Describe your favourite domain, get a reward!

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Describe your favourite domain, get a reward!

Post by Cherek » 26 Nov 2014 21:04

Hey,

So, the new web page is 95% complete. I could however use a hand with domain descriptions, since many of the ones on the current page is either very uninformative or simply very short.

Anyone interested in doing that? You'll get a thank you mention on the webpage, as well as a sneak-peek of the new design. But I am sure we can work out some type of in-game reward for a job well done as well if needed (no not quest XP silly), but something!

Avenir, Kalad, Khalakhor and Calia I think all work as they are, but I suppose they could always contain a little bit more info. But the style of writing I think is fine. However the rest are in a pretty sorry state. Or no state at all.

This is what I got so far:

Avenir
Below the tunnel-riddled mountains of Terel is Sybarus, a place of shadows and mystery, where the Faithful dwell upon islands cradled in the waters of a sunless sea. Explore the Holm wilderness, the deep tunnels of the Utterdark or simply enjoy a hot cup of relaxing Kahve at the Bazaar.

Kalad
The scorching Athasian sun beats down on you as you travel the Caravan Route westwards. Through the Kalad Waste, past great sand dunes, acrid salt flats and surprisingly lush grasslands. West, until you reach Kabal - the largest city in Genesis and always bustling with life, intrigue and adventure.

Khalakhor
The greenest of rolling plains and vast countryside where hidden heroes of the dawn emerge raising Celtic arms that rise up to battle forces seen and unseen. Where masters of the blade dwell in lore and mystery. There is much hidden and much to be revealed in the Celtic lands of Khalakhor.

Calia
The sun always shines on Calia, a land of great contrast. In your travels here you are just as likely to discover shrines dedicated to ancient gods as have your nose tweaked by a roving band of the light-spirited, but deadly Calian warriors.

Earthsea
Gont. Karg. Thwil.

Emerald
Light and Darkness. Darkness and Light.

Faerun
Swamps. Drows.

Gondor
Gondor.

Krynn
??

Raumdor
A dark, dismal and sullen land, Raumdor lures adventurers and explorers with its enticing mystery.

Shire
??

Sparkle
The hub.

Terel
Beguiling forests, mansions filled with nightmares, legions of darkness, mysteries of the ancients - all dwell here.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: Describe your favourite domain, get a reward!

Post by Snowrose » 26 Nov 2014 22:34

ok here is my go at it It may need a good proofread.

Shire: Travel along The Great East road ThroughThe Shire; a land of the simple joys: good ale, great food, and gardens expertly tended. Blissfully unaware of the dangerous Orc Camps near by the Brandywine River, Explore the forboding Barrow Downs and Old Forest Dine in The famous Prancing Pony in Bree where you can rent a steed or join the Equestrians and blacksmiths. Or keep traveling East throught midgewater, Trollshaws, and Rivendel.

Gondor: Explore The greatest realm of men in middle earth. From the bustling Ports of piligir through the farms of thornlin to the towering City of Minas Tirith and the nearby Ruins of Osgiliath, Dare you cross the river into the dangerous battlegrounds of Ithilien and Mordor or contiue north to the city and plains of Rohan and the Entwash.

Faerun: Before you at the foot of Neverwinter City are a few carefree farms, Lovely flower guardens and hidden Orchards, Fight lizardmen and Bullywugs in the swamplands or for the truly brave or foolhearted decend into the underdark home of the drow and ...worse.

might add more but i want to give somone else a shot.

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 26 Nov 2014 23:05

As a Gladiator I think Tyr should get a mention, so.

The scorching Athasian sun beats down on you as you travel the Caravan Route westwards from the city of Tyr, domain of King Kalak. Through the Kalad Waste, past great sand dunes, acrid salt flats and surprisingly lush grasslands. West, until you reach Kabal - the largest city in Genesis and always bustling with life, intrigue and adventure.

Creed

Post by Creed » 27 Nov 2014 00:28

Why are Shire and Gondor split in two, while Krynn is all under one?

I mean.. It ought to be MiddleEarth and Krynn, no?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 27 Nov 2014 01:14

Krynn and Ansalon are actually two distinct domains.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 27 Nov 2014 01:37

I believe Creed was saying this webpage-wise

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 27 Nov 2014 02:19

Oh, right, I see. Well, if the webpage splits up Shire and Gondor, it should probably split up Krynn and Ansalon, too.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Nov 2014 10:03

Excellent stuff Snowrose, keep more coming if you have. The other have had their chance now!:)

And good idea Ragni, Tyr should definitely be mentioned, actually I had forgotten Cirath is its own domain so... it should have it's own description! Feel like giving it a go Ragni?

Creed / Gorboth: Good point Creed, I simply used the info form the old (current) web page but you're right of course. And like Gorboth said I agree we should split Krynn and Ansalon too, since they are different domains, and are also split up when it comes to tower of realms and the quest orbs. So it would make more sense to split them up.

