Vote! What to include in web rankings

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

What to include in the new web rankings?

1. Same as now, "Athletes" and "Minds".
4%
2. "Athletes" + INT, WIS and DIS.
No votes
3. STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, and DIS.
23%
4. "Athletes" + "Minds" + STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, and DIS.
73%

Total votes: 26

Cherek
Site Admin

Vote! What to include in web rankings

Post by Cherek » 30 Nov 2014 13:36

Okay,

So I am tweaking the web ranking a bit for the new page.

Question is... what to include in regards to stats. Figured I'd check what you players would like, the rankings are for you after all!

So I got basically four options, as you can see in the vote. Pick the one you like the best, or if you prefer some other setup, choose "other" and explain here. Here's the explanation for each option.

1. As it is now, STR, DEX and CON becomes "Athletes" and INT, WIS and DIS becomes "Minds".

2. STR, DEX and CON becomes "Athletes", but the mentals are split into individual stats. The reasoning for this is that combat stat makes more sense to bunch together since it shows who is the best physically, however mentals really dont belong together in the same way.

3. All stats individual. One ranking for each stat.

4. Everything combined. "Athletes" is STR, DEX and CON, "Minds" is INT, WIS and DIS, but we also show each rank individually.

Careers and Elders and the other stuff works fine as it is I think, just the stats are up for vote this time!

Note that in all options the "Overall Champion" category will probably be removed. It does not really make sense, since it sounds like it's the people with the highest stats, when in fact it factors in other thing as well... and unfortunately nobody really knows what... the wizard who made the original rankings script long ago did not write many comments in the code and has not been seen in quite some time. So we dont really know exactly what overall champion is, thus I do not think it should be included. And I dont really feel like trying to tinker with the original script that is written in Perl (which I dont know)... I'll probably just end up breaking all ranking, and they've worked very well for quite some time now.:)

Icarus
Veteran

Re: Vote! What to include in web rankings

Post by Icarus » 30 Nov 2014 17:46

If there is ever a change going to be made on this, after the four years of waiting so far, perhaps move the overal champion further down, rename it and make it those who score highest on the non-stat, non-age one, even split into the size groups as it is. Thus, if you just get the first spot that don't make the list on herbing, killing, moneymaking, crafting and questers, then perhaps combined you'd be this weeks "Most Versatile Player" in either lightweight or heavyweight class.

Just a thought, since there doesn't seem to have been made any changes yet...

- Christian
Flee you fools!

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 30 Nov 2014 22:16

I would like to change my vote to the last option.

:)

-Carmelo

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Dec 2014 12:26

Icarus wrote:If there is ever a change going to be made on this, after the four years of waiting so far, perhaps move the overal champion further down, rename it and make it those who score highest on the non-stat, non-age one, even split into the size groups as it is. Thus, if you just get the first spot that don't make the list on herbing, killing, moneymaking, crafting and questers, then perhaps combined you'd be this weeks "Most Versatile Player" in either lightweight or heavyweight class.

Just a thought, since there doesn't seem to have been made any changes yet...

- Christian
Four years of waiting for what?

This is a question on what you want included in the rankings for a NEW webpage that will soon replace the current one. There will be no changes made to the rankings on our current web page.

As for your suggestions there are limited options on which data can be used. Tapakah (I think) created a perl script long ago that takes data from the game and puts it in a web-compatible file. We are limited to the options he included when he made that script. There will be no changes made to the other options not included in this vote, unless someone volunteers to redo the whole data collection script from scratch which wont be a small job. (at least not for me). It's not something I want to attempt since I dont think there is much of a need, as there really isnt anything wrong with the current script, and I think it contains enough rankings options.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Dec 2014 12:26

bromen wrote:I would like to change my vote to the last option.

:)

-Carmelo
So change it?:)

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 01 Dec 2014 15:14

Cherek wrote:Four years of waiting for what?
Forgive me Cherek, I was quite tired on one eye, I read the "Joined" date, and forget to look at the "post" date ;)

And it is possible Carmelo was aiming at my suggestion when he said "last option"..
Flee you fools!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Dec 2014 15:19

Icarus wrote:
Cherek wrote:Four years of waiting for what?
Forgive me Cherek, I was quite tired on one eye, I read the "Joined" date, and forget to look at the "post" date ;)

And it is possible Carmelo was aiming at my suggestion when he said "last option"..
I must admit the join/post date confuses me from time to time too...:)

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 01 Dec 2014 20:06

Too funny Cherek. Just this morning before work I was thinking "It'd be awesome to know who's highest in each stat." Last option, please. Great idea.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 02 Dec 2014 01:06

won't let me revote...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Dec 2014 01:36

Nice Manglor:)

Bromen, ah, I had forgotten to check that option. Now you can change your vote.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/