Neidar Clan

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Irk
Rising Hero

Neidar Clan

Post by Irk » 19 Oct 2014 22:57

I see there is no topic about the Clan, so now is :D

However i still wonder, why warriors of the Neidar Clan cant become evil and use chop. We are neutral guild and can choose our path. Nowhere i found info that we should be on good path. This subject was discussed many times, but to this day nothing has changed :(
Fortunately Arman is back so i see light in the end :D

Windemere
Expert

Re: Neidar Clan

Post by Windemere » 20 Oct 2014 02:19

The Neidar can possible be consider neutral, but never evil.

Dwarves follow a code of honor that places them on the good side of neutral in every fantasy realm unless they are "dark dwarves". The Neidar Dwarves are certainly not dark dwarves. It is not within the RP of a dwarf to be considered evil and that's why they can't use chop when they are.

Though we've had long discussions on this form of the purpose of Good and Evil since a DA would see themselves as good and Knights as evil and vice-versa. Typically though, alignment has been based on real world perceptions of actions of fantasy realm characters. What would be considered evil in the real world is typically what is considered evil in fantasy realms.

Then you get into the discussion of Lawful Evil vs Chaotic Evil, etc... but that's a bit more detailed.

Suffice it to say, Neidar in fantasy realms would always be considered on the good side of neutral.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 20 Oct 2014 05:39

Windemere wrote: Dwarves follow a code of honor that places them on the good side of neutral in every fantasy realm unless they are "dark dwarves". The Neidar Dwarves are certainly not dark dwarves. It is not within the RP of a dwarf to be considered evil and that's why they can't use chop when they are.

1. He never cared about honor
2. He never cared about RP
3. He just wants to be able to have less of a hassle when teaming with a certain member of the Dragonarmies

And aye Windy has a point, infact the duergar are enemies of the Clan themewise

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 20 Oct 2014 08:23

Irk + DA team would be kinda crazy to see.

-B

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 20 Oct 2014 10:00

Draugor wrote: 1. He never cared about honor
so much emotions because of some letters on the screen...pretty sad tbh.

HODOR!

and about the topic: in the Dragonlance dwarves were on the good side during the war (Flint Fireforge who was Neidar was actually one of the 'heroes of the lance') so that should be the answer.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 20 Oct 2014 10:05

Draugor if you have nothing to say, better stay quiet.

I dont see problem to be evil aligned and act with honor.
We will be always neutral, but all neutral guilds can use all options on good and evil aligned, but somehow we cannot.
And no, i dont want to team with certain DA member :lol: i have more enough other alts to team with :P

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 20 Oct 2014 15:05

Remember that guilds are coded along the basis of some sort of history/story.

Yes there are other neutral guilds that can use their abilities when they are evil. They have that built into the story and it makes sense RP wise. In the case of Neidar it does not make sense based on who the Neidar clan is nor the lore that they are coded on for them to be evil. Thus your abilities, hardcoded in, do not function when you are.

Whatever the reasons for the request it doesn't make thematic sense. If you'd like to use abilities at evil then I'd suggest joining an actually neutral guild. There are a few.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 20 Oct 2014 15:11

but on the other hand I do believe Neidars+AA lay combo should be acceptable (especially when monks use it and that doesn't match even more RP-wise)

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 20 Oct 2014 15:26

Well, whether it makes sense for Monks to do it or not, they are able to because of being a truly neutral guild. AA could never be good, and so you'd have to let Neidar be able to use abilities at evil, which doesn't make sense.

The RP for Neidar/AA also isn't there in my opinion. Though I suppose you could argue it if you really tried just like Monk/AA. It's like DA/AA that doesn't reakky work RP-wise either. I don't think Sauron or Takhisis would be happy about it :P

Lots of RP inconsistencies in the realms.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 20 Oct 2014 16:42

Kvator wrote:but on the other hand I do believe Neidars+AA lay combo should be acceptable (especially when monks use it and that doesn't match even more RP-wise)
Considering the hatred the Neidar Clan has (or are supposed to have at least) towards goblin/ogres and minotaurs I have a hard time seeing any Neidar dwarf joining an army that is mostly based on goblins and orcs.

But then again there isn't a Neidar Clan member that seem to care about that anyway.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/