Hoarding

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mersereau
Champion

Re: Hoarding

Post by Mersereau » 04 Jan 2015 01:29

Draugor wrote:
Mersereau wrote:Or the game could rid themselves of the archaic idea that running around for hours not being able to find gear is a good idea. It makes no sense to try to attract people by telling them, "Yes we have nice items to use, but unless you play many, many hours you won't be able to find them." There are plenty of other games one can play where loot hunting is actually a fun concept because the drop rates not a hindrance to the playerbase.

Remove the item restriction.
If we're making shit unlimited we'd really have to beef them up, otherwise we'll have everyone wielding and wearing the same shit
Games should be fun, right? Not a chore.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 Jan 2015 01:55

Then why not just make a vendor machine in every guild where they can order shit and then just go out and grind? :P FBB? 100 plats, Midnight plate 100 plats etc, ready to rock! :P

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 04 Jan 2015 02:50

Playerfighting might be more balanced that way.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 04 Jan 2015 05:33

With the inception of imbuements there exists a way to differentiate between items/power through augmentation.

Why not allow this to be the way in which things differ.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 Jan 2015 07:20

Windemere wrote:With the inception of imbuements there exists a way to differentiate between items/power through augmentation.

Because some weapons are so insanely unbalanced that its silly :P

Should make NPCs with uber stuff harder to kill, if you cant kill those NPCs... dont use that gear or get a friend

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 04 Jan 2015 10:59

Draugor wrote:
Windemere wrote:With the inception of imbuements there exists a way to differentiate between items/power through augmentation.

Because some weapons are so insanely unbalanced that its silly :P

Should make NPCs with uber stuff harder to kill, if you cant kill those NPCs... dont use that gear or get a friend

As I said before, that just makes the difference between players even bigger.

And Merserau, you assume that it is only fun if you have great gear and that without it the game is a chore. What I was suggesting was that we lower the standard of what is great gear, a kestrel marked longsword should be considered a great sword while a abbasi a treasure to be valued and seen as winning the lottery. Using the elite items should be rare and feel special.

Quest items should be changed, the gem from the JBS could be given to all the weapons Gorgun wields or have him always wield the JBS and lower its quality.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 04 Jan 2015 22:01

I do think that some more preparation should be needed for enemies that can have special items, for example, the orc captain in Emerald you should have to build a ladder with some half-rotten wood found there and at least one other person to hold the ladder when you climb up, that same ladder would then break when you climb down making you have to wait/look for new wood. Or at the yeti you need someone to hold a rope for you to be able to leave. This forces even the biggest myths to team to kill these enemies.

A lot of other things could be made as well, Gorgun shouts for help from all the other orcs in the camp etc. Also there should be bigger risk of death even for myths.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 Jan 2015 23:27

arcon wrote:I do think that some more preparation should be needed for enemies that can have special items, for example, the orc captain in Emerald you should have to build a ladder with some half-rotten wood found there and at least one other person to hold the ladder when you climb up, that same ladder would then break when you climb down making you have to wait/look for new wood. Or at the yeti you need someone to hold a rope for you to be able to leave. This forces even the biggest myths to team to kill these enemies.

A lot of other things could be made as well, Gorgun shouts for help from all the other orcs in the camp etc. Also there should be bigger risk of death even for myths.

Fist of all, I know legends that solo the Yeti, huge myths even easier. The deathrisk is small since most of the mobs holding stuff are sissies, gorgun is a damn wimp, Loran? Wimp, shadowelves? Well the weapon stealing is annoying but still, sissies

Tharandil
Adventurer

Post by Tharandil » 06 Jan 2015 12:41

I mostly like the idea of "elite" gear being more rare, the amount of really good gear is kinda going out of control, especially when imbues comes into play, making all regular gear feel like Im fighting with wooden sticks.
I guess the long armas kinda help aswell... :roll:

Making things harder to kill will only benefit the myths++ as I see it..

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 06 Jan 2015 12:52

tharandil wrote:I mostly like the idea of "elite" gear being more rare, the amount of really good gear is kinda going out of control, especially when imbues comes into play, making all regular gear feel like Im fighting with wooden sticks.
I guess the long armas kinda help aswell... :roll:

Making things harder to kill will only benefit the myths++ as I see it..

Then make a team and take the mob down :P Or make smith stuff alot better so that people might be content with that, place imbuements inside forgestuff from stones, mine different types of ores for making stuff

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/