I also forgot that Cadu is considered a part of Khalakhor so that needs to be included in the Khalakhor desc.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Nov 2014 10:20

This is what we have now, with no forgotten domains, and Snowrose descriptions added (I made a few additions / typo corrections, hope thats ok Snowrose?):

This is what we got so far:

GOOD
---------

Avenir
Below the tunnel-riddled mountains of Terel is Sybarus, a place of shadows and mystery, where the Faithful dwell upon islands cradled in the waters of a sunless sea. Explore the Holm wilderness, the deep tunnels of the Utterdark or simply enjoy a hot cup of relaxing Kahve at the Bazaar.

Kalad
The scorching Athasian sun beats down on you as you travel the Caravan Route westwards. Through the Kalad Waste, past great sand dunes, acrid salt flats and surprisingly lush grasslands. West, until you reach Kabal - the largest city in Genesis and always bustling with life, intrigue and adventure.

Calia
The sun always shines on Calia, a land of great contrast. In your travels here you are just as likely to discover shrines dedicated to ancient gods as have your
nose tweaked by a roving band of the light-spirited, but deadly Calian warriors.

Shire
Travel along the Great East road through the Shire - a land of the simple joys. Good ale, great food, and gardens expertly tended. It's hobbit inhabitants blissfully unaware of the dangerous orc camps forming near the Brandywine River. Explore the foreboding Barrow Downs and the Old Forest or dine at the famous Prancing Pony in Bree. With a full belly then continue your journey east, through the Midgewater and Trollshaws, until you finally reach the safe haven of Rivendell.

Gondor
Explore the greatest realm of men in Middle Earth. From the bustling Ports of Pelargir through the farms of Thornlin to the towering City of Minas Tirith and the nearby Ruins of Osgiliath. Dare you cross the river into the dangerous battlegrounds of Ithilien and Mordor or would you rather continue north to the plains of Rohan and the Entwash?

Faerun
Before you at the foot of Neverwinter City are a few carefree farms, lovely flower gardens and hidden orchards. Help protect these peaceful lands from lizardmen and bullywugs in the nearby swamplands, or for the truly brave or foolhearted, descend into the Underdark home of the Drow and ...worse.

NEEDS MORE
--------------------
Khalakhor
The greenest of rolling plains and vast countryside where hidden heroes of the dawn emerge raising Celtic arms that rise up to battle forces seen and unseen. Where masters of the blade dwell in lore and mystery. There is much hidden and much to be revealed in the Celtic lands of Khalakhor. <-- CADU needs to be included.

Terel
Beguiling forests, mansions filled with nightmares, legions of darkness, mysteries of the ancients - all dwell here. <-- More needed, or something completely new.

Raumdor
A dark, dismal and sullen land, Raumdor lures adventurers and explorers with its enticing mystery. <-- More needed, or something completely new.

NEEDS EVERYTHING
-------------------------------
Cirath
Gladiators. Tyr. Connected to Kalad.

Earthsea
Gont. Karg. Thwil.

Emerald
Telberin. North shore. Wilderness, orcs and ogres.

Krynn
??

Ansalon
??

Sparkle
The hub.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 27 Nov 2014 11:12

Sparkle: Behold the Capital hub city of the glorious donut. Home of the most visited places in our world. This is where you need to go to get anywhere else. Home of the Mercinaries. Visit the Museum, Library, and the famous Tower of Realms home of the Sparkle board! Visit the Realms only auctionhouse and the enchanter that will help you manage your extra embuments. and we cannot forget the church the starting point of many a young adventurer. And special once a week Market quest outside the auction and cooking quest outside the Swan Inn.. and much more

Outside sparkle: venture out of the saftly of the city to find the reclusive Thespian club, the memorial of lost players. a hidden goblin settlement. follow a yellow brick road to a dwarven city. and the vast orc fortresses to the west.

Faerie: South of sparkle orc camps is a wimsical elven village. home of the wildrunner elves and all the finer thing elves bring us, Visit the fine letherworking shop and winery, herbilist and shops.

Cadu: Visit the exotic town of Re Albi and its vast castle and mighty statues. explore north if the town to find unique and condecending wildlife, mazelike forests and breathtaking cliff sanctuaries, search for treasure on beaches and the volcanic island of the elements.

Earthsea: The swashbuckling land of travelers sailors and beachcombers, find unique shells, migrating coconuts, and driftwood. talk to the friendly local who always have a task or two for a young stranger. travel to the forests of the north for more adventures secret passages and a hidden secrets. visit the island of twill and find more unique beach items or heard animals.

Emerald: Homeland of elves, visit the lovely shops and gardens of the main city of telberin(sp?) buy rare gems and valuable potions. take the ferry north to find exotic bird nests fight vicious orcs maybe even obtain the rare and valuable torque. (cant talk about wedding chapel as not sure if it will be back, and i miss elves of Telon-Ri guild)

feel free to correct facts if i mess anything up or add stuff to these that i missed. may add more later.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/