a fine witch-doctor.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 03 Apr 2010 20:26

Otaril wrote:enough with spells and divine intervention in healing! i demand witch-doctors!
otaril would make a fine witch-doctor.
Close PoT and DAs, and give us... Knights of Takhisis :) Oh yea baby!

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 03 Apr 2010 21:51

If they made herbs usable to a decent degree again this would all be moot.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 03 Apr 2010 23:08

What would be usable? One herb every 15 seconds? Making herbs heal twice what they do now (except skunk berries, they work different than one-time healings)? Make you be able to eat more herbs at lower levels of health?

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 03 Apr 2010 23:28

Mersereau wrote:If they made herbs usable to a decent degree again this would all be moot.
Making herbs more "usable" would make a guild like the Gardeners of Gont no longer qualified to be a craft guild. The only reason they were allowed to be a craft guild was because of the limitations put in for herb consumption. That would be going against our goals to expand crafting in general. We are aiming for more crafts, not less.

Interestingly, there was a layman guild some time back which focused on first aid. It had an early form of bandages (a bit similar to the bandages two years ago). Unfortunately, the wizard who coded it never completed it.

Knuffel
Wanderer

Post by Knuffel » 04 Apr 2010 09:00

petros wrote:
Mersereau wrote:If they made herbs usable to a decent degree again this would all be moot.
Making herbs more "usable" would make a guild like the Gardeners of Gont no longer qualified to be a craft guild. The only reason they were allowed to be a craft guild was because of the limitations put in for herb consumption. That would be going against our goals to expand crafting in general. We are aiming for more crafts, not less.
Why would making herbs "more usable" be against craftsmenship per definition ?

I would assume that people by nature are only interested in a craft if they also can get any return of investement in it that is not pure intellectual, and do it not just for the pleasure of it. When one invests in becoming a gardener or a mariner, one does not only enjoy the herbal or sea live, but hopes to get some return out of its craft that is beyond the pure enjoyement of herbs or seaviews.

In the case of herbs, herbmasters do give a good price for it.
Now, a good price is most of the time, a good price for something usefull.
So if the use of herbs would be more usable, so certain herbs can be eaten together, or different herbs do not block each other, would that then not qualify as more usable, and at the same time not oppose the craftsmenship of the gardeners.

I am not saying anything needs to change, I was just curious why "more" usable would oppose the crafts type of guilds.

My 2cc.
K.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 04 Apr 2010 09:07

With the bandages I did solo the big troll in ME in a few minutes. He had the nasty club which did not help him.

FOREVER
in
fight
IF troll dies ; BREAK
out
heal up VERY fast with a few bandages
ENDFOR

Events like that must be prevented.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 05 Apr 2010 22:04

petros wrote:

Interestingly, there was a layman guild some time back which focused on first aid. It had an early form of bandages (a bit similar to the bandages two years ago). Unfortunately, the wizard who coded it never completed it.
Its good to see the gardeners as an option.
The balance of which guilds got herbalism and which did not IS still very questionable.
Why should one race guild get very nice herbalism and not another?
Why should any guild for that matter.

Yes herbs are the bread and butter of the caster guilds.
But some melee guilds get it and others don't.
No real rules being followed, nothing that clear in the theme.

On the herbs being usable. I was very much in favour of the "flower should not be mightier than the sword" campaign. Which supported the idea that insta heal via herbs was bad in terms of believabilty and gameplay. Certain herb monster players being considered unkillable, RH defeating 3 myths easily etc

To move backwards now makes me more aprehensive than anything else.
I think healing should not change.
It is already very powerful to take time based healers + the best burst healing herbs.
Makes it possible to solo things you otherwise couldn't or sustain power grinding.

There may be room in other areas EG resistances/buffs
because the majority of players have horrible tracking skill I would love to be able to boost it significantly with herb x
Making herb X stronger could be one option.

But being able to have other means of getting the resistances and buffs than eating flowers would also be welcome.
(Enter the alchemists and the enchanters...)

Overall on the herb front things are much better now than they were before the change.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/