BUG: trigger/alias scrolling

Report bugs and suggest new features for the web client here.

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Keltar
Wanderer

BUG: trigger/alias scrolling

Post by Keltar » 12 May 2014 22:55

I have more then 23 triggers, and it impossible to scroll down/up to edit them.
I use firefox 29.0.1

Yanus
Adventurer

Re: BUG: trigger/alias scrolling

Post by Yanus » 13 May 2014 03:07

Last edited by Yanus on 30 May 2014 01:27, edited 1 time in total.

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 13 May 2014 10:09

I added some more stuff and can scroll up/down fine but there is one slight thing, a bit annoying.
The add new trigger/alias button text blends with the trigger/alias name
So I have to try and click on it to read the pattern and it is quite hard to do that

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 14 May 2014 13:13

Also as I mentioned scrolling works fine but it scrolls everything down which is not good
There should be 2 scrolling controls - one for the left window where all the triggers/aliases names are
the other one for the right window, should I have a really long trigger/alias defined

Right now to copy alias 29 to alias 30 with some slight changes I have to
click add, scroll down to select the alias to copy from, scroll up to copy the contents, scroll down to select new alias, scroll up to paste contents
a bit too much scrolling...

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 14 May 2014 13:22

Hopefully Eowul will be back some day to fix this, he's better at GUI than me.
I'll see if I can make it a bit more useable i the meantime...

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 21 May 2014 22:27

cotillion wrote:Hopefully Eowul will be back some day to fix this, he's better at GUI than me.
Does one have to become a wizard to work on the web client ?
Since I use it almost exclusively, and like it very much and would like it to improve, perhaps there is a way to contribute with code ?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 May 2014 01:01

Keltar wrote:
cotillion wrote:Hopefully Eowul will be back some day to fix this, he's better at GUI than me.
Does one have to become a wizard to work on the web client ?
Since I use it almost exclusively, and like it very much and would like it to improve, perhaps there is a way to contribute with code ?
I will let Gorboth, or perhaps more likely Cotillion, answer your actual question since I dont have anything to do with client development.

However, there is something regarding the client you could help me out with immediately if you want to. I've redesigned our webpage to make it a little more "modern-looking", and a little more easy to navigate. There is one "how-to" section that lists some basic mud commands, and it is supposed to also contain information on basic client usage. But that section is currently empty, mainly since I myself havent really used our client except for testing purposes, and I think it would be best if a player who's actually been using it a lot in real game situations could help out by writing a brief little guide on how to use it. Like explaining the concept of triggers/aliases/coloring etc, and how to set up basic stuff that we all take for granted, but that someone who tries a text game for the first time would be clueless about.

If you're interested, contact me in-game or by PM here. I have a more detailed "job description" to send you if you're up for it. But dont worry, it's nothing lengthy or complex, if you're using the client all the time I am sure you would be able to make this happen in no-time. And it would be a very important job since it's something a truly new player would be very likely to read first, and it would also more or less complete the content part of the new webpage.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/