Connection indicator

Report bugs and suggest new features for the web client here.

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Jhael
Adept

Connection indicator

Post by Jhael » 23 May 2014 01:46

I've never used the web client, but I just happened to open it and poke around the client itself a little and noticed 1 teenie, tiny bug.

The connection indicator in the bottom right of the screen, next to the settings button, displays backwards.

When I am connected, the two plugs are not together. When I click the button to disconnect, they are plugged together.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Connection indicator

Post by Cherek » 23 May 2014 05:37

Jhael wrote:I've never used the web client, but I just happened to open it and poke around the client itself a little and noticed 1 teenie, tiny bug.

The connection indicator in the bottom right of the screen, next to the settings button, displays backwards.

When I am connected, the two plugs are not together. When I click the button to disconnect, they are plugged together.
I think that is the idea and not a bug. When you are connected the button shows "tap here to disconnect". When you are disconnected the button says "tap here to connect". But you can of course also interpret it like you did. If I am not mistaken similar buttons in many games and other applications do it as we do it with the client, but many also do it "your way". I guess it's a situation where neither way is wrong, just depends on how you see it. I think the current way makes the most sense though, since when you are connected I think most users would be looking for a disconnect-button, not a connect button?

Jhael
Adept

Re: Connection indicator

Post by Jhael » 23 May 2014 05:58

Cherek wrote:
Jhael wrote:I've never used the web client, but I just happened to open it and poke around the client itself a little and noticed 1 teenie, tiny bug.

I think that is the idea and not a bug. When you are connected the button shows "tap here to disconnect". When you are disconnected the button says "tap here to connect". But you can of course also interpret it like you did. If I am not mistaken similar buttons in many games and other applications do it as we do it with the client, but many also do it "your way". I guess it's a situation where neither way is wrong, just depends on how you see it. I think the current way makes the most sense though, since when you are connected I think most users would be looking for a disconnect-button, not a connect button?
Ahh, see I hadn't considered it that way. Fair enough.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/