Turkeysaurus Slain!

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Turkeysaurus Slain!

Post by Cherek » 22 Dec 2014 15:32

The turkeysaurus was the end to a 2 week event, something Gorboth through together in a very quick amount of time, and an event that was hugely successful overall. So some of you didn't think the end was quite that satisfying as you had hoped for. Well, tough luck. Sometimes you camp the green dragon for days without getting a black gem ring too... Here you got 18 really good and never seen before weapons for 1.5 hour spent. Try doing that in 1.5 hours on an ordinary EQ run. You're also remembered as the people who killed the biggest monster in Genesis history. Much bigger than the Balrog, which at least before was considered a legendary thing to slay.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 22 Dec 2014 15:45

I thought it was fun. There were many highlights...Freya tanking like a boss. Chade escaping with barely his life. It was a long fight, and sure the loot was unremarkable. I thought it was funny with the feathers/talons/toes. As an Ogre I didn't go into it thinking I'd end up with something, but it would have been cool to run around with two 'turkey drumsticks' instead of sledgehammers.

How about a title in our description?

'He is a proud member of the team who slew the Turkeysaurus in 2014.' or something similar?

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 22 Dec 2014 16:07

Cherek wrote:The turkeysaurus was the end to a 2 week event, something Gorboth through together in a very quick amount of time, and an event that was hugely successful overall. So some of you didn't think the end was quite that satisfying as you had hoped for. Well, tough luck. Sometimes you camp the green dragon for days without getting a black gem ring too... Here you got 18 really good and never seen before weapons for 1.5 hour spent. Try doing that in 1.5 hours on an ordinary EQ run. You're also remembered as the people who killed the biggest monster in Genesis history. Much bigger than the Balrog, which at least before was considered a legendary thing to slay.

Well, Cherek, for some of us, obtaining weapons of high quality non-dulling types isn't as big of a problem as you try to make out here, and even if I had spent 3 hours on it, I'd gotten one AND a lot more xp than killing the turkeysaurus gave. Why we did it? Two reasons, "it was there" was reason #1, reason #2 was that there would so superior loot it would boggle our minds, according to Gorboth. Considering the first feather broke in such a short time, can't be replaced etc... not that epic...
Flee you fools!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Dec 2014 16:36

Well, if you havent already you should probably take your suggestions and feedback to Gorboth. As for mind boggling loot, well I suppose I would not have been extremely happy if my epic sword had broken in 15 min either. That's bad luck though and can happen to any dulling EQ. There's still 17 weapons left though, thats quite a few...:) Perhaps people also got too high expectations as a huge team failed at first because of the DIS issue, and it lived for so long, making expectations even bigger? Had it been killed at the last night of the event it would probably have felt as a nice little bonus to end the event.

As for titles, well I dont know, the rewards and titles for the event havent been awarded yet. I dont know if Gorboth has a turkeysaurus slayer title planned or not.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 22 Dec 2014 17:06

Turkey slayer title is mine alone :-)
It's just the rest of genesis that manages to slay me :-(
Manglor wrote:You deserved it, but I was spamming 'rip head from corpse' so much that I probably would have ninja'd it anyway. *grin*
I absolutely never would stoop to the level of spamming or other sorts to get it first.....

Alisa, Mighty turkeyslayer.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 22 Dec 2014 19:42

Alisa kills turkeysaurus.
- Alisa the Mighty Turkeyslayer.

Irk kills Alisa.
- Irk the Mighty Alisaslayer, Slayer of Turkeys.

Castaneda kills Irk.
- Castaneda the Mighty Irkslayer, Slayer of Alisa, Slayer of Turkeys.

Manglor kills Castaneda.
- Manglor the Mighty Castanedaslayer, Slayer of Irk, Slayer of Alisa, Slayer of Turkeys.

etc etc etc etc.... ;)
Flee you fools!

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 22 Dec 2014 19:53

Icarus wrote:Alisa kills turkeysaurus.

Irk kills Alisa.

Castaneda kills Irk.

Manglor kills Castaneda.
- Manglor the Mighty Castanedaslayer, Slayer of Irk, Slayer of Alisa, Slayer of Turkeys.

etc etc etc etc.... ;)
Now who's being silly? :P

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 22 Dec 2014 20:30

Manglor wrote:
Icarus wrote:Alisa kills turkeysaurus.

Irk kills Alisa.

Castaneda kills Irk.

Manglor kills Castaneda.

etc etc etc etc.... ;)
Now who's being silly? :P

Aye, Manglor cant kill Cast :P

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 22 Dec 2014 20:53

Draugor wrote:Aye, Manglor cant kill Cast :P
"Hold still damnit! Quite bouncing around!!! DAMN KENDERS!!!"

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 22 Dec 2014 21:26

Manglor wrote:
Draugor wrote:Aye, Manglor cant kill Cast :P
"Hold still damnit! Quite bouncing around!!! DAMN KENDERS!!!"

MOre like "Where the hell did he go!?" *5 hours later* Aaah toilet time *Oh wait there he is, he was hiding in THERE!?*"

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/