Saving items, loosing their ability to save?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Makfly
Champion

Saving items, loosing their ability to save?

Post by Makfly » 16 Apr 2010 12:27

Can anyone tell me the rationale behind having saving items, have a chance to not save if you log in and out with them?
I am not talking about carrying things over from armageddon to the next, but just logging out with items during a normal day of playing.

Some times like herbs and containers and what not, do not loose their ability to save, even if you log out with them, then why is it different with a weapon or a piece of armour?

I know that if I logged out with some saving equipment, I don't want to log back in until I am certain that armaggedon have come and gone, because I don't want to risk the items not saving anymore. So I use a second character to check whether or not armageddon have hit or not, which is kind of silly that you have to do it that way, I think.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Elita
Apprentice

Re: Saving items, loosing their ability to save?

Post by Elita » 16 Apr 2010 13:08

Well.... Just rack you stuff like most others do and you can log on/off whenever you want and dont have to fear loosing anything :D

I'm sure that's not the answer you wanted, but I think it's the most obvious answer at least. Rack your stuff and all is fine and dandy.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 17 Apr 2010 03:21

you lose stuff racking too.

-b

Elita
Apprentice

Post by Elita » 18 Apr 2010 03:09

Of course there is always the risk with rack thievery, but if that is
the case. Root them out and punish them severely or ask the guild
wiz to code something that lists who has borrowed what..

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 18 Apr 2010 07:07

The rationale is that items should remain active in the game and not sit on logged out players.
I doubt we'll change anything to make being logged out with items easier.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 18 Apr 2010 07:24

perhaps the rational thought should be, would more people play if they could save their equipment. Perhaps a log out of more than two days would mean an item reset for that character.

-b

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 18 Apr 2010 10:21

cotillion wrote:The rationale is that items should remain active in the game and not sit on logged out players.
I doubt we'll change anything to make being logged out with items easier.
Okay, fair enough.
Then could every guild atleast get a copy-paste rack with all the functionalities of the Necromancers, and all players get the ability to mark an item to stop it from being sold, like the smiths can do?
I know some wizards might not like that you copy-paste their code to other parts of the game, but I cannot see a reason why all guilds should not have the same top-of-the-line racks, to help racks being abused. If people want to log out with their equipment on them, it's a symptom, and if you don't want to help alleviate the symptom, please look at fixing the root cause then.

Also, would it be possible to display the information from <date> on the front screen before you log in?
So that way you know if it's been armageddon already, or if it's too early to log back in again if you're carrying saving items.

Knuffel
Wanderer

Post by Knuffel » 18 Apr 2010 11:26

Makfly wrote: Then could every guild atleast get a copy-paste rack with all the functionalities of the Necromancers, ... should not have the same top-of-the-line racks
Why ?!?
Every guild is unique, and the racks should reflect the guild.
Copy / Paste and creating one unified rack will for sure not increase the overall game experience.
Makfly wrote: and all players get the ability to mark an item to stop it from being sold, like the smiths can do?
What is wrong with worldly keep command ?
As far as I remember keep is available to all, no ?
Makfly wrote: Also, would it be possible to display the information from <date> on the front screen before you log in?
I cannot agree more, even integrated here in the forum, with an email notification.
Makfly wrote: So that way you know if it's been armageddon already, or if it's too early to log back in again if you're carrying saving items.
So you can come and save the racks, you must have meant to say *grin*

My cc.
K.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 18 Apr 2010 12:23

knuffel wrote:Why ?!?
Every guild is unique, and the racks should reflect the guild.
Copy / Paste and creating one unified rack will for sure not increase the overall game experience.
Wrong. It certainly would increase the overall game experience.
There is nothing "fun" about crappy racks like AAs that gets abused. There is nothing "fun" about the chest-looters of the Gladiators that happened for years. Nothing. Fun. At. All.
It would certain increase the overall game experience if all guilds have good, up to date rack code, that cannot be easily abused, and not just have it be for the few guilds that might be lucky to have an active guild wizard or whatever.
Also I am talking about code, not the description of the rack. If guild X have a rack that has the description of a case instead of a rack, then super. It's the actual functionality I am talking about.
knuffel wrote: What is wrong with worldly keep command ?
As far as I remember keep is available to all, no ?
The <keep> command is for not selling your stuff on accident, but there is also <unkeep> to make said items sellable. That's not what I'm talking about.
I am talking about the ability to mark items and not have it be sellable at all. Donate something to your guilds rack, and mark it, so that nobody can rob the rack and sell everything in it to spite the legit members.
knuffel wrote: So you can come and save the racks, you must have meant to say *grin*
No as I said, I don't want to log in before armageddon have happened if I am carrying saving items, because if I log in by accident before it resets, some of the items I'm carrying might not save for when armageddon actually hits.
That's why I use a second character as I mentioned, to log and check if I am unsure. Which is silly.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 19 Apr 2010 11:00

I would be a fan of only armageddon triggering the saving status...
So I could quit with my favoured set of gear, bottles, ingots etc between armas.

Yes people will use it as a risk free personal drop, but that anti social behaviour will happen either way...
If you want to discourage player X keeping crystal axe, black gem ring etc always on them put a plats cost for recovering magic gear from the void.

Would also like to see recovery times speeded up, recovering each herb is a real pain.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/