Neidar Clan

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Windemere
Expert

Re: Neidar Clan

Post by Windemere » 21 Oct 2014 17:41

I have a major issue with joining a team with Dragonarmies,

Neidar were enemies with the Dragonarmies in Krynn. They allied against them to fight back their forces and stop their spread. Essentially you want to rewrite the history of Dragonlance within Genesis so you can team with DA. Again, that's fine, but we might as well just all do whatever we want. Why not have Rangers join AA to hunt Mages. Or Knights can join up with Dragonarmies to fight against Neidar.

Heck, let's have MM and SCOP join up together to hunt down everyone else.

It just seems a bit odd to me to go so far away from the RP of the Neidar Dwarves. I'm all for you doing what you feel is best, but you won't be RPing the Neidar at least during the timeline.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 21 Oct 2014 17:52

were enemies? still are :P
I dont want to double posts, so read again previous.

Remember that RP means to role adequately to current situation, not how it was in the book, it is only basis. Players can change it, thanks to it game can be more interesting or hell. All depends to us.

If we keep so hard rules from books, why Knights cancel alliance? it wasnt RP-wise, but they did it.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 21 Oct 2014 17:59

Not that I really want to see a bunch of Neidar and DA teaming, but I'm agreeing with Irk. Sure the current timeline may set the Neidar joining the Knights, but again as time is frozen players should be able to steer the guild in the direction they want. Certain things to remember though, the Valar would strike the Rangers down should they stray from the path. As there is no Paladine currently active the Knights "Could" do whatever they wanted but to a Knight the Code is everything so I doubt that would ever happen. You're brainwashed from the get go, Scops also have a higher power they follow and would feel the backlash from straying.

The Neidar however could do... whatever they please. My Kyrnn knowledge is a bit lacking so not sure how Rhyorx*? would feel about that though.

Knights and the DA's have had several treaties, which goes directly against any lore... soo...

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 21 Oct 2014 18:46

Knights treaties only involve outside the lands of Krynn,

Krynn is fair game for fighting between Knights and Dragonarmies because of the lore. We often fight with them on the plains when conquering areas. Krynn is essentially in a constant state of war within the War of the lance. Krynn's timeline is not 'frozen' though. It starts before the War of the Lance and runs forward in time to the War of the Lance and then rolls over back to the beginning again. It does progress forward. The war of the lance never "ends" its more like Krynn is always just about to be in the war, then it is in war, then back to the beginning again.

Reorx is the god of Dwarves, not specifcally Neidar, and is the World Forger. He is seen as Neutral but has no love for the Gods on the evil side of the Krynnish pantheon having been tricked by Hiddukel into creating the Grey Gem. Reorx tends to lean towards the good side of Neutral siding more often with Paladine more often but is still willing to work with Sargonnas and Zeboim in respect to forging and how ships work. He has no love for Takhisis and opposes her in some instances in Dragonlance.

I agree that players have some leniency in how they roleplay. Good roleplay, however, is not what a player can argue. Good roleplay is being able to look at your boundaries and create a character that accurately depicts what you are. An evil Kender is impossible, no matter how hard you "argue" because Kenders are NOT evil. Curious, yes, but they would despise evil actions.

I completely disagree with a Dragonarmy soldier and Neidar teaming. I'm not the Thane though. It goes against everything I know about the Neidar from their lore. But, do whatever you want with the guild. Just know that it makes absolutely no sense for a Neidar to team with the Dragonarmies within the lore.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 21 Oct 2014 19:08

Greneth wrote:Not that I really want to see a bunch of Neidar and DA teaming, but I'm agreeing with Irk. Sure the current timeline may set the Neidar joining the Knights, but again as time is frozen players should be able to steer the guild in the direction they want. Certain things to remember though, the Valar would strike the Rangers down should they stray from the path. As there is no Paladine currently active the Knights "Could" do whatever they wanted but to a Knight the Code is everything so I doubt that would ever happen. You're brainwashed from the get go, Scops also have a higher power they follow and would feel the backlash from straying.

The Neidar however could do... whatever they please. My Kyrnn knowledge is a bit lacking so not sure how Rhyorx*? would feel about that though.

Knights and the DA's have had several treaties, which goes directly against any lore... soo...

You (Greneth and Irk) are both operating under the false assumption that time "moves forward". From an RP perspective, time is at a snapshot. We are not rewriting books, we are operating as characters within them. RPing the theme is acting as a person within the books would have. For example, there are afflicted kender (yes - arguably evil even) in the lore- but these are not allowed to exist and are hardcoded good because we operate under a very specific time within the books. Genesis is not like WoW - the story does not evolve. It is static.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 21 Oct 2014 19:40

Well you learn something new everyday, does this mean something needs to be hard coded to prevent Neidar from forming any kind of team with all goblins and orcs? As well as preventing any form of magical item including imbuements to be used by them? There are tons of inconsistencies then which if players are expected to follow a set flow that needs to be addressed then.

Really is a shame that players cannot evolve with such restricted role playing.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Oct 2014 19:50

I'm not going to mention unfit again, his post is quite clear

And according to the lore the dragonarmies and the Neidar clan are clear enemies, Hell Takhisis and Reorx arent even on "friendly" terms, they dont wage war either but Reorx is clearly on the side of Paladine alltho hes considered "neutral" Imo Neidar should be able to go like 4-5 levels below neutral, but instant gkick if they team with dragonarmies

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Oct 2014 19:52

Amorana wrote: You (Greneth and Irk) are both operating under the false assumption that time "moves forward". From an RP perspective, time is at a snapshot. We are not rewriting books, we are operating as characters within them. RPing the theme is acting as a person within the books would have. For example, there are afflicted kender (yes - arguably evil even) in the lore- but these are not allowed to exist and are hardcoded good because we operate under a very specific time within the books. Genesis is not like WoW - the story does not evolve. It is static.

There are evil Kenders indeed, or rather more or less corrupted ones, but thats... a LONG time after the war if I am not mistaking? We're talking after that big ass interdimensional dragon takes over kendermore?

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 21 Oct 2014 20:39

Draugor wrote:
Amorana wrote: You (Greneth and Irk) are both operating under the false assumption that time "moves forward". From an RP perspective, time is at a snapshot. We are not rewriting books, we are operating as characters within them. RPing the theme is acting as a person within the books would have. For example, there are afflicted kender (yes - arguably evil even) in the lore- but these are not allowed to exist and are hardcoded good because we operate under a very specific time within the books. Genesis is not like WoW - the story does not evolve. It is static.

There are evil Kenders indeed, or rather more or less corrupted ones, but thats... a LONG time after the war if I am not mistaking? We're talking after that big ass interdimensional dragon takes over kendermore?
Correct, after the second Cataclysm when Kendermore is essentially destroyed.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Fairlight
Apprentice

Post by Fairlight » 22 Oct 2014 07:08

We are not rewriting books
I certainly hope not, but more important, we are writing our own book. Our chars write their own book, full of adventure. Every character we chance to meet just adds to our own story, they become a chapter or a phrase in your book, just as you become one in theirs. We have the fortune of exploring lands we read about, and make it a part of our daily "life". The wizards have added limitations, embrace them, without them a guild would lose bonding.

so by all means, sign my book!

Flt.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/