Let's Start Over

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Read the stuff below. The way to go?

Do it!
35%
Don't do it!
65%

Total votes: 31

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Let's Start Over

Post by gorboth » 05 Apr 2014 16:29

We've actually been doing something, Kvator, that would suffice instead of providing outright quest runthroughs as part of the official game. We are considering various methods of removing the need for players who hate questing to complete quests to be able to compete for stats in an even manner. Obviously, this would involve some change to the concept of brutality and how it is tied to both questing and experience gain upon kill.

Stay tuned ...
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 05 Apr 2014 17:02

dunno why my post got moderated tbh lol

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 05 Apr 2014 17:49

Kvator wrote:dunno why my post got moderated tbh lol
Game policy. If we allow even one full quest walkthrough to be posted then we have to allow all of them. Not in line with the current plans.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 06 Apr 2014 11:20

cool!

Titan

Post by Avatar » 28 Apr 2014 09:52

Wow, just WOW.

The stat change back in the day, was what turned me off the game. SO yes, by all means. Wipe the playerbase completely, as I'm sure people will just return and start again.

This is just.....wow.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 18 Oct 2014 22:04

To be completely honest the idea of a player wipe isn't without merit. Does it suck? Yeah but if done right could bring a lot of actual new people to the game. I wouldn't suggest doing this until the brute system/recodes are done though.

Promote the player wipe like crazy a week or two before on MUD boards, Facebook etc. Nothing more attractive to Veteran Mudders then knowing they have a shot at being number one before anyone else on a game thats already polished. While a few may leave I bet the overall outcome would outweigh the few lost who will probably come back once they see an average of 70+ people online at all times again. Genesis wouldn't be the first MUD to use this idea which by the way is already proven to succeed.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 18 Oct 2014 23:56

This would not solve:
1. wizards having their pets (both guilds and chars) which they cherish above other content
2. multi-alters pretending the RP is what they seek, while it's actally drama and spoiling the game for others that they thrill for
3. people who know how to use the game's mechanics to it's full potential getting ahead of others - this is the current situation and was already for ... decades?
4. RL friends before others attitude combined with point 2.

So what WOULD it solve?!?!?

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 19 Oct 2014 00:46

Laurel wrote:This would not solve:
1. wizards having their pets (both guilds and chars) which they cherish above other content
2. multi-alters pretending the RP is what they seek, while it's actally drama and spoiling the game for others that they thrill for
3. people who know how to use the game's mechanics to it's full potential getting ahead of others - this is the current situation and was already for ... decades?
4. RL friends before others attitude combined with point 2.

So what WOULD it solve?!?!?
1. Been done for years, just get use to it
2. Been done for years, just get use to it
3. Been done for years, just get use to it
4. Been done for years, just get use to it

Look all of this is stuff that is not going to go away, if it hasn't by now don't expect it to. Theres been many obvious cases of OOC info being used in game by the so called "EliteRP" guilds and game mechanics by certain players. If they haven't been punished in the 20+ years they wont be in the next 20 either. Ignore it and look for other ways to enjoy the game I guess. And honestly none of what you've said is anything any other game be it graphical or non doesn't have to go through as well. Laurel, neither of us are good at kissing ass. Leave that to those who are and find other ways to enjoy the game.

What does a player wipe bring?

Actual new people who wish to be apart of the first to reach top tier levels which above all else is what Genesis really needs. With new players comes fresh ideas, possibly more people interested in becoming wizards, new guild masters and more interaction due to a higher player base. It could essentially bring a breath of fresh air back into the game. Genesis as it stands has stagnated, most of this is because of all the recodes and new changes that are being implemented. Im not saying within the next week wipe everyone but from a promotional stand point I cant think of a better way to attract new faces unless you throw money at them.

This also allows for many more options to be implemented before people get use to the system as it is now, bringing back a stat cap, changing the death penalty etc. Allows for us to decide on what Genesis will focus on. Many want more RP but the only changes are to things that effect PvM and PvP. As it is now Genesis cannot be qualified as a RP mud, it is a PvP Mud.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 19 Oct 2014 01:19

Player wipe would result in the following:

90% of current players being upset and not wanting to start from scratch and leaving the game to do other things.
10% of players playing (remember 10% is 5 people-ish) and we end up with Demonsgate where those 5 uber script and wizards leave the game to slowly die.
0 new players because with low population will be hard for people to want to stick around.

Rather then alienate the people who play the game currently, why not think of fresh ideas (Player wipe has been thrown around a lot) like the quest reform proposal. I personally think that the game is running pretty well. I enjoy it. I get annoyed at things sometimes, but over all I have fun. If I stop having fun, I take a break and come back refreshed.

Player wipe in my opinion would spell the death of Genesis.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 19 Oct 2014 06:15

Windemere wrote:Player wipe would result in the following:

90% of current players being upset and not wanting to start from scratch and leaving the game to do other things.
10% of players playing (remember 10% is 5 people-ish) and we end up with Demonsgate where those 5 uber script and wizards leave the game to slowly die.
0 new players because with low population will be hard for people to want to stick around.

Rather then alienate the people who play the game currently, why not think of fresh ideas (Player wipe has been thrown around a lot) like the quest reform proposal. I personally think that the game is running pretty well. I enjoy it. I get annoyed at things sometimes, but over all I have fun. If I stop having fun, I take a break and come back refreshed.

Player wipe in my opinion would spell the death of Genesis.
Eh, I've seen quite a few MUD's do player wipes and it's always brought in more then they lost. 100+ Players Online, 70 Players Online, 50 Players Online, 30 Players Online... seems to me death is already knocking.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/