Wikipedia Editing

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Wikipedia Editing

Post by Cherek » 29 Nov 2014 21:51

So... I was attempting to change our Genesis wikipedia entry. Changing text is no problem, however what I really wanted to change was our outdated logo. But I simply cannot, despite googling and searching for info, figure out how to do it. Is there anyone here with experience editing wikipedia content that can explain how to do it? Or perhaps even do it for me if I send the file?

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Wikipedia Editing

Post by gorboth » 29 Nov 2014 22:14

Rhynox is an expert. Anyone know how to contact him?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 03 Dec 2014 19:04

I believe that this could be applied here.

Is that what you're looking for?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 03 Dec 2014 21:50

While at it, fix the name of my brother?

Listed as "Thornstein 'Plugh' Lockert", should be "Thorstein" as firstname. And what about Mecien on that list?
Flee you fools!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Dec 2014 00:59

Icarus wrote:While at it, fix the name of my brother?

Listed as "Thornstein 'Plugh' Lockert", should be "Thorstein" as firstname. And what about Mecien on that list?
I have no idea about any of those names really and have no idea who should be credited for what. I wasn't around that early. In my opinion theres ALOT of people who could be credited as "developers". So uh yeah, I'll let someone else decide who should be credited there...

You probably have been around longer than me and know more about the early days anyway so perhaps you should just update stuff you feel is wrong? Thats the idea of Wikipedia anyway? And you can fix the spelling error in the process! Although THORN-stein is cooler is it not?:)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Dec 2014 01:02

Zhar wrote:I believe that this could be applied here.

Is that what you're looking for?
Hm yeah that seems to be what I want to do. Unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a way to replace/update the current logo. It says it "cant be overwritten". I dont know... and I was not allowed to upload a new image since only those who have made at least 10 text edits are allowed to upload images... Hm.

Well this was harder than expected...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/